Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, majaco said:

There is a thread questioning whether Leicester fans are becoming entitled.

If people think Tielemans is not good enough then yes, Leicester fans have become entitled.  Tielemans is one of our best ever.

..yes he can be, sometimes he looks like a pub player!!!

Not being entitled, calling it as it is. I have said it before.

• Haha 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/youri-tielemans-leicester-city-transfer-4783854

Interesting agent talk, looking for a new contract maybe? "he likes to win prizes and that happens at a top club" :thumbdown:

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I personally think his inconsistency is over exaggerated on here. A lot of the times he gets slated for having quieter performances, there's just absolutely **** all moving in front of him to find. 

A midfielder is only as good as the options around him. Moreover, his real strength is less carving out inch perfect, eye catching through balls (as good as those are when he pulls them off) and more just holding a good general grasp on the game. 

I remember saying it a lot last year and I stand by it, YT at 60% is still by far our best midfielder and one of the most important people on the pitch. We're so much worse off without him because he just controls everything.

Often that kinda work is a little boring and low profile but it's vital. 

I agree to extent as you can see when he's with Belgium, the reigns are off a bit and he can drive forward. 

I think one of the image things which holds back people's opinion of him is the absolute lack of acceleration, or certainly how it looks. As fans observing we don't see the pace of the game, more so we compare the pace of the players. The West Ham goal which made social media - it's about the 70th minute, Fornals has played on the wing - a lot less intense in a counter-attack situation can probably still clock a decent speed v Tielemans, played CM - burdening the threat to create a chance a 2-0 down. 

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I agree to extent as you can see when he's with Belgium, the reigns are off a bit and he can drive forward. 

I think one of the image things which holds back people's opinion of him is the absolute lack of acceleration, or certainly how it looks. As fans observing we don't see the pace of the game, more so we compare the pace of the players. The West Ham goal which made social media - it's about the 70th minute, Fornals has played on the wing - a lot less intense in a counter-attack situation can probably still clock a decent speed v Tielemans, played CM - burdening the threat to create a chance a 2-0 down. 

I don't that anyone has an issue with his pace. Some of the best midfielders in history weren't that fast. Some weren't fast att all. Being a good midfielder requires you to have good stamina as you to cover a lot of area, but not speed. Xavi, Pirlo, Xavi Alonso, Iniesta are great examples of that

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

He was absolutely brilliant yesterday I thought. Nothing flashy but finds space so well and is always available for a pass. His movement was outstanding yesterday.

As @Mawuli says, shame he blazed that chance over the bar, that was a shocking effort 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

He was absolutely brilliant yesterday I thought. Nothing flashy but finds space so well and is always available for a pass. His movement was outstanding yesterday.

As @Mawuli says, shame he blazed that chance over the bar, that was a shocking effort 

Absolutely terrific player. His movement isn't always the quickest but his football brain operates at a different speed to most other players in our squad. He's one of our players who can open up the opponents defence and players like that are hard to find.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Absolutely terrific player. His movement isn't always the quickest but his football brain operates at a different speed to most other players in our squad. He's one of our players who can open up the opponents defence and players like that are hard to find.

I'm out of reps but totally agree. Look at the two guys he was up against, Sissoko and Hjobjerg; Youri has ten times the football intelligence of those two put together. Neither could get anywhere near him.

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I'm out of reps but totally agree. Look at the two guys he was up against, Sissoko and Hjobjerg; Youri has ten times the football intelligence of those two put together. Neither could get anywhere near him.

I think a better comparison would be with Ndombele, similar price/position/hype.  Contrast between the two was huge

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I think a better comparison would be with Ndombele, similar price/position/hype.  Contrast between the two was huge

Agreed although wasn't Ndombele getting on for £65m whereas Youri was £40m? That's a huge difference. Makes the contrast even more stark. Youri is in a different league.

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Agreed although wasn't Ndombele getting on for £65m whereas Youri was £40m? That's a huge difference. Makes the contrast even more stark. Youri is in a different league.

Youri was more like 30-32million if I recall? Sure I Remember that being dropped from a reliable source. 

5 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Jesus I didn't realise he was that expensive. That's a huge chunk to blow on a player that hasn't worked.

As another poster mentioned, Youri was around £32m, so around half of Ndombele. The contrast was night and day.