Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

What I Want To Know Is Why We Are The Only Team To Yet Make A Signing??!!

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

I remember when we went to newly promoted Hull, who had no manager, Jake Livermore at centre back and a load of kids on the bench, as reigning champions on the opening day and lost. I've seen very little from this team in the past nine months or so to give me the confidence that we're going to "walk" anyone.

Ugh such a grim memory.

We could tell something was horribly wrong based on that one game.

31 minutes ago, Guest said:

I remember when we went to newly promoted Hull, who had no manager, Jake Livermore at centre back and a load of kids on the bench, as reigning champions on the opening day and lost. I've seen very little from this team in the past nine months or so to give me the confidence that we're going to "walk" anyone.

Dont think it's the same, we'd just spent the summer getting battered by european clubs and we'd lost arguably our most important player, in hindsight we were unprepared for facing a defensive side like hull. Going into west brom soyuncu, tielemans and castagne have all played well in the internationals, the rest of the team had a good warmup against lower quality opposition and i dont think west brom have the defensive grit to cause us any problems.

• Like 1

On 05/09/2020 at 20:36, Ric Flair said:

if finances were indeed really tight, we'd not have splurged £21.5m on a full back with just a year on his contract. As always he's been a long term target and we were in a position to get him for a price we deemed sensible (not sensible if very skint).

There will be movement next week, at least 1 more in and then a couple more by the close of the window.

Well not long before we sold a player for more than double that, so its actually a net intake of money rather than spending.

I would be very surprised if we have a net spend.

16 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Dont think it's the same, we'd just spent the summer getting battered by european clubs and we'd lost arguably our most important player, in hindsight we were unprepared for facing a defensive side like hull. Going into west brom soyuncu, tielemans and castagne have all played well in the internationals, the rest of the team had a good warmup against lower quality opposition and i dont think west brom have the defensive grit to cause us any problems.

Quite similar then, we're without Evans, Ricardo and Madison.  On the plus side we have Amartey back.

On 09/09/2020 at 18:28, Nicolo Barella said:

I think by the time the window closes, we'll have got all our targets in. Problem is the first 4 games. We have to win at least 6 points from them, ideally 9, in order not to collapse again. The team is mentally weak.

:vardy:

• Thanks 1