Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

8 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Youri is the Drinkwater of 2014/15 - when he plays well we play well. 

Great to see that he's clearly a leader on the pitch, too - something we've not always been blessed with at Leicester.

I think it’s more a case if we play well, he plays well, when we’re shit he goes hiding.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hansifüx said:

sorry, but yes Ndombele is better. Tielemans has some major flaws. He might still improve some of them. E.g., 1. He is slow 2. He is not a good defender, 3. He is not really a goal threat  (I hope he will improve this) 4. He is not good in the air  5. He is not a ball carrier.    He is a pure "distributer and disentangler" and really good at that, and he has strength.  With the right people around him he is very valuable.  He played a great match against the Spurs for sure, but that is one match. How was he against Everton?

Are you actually a Leicester fan?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

Ndombele is a better player than Tielemans though. Spurs were shite yesterday but you wouldn’t say Barnes is better than Son because he was more involved in the game 

You are entitled to your opinion but I believe you are horribly wrong.  I'm not judging on yesterdays game. I'm judging on the last two seasons.

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

Youri plays the game incredibly. Rarely takes more than 2 touches and see's the pitch almost like he's sat in the stands. The only disappointing thing about him so far has been his shooting. I had always thought he was a bit of Gerrard/Lampard in that he had a good finish in him. He's very erratic though, much like Maddison.

I thought we'd be seeing this on a sem- regular basis :D

I have to agree. I remember watching the highlights videos when he signed on loan with us. There were numerous goals, plenty from outside te box. Obviously, in hindsight, they must've included every single one. Ever.

47 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I have to agree. I remember watching the highlights videos when he signed on loan with us. There were numerous goals, plenty from outside te box. Obviously, in hindsight, they must've included every single one. Ever.

scored two long rangers for belgium this year already, fairly sure it is a thing at leicester about us minimising number of long shots we have - explains why we have such high shot conversion rate

• Like 1

Thought he controlled the game well and showed some nice touches and skill. He does well against a side like Utd when Ndidi is there as protection defensively. I like his playmaker role from deep.

Enjoying his performances so far this season :appl:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Genuinely, undisputably world class today. 

One of the best performances I've seen by a midfielder for this club. 

This season he's been brilliant against Man City, Arsenal and Spurs away from hoe, and now brilliant against Man United at home. He did have an off day against Liverpool, but for me he's starting to hit the heights of what he can do because he's shown he can do it against the best clubs. For me he is the best midfielder in the division for what he does - getting the team playing from a deeper possession and if he has an off day, we usually lose.

Just wished I could be there to watch him play, he's a joy to watch.

• Like 2

Do not agree that Tielemans had loads of space today at all. A lot of the time, especially first half, he was under semi pressure and often had to use his body control and an immaculate first touch to end up making things look easy.

Very good performance from him. 

Edited by martyn
  • Like 4