Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Derided prior to kick off, but he made just one very minor mistake in the entire game, giving away a free kick to Gundogan early on. And I thought the decision was harsh!

He's no Evans, Fofana or Soyuncu, but put some respect on Dan Amartey's name. He's a good squad member. He's played Man City twice and been on the winning team twice!

tenor.gif

Really good post. 

Also, have more confidence in our set piece defending when he’s playing, one of our better defenders aerially even if he is not as skilful as our other central defenders. 

• Like 1

Amartey is fine at CB. 

Yes he's not as good as soyuncu/fofana/Evans

Yes he's got a howler in him, like every centre back in the history of the game.

Hard to judge him in that game though cos man City lacked any focal point in attack

• Like 2

Big Dan has done it again, putting in another big performance in an important game. :appl:

Despite the excitement over Benko actually looking decent for once, we know Amartey is decent cover at CB. Both he and Cags look happier in a 2, at least to me.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Big Dan has done it again, putting in another big performance in an important game. :appl:

Despite the excitement over Benko actually looking decent for once, we know Amartey is decent cover at CB. Both he and Cags look happier in a 2, at least to me.

Agreed. Big part of Cags struggles last season was due to being in a back 3. Never looked comfortable. 

• Like 2

Big Dan's character has grown massively over the last year, he's been through alot and now he's here shining with us on these bright days - after floating around CDM, CB, RB and the bench, the constant and gruelling injuries, groups of players coming in with high hopes and going; he's still here, part of the group, taking more and more responsibility on his shoulders ... the Chelsea tiff for example, it kicked off by the side of the pitch, they obviously had a problem with him and Dan came down from the bench to the sideline to show his face and protect Ricardo. A warrior. Deserves respect for his time here.

• Like 3

I think with Dan it is a confidence thing.  If he has a few steady games early doors and we ALL get behind him, he may just get us through this difficult CB situation with JE being out.

Well played yesterday Dan.  Chris Sutton was actually very complimentary on Malaysian TV and made Dan MOM.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, splinterdream said:

The man is beautiful, now let's spend the money on a right winger please

Steady on there! I reckon we still need a CB.

The situation with JE is uncertain. Yes, scheduled for a Sept return but who knows from there. It's long standing problem, one that may flair up again, or (god forbid) end his career. If we get an injury to Cags or Dan (and, come on, it happens) then we are looking decidedly threadbare.

Another CB would be wise, even a loan. And I imply no disrespects to Dan at all. He was comfortable yesterday, and looked up to the task. (He's becoming a really good passer of the ball too, some delightful little passes yesterday)

I give him his dues he did well yesterday. Although had the benefit of not playing against an out and out centre forward.

I don't think he's the solution in a permanent back four but he's shown again he's a versatile utility player who can still do a role when needed 

Think yesterday’s performance by Dan settles a number of questions.

Yes, he’s good enough to be 4th choice CB, at least short-medium term.

Yes, he’s good enough to start 12-15 games next season.

Benkovic’s non-selection and lack of any minutes tells us he won’t get a squad place for next season.

So we need one, not two, more CB before the end of the window to be 3rd choice/cover for Evans/deputy for little Wes.

We won’t IMO opinion invest in another CB because playing four at the back you rarely need a 5th choice CB, and should that happen we can press any of Ndidi Nelson Castagne or Justin (in time) into emergency service.

5 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Think yesterday’s performance by Dan settles a number of questions.

Yes, he’s good enough to be 4th choice CB, at least short-medium term.

Yes, he’s good enough to start 12-15 games next season.

Benkovic’s non-selection and lack of any minutes tells us he won’t get a squad place for next season.

So we need one, not two, more CB before the end of the window to be 3rd choice/cover for Evans/deputy for little Wes.

We won’t IMO opinion invest in another CB because playing four at the back you rarely need a 5th choice CB, and should that happen we can press any of Ndidi Nelson Castagne or Justin (in time) into emergency service.

The other option would be to sign one CB permanently and get another on loan.

Although not sure how feasible that is…

My worry is that Evans is going to have a very stop-start season with injuries