Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FuriousFox46

Mirror Rivalry App

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I don't really know why it kicked off,but the Derby & Leicester fans were renouned..in that aggro-70s period Both of the away fans...caused alot of street rumbles more than others,and when they actually we met each other,the Police knew there were major clashes ahead & many police officers were in for a long weekend/night

I believe for the so called modern era of the 70s,City & Derby caused since along time Horses to be used to disperse the Hooligan fans...once Leicester & Derby fans got together,after seperate games and ran off both travelling Manutd then L'pool fans...Derby was probably the Millwall of the Midlands,at the time,and So city aggro-fraternity,declared their intentions & aspirations...

Once got caught up in a pub fight with Derby fans in Alvaston. Bit of a wild west vibe - tables going over, glasses smashing everywhere - including my head. Lucky it didn't hit me somewhere important I guess...

Forest's results:

forestrivals.png.e016fea0c2c134a9c0cfe322ede2156d.png

Derby's results:

derbyrivals.png.0bd7446bb2d9108ce9bb23cc75d41544.png

I can't seem to get my head around this, as I have been told many times that these clubs do not care about us.

Interesting that other than us and Derby, nobody appears to give a fuch about Forest, but every man and his dog hates Derby for some reason. What do Boro, Sunderland or Bournemouth have against them?

• Haha 2

I’m wondering how this works? I’m sure that I ‘played’ as Forest earlier and got Derby as their biggest rival - which would make sense.

If it's got the likes of me playing as a fan of a different team does that affect the results if enough people are doing the same (playing as a fan of a different team)?

And Derby as one of the five most disliked teams in the country??

it smacks of a mutant algorithm to me!! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Forest's results:

Derby's results:

I can't seem to get my head around this, as I have been told many times that these clubs do not care about us.

Interesting that other than us and Derby, nobody appears to give a fuch about Forest, but every man and his dog hates Derby for some reason. What do Boro, Sunderland or Bournemouth have against them?

On the first page someone posted a picture and we were at 38% for Forest which has now gone up to 61% since being posted on here :whistle: maybe a few too many checking who Forest had put.

You’re right about no one other than us and Derby particularly caring about Forest though, which is a major blow considering a number of them are still of the belief they have a real rivalry with Liverpool, seems none of the Sheffield clubs or Leeds are bothered either like they think.

Edited by Yes
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I’m wondering how this works? I’m sure that I ‘played’ as Forest earlier and got Derby as their biggest rival - which would make sense.

If it's got the likes of me playing as a fan of a different team does that affect the results if enough people are doing the same (playing as a fan of a different team)?

And Derby as one of the five most disliked teams in the country??

it smacks of a mutant algorithm to me!! 

Agreed. By the way remember seeing Mutant Algorithm on the Whistle Test years ago. 

What a band they were! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sang some songs and they took it all very seriously. Also we're doing what they want to be doing in terms of actually breaking into the upper reaches of the league and winning stuff this century.

Tbh let's not pretend that wasn't embarrassing. Imagine going to a football match and singing about Boris Johnson ffs.

Agree on the second part though.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sly said:

I dislike Chelsea, more than I do Derby, Notts, Cov, Peterborough etc .......

It all started with that penalty decision in the 5th round of the FA Cup. 

Still hurts. Was there. Felt like I was the only young child there that game. Remember it well. 

• Like 1

Other than Cambridge and potentially Lincoln, We’d be the closest team to Peterborough. I’m bit surprised by that. 

I loved that season in League 1 and the Peterborough away game great, despite us losing (from memory).

How many of us put Forest or Derby down? I put down Forest, for historical reasons.  But who has heard somebody with an East Midlands accent in a pub and spoken to them, to find out that they support Derby or Forest? And then had a friendly footy conversation where the 'dislike' only amounts to mere banter? Come on, own up!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danizen said:

Surprised Stoke isn't up there. Horrible club with ideas way above their station and call me petty but I still dislike them for 2008.

Bankrolled by a billionaire family making their money out of pure greed, betting, and haven't done much to improve the club's prospects in recent times.

Edited by Wymsey

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Bankrolled by a billionaire family making their money out of pure greed, betting, and haven't done much to improve the club's prospects in recent times.

They haven't forced anybody to gamble? They're not exactly bankrolling them either whilst they're floundering in the championship. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Very surprised about the Posh hatting us. Looking at the them figures... one thing is clear Coventry are probably our real rivals.

I remember us behaving very badly at their place in 93 or 94 where we had half of the ground. 

We also tend to take over their town when we do there with thousands taking over the pubs and generally acting a bit lairy.

We also tend to beat them as well and have had success that they could only dream of 

Posh/Northampton would be bigger rivals if we played them more. We're much bigger and have rarely played each other.

There's some rivalries like that. Fulham probably hate Chelsea but Chelsea are too big to care. Alough some rivalries aren't played in years and still exist - look at Port Vale/Stoke and even in recent years Newcastle/Sunderland.

20 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Forest's results:

Derby's results:

Forest's whole 'we don't care about Leicester' line is genuinely amusing when it's backed up by a claim of having a bigger rivalry with Liverpool. 

• Like 1