Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

27 minutes ago, mad biker said:

What someone is worth is only relevant if they are for sale.

But everyone is for sale at the right price MB 

He is young enough to decide to stay here for a few more years - he seems one of those players who would be telling his agent what he wants to do rather than the other way around .....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Say all you want about Youri wanting to play every game, he was clearly spent at the end of last season.  If we don't rotate the squad now we'll pay for it later.

Well the thing with this is that Rodgers has said that Youri is a “rhythm” player and benefits from playing regularly as it helps his consistency, and the big difference this season compared to last is that now Youri is playing at a high level in almost every game. 

Still your point stands and he will need a rest, but perhaps Rodgers will give him 2-3 weeks out of the team in January time? Vardy has been managed like this frequently, even if it usually is the result of a small knock. But with the team absolutely flying at the moment and a long injury list I don’t see him getting a rest till Ndidi is back. 

• Like 1

I guess there’s an argument that last year he tailed off towards the end not necessarily due to fatigue because of the season but potentially due to the Covid break as he was effectively going from scratch, and not in the rhythm. 

So maybe he does need to play rather than be rested in order to keep his fitness up. 

• Like 2

He's getting better and better with every game, so much so that he's overshadowing De Bruyne in the Belgian midfield. We need him to keep playing, especially in the Premier League.

Having said that, maybe we could get away with resting him for the final two Europa League games providing we can get a win at Braga before then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

2 years on his deal come seasons end. 60m ish probably. Hopefully we'll get at least another season after this one out of him. I'm hopeful he's one that will stay a bit longer.

I don't have anything to base it on but I get the impression he's one of those rare loyal players. I think that he thinks that he owes us and wants to see a project through. 

He was having a bit of a mare at Monaco and we brought him here and almost gave him a renewed opportunity. Remember his interview when he said that it was always Leicester that he wanted to come back to after his loan had finished. So fingers crossed a new deal soon and a few more years from him yet. 

Of course if he carries on improving that could get the attention of one of the big boys, but I can't see him leaving for the likes of Arsenal or Man U if the current state of English football remains the same over the next few years. 

• Like 1

I actually think him seeing how much he struggled towards the end of last season fitness wise is going to turn out to be a benefit. 

Despite the short turnaround for pre season, he's looked leaner and stronger since game one.

He was one of those Rooney types where you couldn't quite tell if he struggled with weight or it's just his build... but he genuinely looks to have shifted weight this season so I think maybe it was a bit of a wake up call for him. 

Staying injury free and playing game after game will help with that too, as there's no time to lose focus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxes96 said:

I guess there’s an argument that last year he tailed off towards the end not necessarily due to fatigue because of the season but potentially due to the Covid break as he was effectively going from scratch, and not in the rhythm. 

So maybe he does need to play rather than be rested in order to keep his fitness up. 

Youri barely played towards the end at Monaco but immediately hit the ground running here. I'm not sure Rodgers argument holds up because of that, but I'm sure he knows more than we do :dunno:

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Youri barely played towards the end at Monaco but immediately hit the ground running here. I'm not sure Rodgers argument holds up because of that, but I'm sure he knows more than we do :dunno:

New club bounce can attribute for a lot. Having worked with the player for almost two years now I'd trust Rodgers judgement on this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brucey said:

Tielemans played a lot for Monaco, even when seemingly under pressure and being reported to be surplus to requirements.

5 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Does anyone know if there is a website that simply counts the minutes players have actually played this season? It would be interesting to see if it includes cups, internationals etc. 

Transfer market 

1C96645E-987C-45B4-B930-CCB189DB3F5E.png

01CA5BC8-4610-4C5E-BFAA-7F477AA0C3DF.png

BF183012-37F8-4EFF-B905-7D82A4D7449A.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

He’s an amazing player on his day, and he’s having more of those days now. New contract would be good. He’ll probably go for £80 million eventually. 

When he signed, it was only four 4 years, not 5 -- he noticed the strength of King Power's claws.

Right now, he is probably leading the race for the "one big sale each summer" jackpot. We can get good money with 2 years on his contract, less with one.

My guess is he will sign a new contract if we get CL this year. He wants to be on that stage, but I think he'd be happy to do it as a Fox.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Does anyone know if there is a website that simply counts the minutes players have actually played this season? It would be interesting to see if it includes cups, internationals etc. 

Presuming he plays 90 on Sunday he will have played 1448 minutes of competitive football in the 10 weeks since the start of the season. Works out at 2 hours 25 minutes worth of game time every week. 

• Thanks 1

He seems to have taken his game to another level this season.  Has shown flashes of brilliance and spells of half a dozen games previously but seems to be one of or top man every game this season.  Man of the match in the last 2 Belgian games too.  

Maybe I am looking through Blue tinted glasses but the squad as a whole seems better balanced this season and I think it will stay the course a lot better, especially when we get the injured players back.  We seem to have devoloped more than one way of playing which makes us a much bigger threat than last season where we looked clueless after the Man City and Liverpool tonkings.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

He seems to have taken his game to another level this season.  Has shown flashes of brilliance and spells of half a dozen games previously but seems to be one of or top man every game this season.  Man of the match in the last 2 Belgian games too.  

Maybe I am looking through Blue tinted glasses but the squad as a whole seems better balanced this season and I think it will stay the course a lot better, especially when we get the injured players back.  We seem to have devoloped more than one way of playing which makes us a much bigger threat than last season where we looked clueless after the Man City and Liverpool tonkings.

I think a big part of that is the mental side. 
Dropping out of CL places last season would have crushed them and personally I think mentally they’ve upped a gear. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

When he signed, it was only four 4 years, not 5 -- he noticed the strength of King Power's claws.

Right now, he is probably leading the race for the "one big sale each summer" jackpot. We can get good money with 2 years on his contract, less with one.

My guess is he will sign a new contract if we get CL this year. He wants to be on that stage, but I think he'd be happy to do it as a Fox.

The problem we have is come the summer we have Ricardo, Soyuncu and Tielemans all with only 2 years left and Iheanacho with 1 year left. I don't see us allowing Ricardo to run his contract down to just a year given he is now in his mid to late twenties. But we probably cannot afford to sell more than 1 asset next summer without risking tipping the balance in the favour of the opposition.

We badly need CL to pay for the increase in wages to our successful players, thats one of the reasons why it makes sense to sell a high earner at maximum value and reinvest with younger players.

• Like 2