Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

One thing we have going for us is that he gives the appearance of loving playing for us. 

Most of the players seem to. I think we've made the club a really good place to be. It's only been Mahrez who has pushed for a move and I don't think it was because he didn't like it, just wanted to play in the Champions League regularly.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

I guess there’s an argument that last year he tailed off towards the end not necessarily due to fatigue because of the season but potentially due to the Covid break as he was effectively going from scratch, and not in the rhythm. 

So maybe he does need to play rather than be rested in order to keep his fitness up. 

Youri's worst period was well before covid so not sure that argument holds up. During our 8 game win streak during the christmas period you could visibly see him getting more and more knackered each game, after the brighton game and second international break he was nowhwere near standard and subsequently dropped later on, all of which could have been prevented if he'd had a rest or two earlier on.

As well as being a rhythm player, he's a player that when on song is unbelievable and when off form seems sluggish and slow to snap back out of it. This might be another reason Rodgers and Martinez are playing him at every available opportunity because they know they are getting him on form every game and want to maximise that whilst it lasts.

I personally think he is now in the groove in this country with the right fitness levels to cope and will take some stopping.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem we have is come the summer we have Ricardo, Soyuncu and Tielemans all with only 2 years left and Iheanacho with 1 year left. I don't see us allowing Ricardo to run his contract down to just a year given he is now in his mid to late twenties. But we probably cannot afford to sell more than 1 asset next summer without risking tipping the balance in the favour of the opposition.

We badly need CL to pay for the increase in wages to our successful players, thats one of the reasons why it makes sense to sell a high earner at maximum value and reinvest with younger players.

Yep. I think at the moment, Youri would probably bring in the most money; but I think Soyuncu is the most easy to replace at the moment. But with both Ricardo and Soyuncu, a lot is riding on how they recover from their injuries.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Yep. I think at the moment, Youri would probably bring in the most money; but I think Soyuncu is the most easy to replace at the moment. But with both Ricardo and Soyuncu, a lot is riding on how they recover from their injuries.

I think Soyuncu will sign a new deal, Tielemans possibly too. Ricardo is off in the summer IMO.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Soyuncu will sign a new deal, Tielemans possibly too. Ricardo is off in the summer IMO.

I agree, Ricky is the only one of the 3 who has never had any rumours of a new contract. Also the only one who is at the age where its pretty much now or never for a big move. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The player we sell always seems to sign a new contract around Christmas so we'll probably find out soon.

Edited by AKCJ
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soyuncu photos for his new contract are already done.

And no thats not saying he's signed a new deal before.. yet.. 

Edited by Ashley

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you not think Ricardo's time out injured may inhibit that? If he hadn't been out for so long I'd totally agree. I guess the rumours of looking for left back's may suggest what you say is true. As fine a player as he is he may be one that's worth cashing in on gven his age and how strong the other options at right back currently are.

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Do you not think Ricardo's time out injured may inhibit that? If he hadn't been out for so long I'd totally agree. I guess the rumours of looking for left back's may suggest what you say is true. As fine a player as he is he may be one that's worth cashing in on gven his age and how strong the other options at right back currently are.

Agree completely @Muzzy_Larsson

As someone said on here weeks ago, the injuries which Cags and Ricky have suffered might well have bought us another year for each of them. Ricky will IMO be the one to leave next summer if, and its a big IF, he can play the second half of this season at the level he was at before the injury. 

• Like 1

My hope with blue tinted specs fully on is:

That Rodgers stays for a long time with some sort of continued progression and keeps us around the top 4 with a few cup wins. With players such as Youri wanting to stay and as they enjoy playing for him and the team.

In the real world though another club that can offer silly high wages will be probably enough for him to move on and we will cash in on astronomical high price that we will demand.

Here's to hoping 🙏 

10 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If he returns to form this season I don't see much changing, our only hope of getting him to sign a new deal would be to gamble on him overcoming the injury as being as good as ever and trying to pressure him in to a long term deal before Xmas.

• Like 1

I think that, until you're regularly in Champs League (3 out of every 4 seasons), you'll struggle to keep your top, top players for more than 3 years without some big achievement that binds them together (like a league win). 

I can handle us losing 1-2 players per year but, out of all of them, Youri seems least likely to go tbh. He made the choice to come here from Monaco and he seems to bloody love it. Now, I love the city and county but he must really love it if he's happy to swap to glamour of Monaco for Leicester. Maybe it's High Cross that sold him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Most of the players seem to. I think we've made the club a really good place to be. It's only been Mahrez who has pushed for a move and I don't think it was because he didn't like it, just wanted to play in the Champions League regularly.

In small defence of Mahrez, the club is much further on now. If he were here now, perhaps he might think twice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

One thing we have going for us is that he gives the appearance of loving playing for us. 

I'm probably WAY of the mark here but I could see him seeing out his career here. 

Very level headed lad who has already saw how a move to a big club doesn't always work out well. 

As long as we stay in and around the level we are at in the league and european competition, I could see him being content where he is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm probably WAY of the mark here but I could see him seeing out his career here. 

Very level headed lad who has already saw how a move to a big club doesn't always work out well. 

As long as we stay in and around the level we are at in the league and european competition, I could see him being content where he is. 

I think a lot will hinge on a) European qualification on a regular basis b) Rodgers staying on (those 2 are probably interlinked) and c) our being able to pay him enough to be persuasive

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

PSG have been after ricardo for the last 4 windows and apparently he has been a priority for the last 2, the injury probably stopped him going to them in the summer but i doubt it will stop them this coming summer considering how long theyve held off signing a right back in their chase to sign him in particular.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

PSG have been after ricardo for the last 4 windows and apparently he has been a priority for the last 2, the injury probably stopped him going to them in the summer but i doubt it will stop them this coming summer considering how long theyve held off signing a right back in their chase to sign him in particular.

Have they? Not doubting you, I just wasn't aware of them banging the door down.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
12 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Does anyone know if there is a website that simply counts the minutes players have actually played this season? It would be interesting to see if it includes cups, internationals etc. 

https://www.footballcritic.com/premier-league/season-2020-2021/player-stats/all/minutes-played/2/41756

https://www.footballcritic.com/youri-tielemans/profile/22978

Edited by StevieLynex