Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

56 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

For sure and has been raised and discussed for a while. Madders is such a ball hogger such that when Madders was also sitting deeper Tielemans got much less of the ball and control of the midfield. I know people like Madders but these are little things that people also need to be aware of that make or break team chemistry. If Madders can produce the sort of precision long through balls like Tielemans can regularly dish up (eg. find me an example where Madders made a pass like Tielemans made to Under at Arsenal - answer: none), then it is all good. But because Madders cannot do that, yet he hogs the ball, it means the team suffers because the guy that can is not being allowed as much freedom to do that. So to me, Madders cannot play next to Tielemans in that deep midfield role unless Madders change style and can quickly lay it off like Mendy does when he goes into that deeper territory. (Yet, when he gets down there, does a few nice turns and looking good, people applaud him for being “creative” (still not sure where this label first came from) instead of seeing through it to the downside of that which is that often playing quick / simple passes is better like Mendy and Praet do).

Maddison's outside the boot through balls are ridiculously good tbh, the one against sheffield united was mentioned but there was also one against crystal palace (i think) a while back to vardy that was absolutely incredible and deserved to result in a goal, which i would personally rate above the tielemans pass just because of how it had to curve perfectly into vardy's feet as there were defenders close on each side of him, whereas the tielemans one had a lot more room for error. So there are a few examples of maddison having a killer final pass at a similar level to tielemans.

Edited by honeybradger

1 hour ago, Tom12345 said:

I think BR is more saying that Tielemans is more unique in the team compared to others such that he is less replaceable/rotable in his role at the minute, though I think Praet or even KDH can play that role. Madders as has been well discussed is better suited further up the pitch.

Which I completely agree with BR on. We will need to find a way to rest him at some point though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Maddison's outside the boot through balls are ridiculously good tbh, the one against sheffield united was mentioned but there was also one against crystal palace (i think) a while back to vardy that was absolutely incredible and deserved to result in a goal, which i would personally rate above the tielemans pass just because of how it had to curve perfectly into vardy's feet as there were defenders close on each side of him, whereas the tielemans one had a lot more room for error. So there are a few examples of maddison having a killer final pass at a similar level to tielemans.

That pass from Madders away at Palace was class but it was a tight angle for Vards and a game we were in control of. I’d also argue he had room for error and over hit it a little bit which caused Vards a little wider.

That Tielemens one was perfect. A tough away game we had held firm but barely created, 1 touch, ping. Absolutely on the money, huge pass in a huge moment to win 2 extra points. Fantastic, only a handful of players in Premier league football could produce that.

If that ball was made by Kevin De Bruyne , they would talk about it for an hour on sky sports whilst knocking one out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Which I completely agree with BR on. We will need to find a way to rest him at some point though.

Rest him after Fulham to sheffield Utd. Don’t even let him travel to Ukraine. Long rest for him then leave him out vs Athens too. He’ll be key for us so 2 good opportunities to rest him.

On 05/11/2020 at 17:24, StriderHiryu said:

giphy.gif

Absolute banger!

Let me tell you, you were not alone in thinking that. Look at the reaction of some of the fans, they don't celebrate till it's gone in because no-one was expecting a goal like that! I thought he was playing a terribly overhit through ball and had wasted good quality possession in midfield. :whistle:

If you look closely enough you can just pick me out in this gif. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Lovely couple of tackle/blocks right at the death, still doing the dirty work. That impressed me.

And still running and taking on a defender to win a valuable free kick in their half. 

The guy just never stops! Brilliant player. 

• Like 2

When he was on loan here, he really was an attacking midfielder setting up chances and getting into goal scoring positions but he has improved his game to be a box to box midfielder with the ability to start attacks from deep and in and around the box. Sensational player and one who imo will be one of the best in his position for years to come. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think he will want more than that .....there won’t be any shortage of big six clubs willing to pay him six figures and his current deal is only four years ....

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Probably already on that. Will have to be £120k+ I'd have thought

Maddison is on 120 isn't he?

Could easily be 100+, just depends on what he's currently on.

1 hour ago, brookfox said:

Randomly found this scout report from when Youri was 16. No idea how well know he was then but the guy called it... “potential world class”!

https://forum.soccermanager.com/topic/137923-youri-tielemans/

Him and Praet were both hyped as future world stars when they were kids from what i gather. We got them when their stock had faded somewhat (which is what we are so good at in the transfer market - taking players on their downward trajectory and revitisilising them).

Praet won the "Belgium Golden Shoe" for best player in the Belgium league award - the equivalent of their PFA Player the Year award - when he was only 20 years old and Tielemans won the "Talent of the Year" award in Belgium - the equivalent of the PFA Player of the Year award twice aged 16 and 17.

In fact, in 2014, Praet won the equivalent of PFA Player of the Year award and Tielemans won the equivilent of PFA Young Player of the Year award in the same season. Which is pretty cool.

• Like 3