Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

9 hours ago, st albans fox said:

that depends if he wants to stay - the club won’t give him a rise unless he commits for longer. He signed for four years rather than five intentionally.  if he has a plan for his career that has us a ‘stepping stone’ then he may not be bothered about a new deal. 

From what I've read about his position at the club and with his family too and his team position etc then I'd like to offer a 6 year £100'000 + p/w salary with a view to 2 more years here. Hell be in his prime in 2 and a half years and the potential sell on could be astronomical. Its whether that comes with a release clause or not.

• Like 1

Last year i think we saw starting most games in the league cup and every game in the conjested christmas period wore him down. I would like to see maddison+praet start in Europa to prevent the same thing happening this year as we need tielemans on his best form if we hope to challenge for top 6 again and go far in europa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Last year i think we saw starting most games in the league cup and every game in the conjested christmas period wore him down. I would like to see maddison+praet start in Europa to prevent the same thing happening this year as we need tielemans on his best form if we hope to challenge for top 6 again and go far in europa.

I reckon the young uns, will look at Vardy,before they yap about being worn down or feeling somewhat jaded........

but no doubt, we will rotate....!!!

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon the young uns, will look at Vardy,before they yap about being worn down or feeling somewhat jaded........

but no doubt, we will rotate....!!!

I think he did want to play but his decline was quite noticeable and a lot of fans were asking for him to be dropped. Also vardy wasnt playing league cup and doesnt run around as much as he used to, tielemans as a midfielder had a lot more yards to cover that first half of the season than vardy did.

Oh I dont know..!!! Vardy covered some Grass against Man.city...

each player has their own  would be strengths ,and have to build on their weaknesses,Plus  Last season was Tielemans first...in The PL.

Getting up to pace & rythme is different  for each individual...

Edited by fuchsntf

On 26/10/2020 at 08:14, Steve Earle said:

It's how Liverpool and Man City play - if you can't win the ball back in three seconds, foul as high up the pitch as you can and re-set. I don't like it at all, but it's the modern way.

Like most of these things in football the referees set the definitions in which the players play. A counter attack in its early phase can be just as dangerous as one which has just reached an opponents half, there should be more yellows to Liverpool & Man City particularly for stopping counters.

But it's just as annoying seeing players pick the ball up & run off with it so their team can reshape when they've just given a free-kick away.

Just as with diving all of these situations would be fixed if the refs just gave out yellows for blatantly obstructing the game.

On 26/10/2020 at 12:07, AKCJ said:

In my search for the fancy camera perspecive I found this. It's no commentary with the sounds of the players.

https://streamable.com/4vvxef

You can hear Vardy scream "CENGO" before the cross.

Link's dead. I missed it. Anyone have a mirror/copy?

• Like 3

Does anyone remember Chariots of Fire? The sprinter fella, when his head goes back he finds an extra gear. Youri's head also goes back, but then it's like he is running through treacle. :D

He is looking a bit leaner this year, and ran the full 90 against the Arse, but he is still sweating buckets through the game, like a player in pre-season.

Given he delivered in the 80th minute with that sublime through ball, this is a badly timed post, but he needs to lose the chubby cheeks if he really wants to be world class. Imho.

10 hours ago, Jaspa said:

But it's just as annoying seeing players pick the ball up & run off with it so their team can reshape when they've just given a free-kick away.

More and more teams are doing this against teams like ourselves who can counter quickly. Villa was a good example.

It was particularly infuriating when Grealish hauled back one of our players breaking from outside our own box. The free kick was given but no mention was made of him also picking up the ball and running off with it. It was a double whammy preventing an attacking opportunity. A yellow card in my opinion.

Even more galling when you consider the slight contact Grealish often goes down under, earning free kicks and yellow cards!

5 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Does anyone remember Chariots of Fire? The sprinter fella, when his head goes back he finds an extra gear. Youri's head also goes back, but then it's like he is running through treacle. :D

He is looking a bit leaner this year, and ran the full 90 against the Arse, but he is still sweating buckets through the game, like a player in pre-season.

Given he delivered in the 80th minute with that sublime through ball, this is a badly timed post, but he needs to lose the chubby cheeks if he really wants to be world class. Imho.

I think that's just how he is.   The trainers will monitor his fitness and aerobic capacity. I think sweating is triggered by hyperthalamus and will not be controllable or changeable.  ... ask prince Andrew 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I think that's just how he is.   The trainers will monitor his fitness and aerobic capacity. I think sweating is triggered by hyperthalamus and will not be controllable or changeable.  ... ask prince Andrew 

The fitter I am, the less I sweat, but I can see that we are all slightly different physiologically. Especially Prince Andrew...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

The fitter I am, the less I sweat, but I can see that we are all slightly different physiologically. Especially Prince Andrew...

not just physiologically - he is an "ideas machine"  ( the problems is that his ideas are a bit duff)

• Haha 1

On 26/10/2020 at 12:15, brookfox said:

Funniest thing about the clip is that they still have the announcer! Most pointless job since the person who fits indicators to BMWs.

Fook off! :mad: I always indicate! :huh:

23 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Like most of these things in football the referees set the definitions in which the players play. A counter attack in its early phase can be just as dangerous as one which has just reached an opponents half, there should be more yellows to Liverpool & Man City particularly for stopping counters.

Just as with diving all of these situations would be fixed if the refs just gave out yellows for blatantly obstructing the game.

Link's dead. I missed it. Anyone have a mirror/copy?

Bump

Seems to be in some hot form right now. A lot of moves and forward play flows through Youri, even if he's sitting deeper.

He somehow manages to complete 90 mins despite still looking absolutely shattered. 

Loves to dominate midfields. Nice for him to get amongst the goals  as well. Capped a good performance.