Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Agreed. Game changer and this is the quality we've wanted to see consistently from him. He's delivering this season. 

Playing deeper suits him as he can dictate play when he gets the ball from centre backs or wing backs. He's ace at finding the gaps and channels to feed balls in to. 

That ball for Vardy to lead to the goal was great. Many others over hit that or don't keep it in play. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Agreed. Game changer and this is the quality we've wanted to see consistently from him. He's delivering this season. 

Playing deeper suits him as he can dictate play when he gets the ball from centre backs or wing backs. He's ace at finding the gaps and channels to feed balls in to. 

That ball for Vardy to lead to the goal was great. Many others over hit that or don't keep it in play. 

He also played that left footed as he was riding a challenge and next to the touchline. Really impressive stuff.

It was funny seeing his face after Schmeichel gave him a bollocking for not being able to get back to his man for their third goal! Though that was a Fofana mistake not on Tielemans. 

He won the ball on the touchline on the right mid way through the 2nd half which showed how quick his brain is when in some situations his lack of pace can hinder him.

I was suspicious of him playing a deeper role as the fact he isn't rapid and therefore can't join attacks as freely as other central midfielders means we are losing out on some goals and assists from him but if he becomes a more integral and influential player for us then so be it, he is the fulcrum of our team and I want him to be captain and given the same if not more than Maddison on a new 5 year deal.

• Like 2

Funny how he played deep last year and people said it didn’t suit him and needed a free role. Now he’s playing well in the same role it’s ‘ great we’re playing him in his preferred role’. He’s always been a classy footballer and I’ve always liked him good or bad. Because you know he’s a top footballer. I remember him misplacing every pass in the league semi final last season and thinking what the hells going on. Simply because you know he’s a top footballer. He’s got that consistency now. He’s playing more like Kevin De Bruyne even more than Kevin De Bruyne is this season. So many quality passes!!

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

Can't believe there have been no posts in here after last night's performance, completely changed our fortunes.

Its like he has 5 more seconds on the ball, compared to anybody else and is really starting to dictate play.

Him and Maddison showed last night that they are a class above. 

I think the last two games have shown how important Youri is for us. He was poor against Liverpool and we struggled as a team and last night, in the 1st half, we missed him; highlighted by our improvement in the 2nd half.

4 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

What happens when teams nullify him?

We lose the game, as evidenced against West Ham, Villa and Liverpool.

That's aimed more as a dig at the rest of our team rather than him. I think Tielemans has had one true stinker this season, which was the West Ham game, generally he's been exceptional. I think he'd be in the Premier League team of the season if it stopped now. But if he plays badly, or teams stop him from playing, it's like all our creativity evaporates. 

Maddison showed yesterday that he can change the game too, but to get to the next level we need more players that can do it. Ricardo can do it, Barnes sometimes can, Praet sometimes can. Under looks like he could do it, but had a really hit and miss game last night. Vardy puts the ball in the back of the net, but needs service to do it. It was telling though that Vardy scored an offside goal from a Tielemans through-ball, and the winner came from being found by the same player.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KingsX said:

From a Tanner piece on Youri in the Athletic today:

Of all the midfielders in the Premier League this season, he is in the top five for passes attempted, successful passes, passes into the final third, interceptions, recoveries and possession won in the final third.

Wow that’s some going but he has played every game.

He’s our guy when need to dictate games but he needs players who can receive the ball well and willing runners. He’ll find them most of the time.

Maddison looked like he had a point to prove as did Tielemans! Hope the Liverpool game has given them a kick up the arse and perform at that level more often.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We lose the game, as evidenced against West Ham, Villa and Liverpool.

That's aimed more as a dig at the rest of our team rather than him. I think Tielemans has had one true stinker this season, which was the West Ham game, generally he's been exceptional. I think he'd be in the Premier League team of the season if it stopped now. But if he plays badly, or teams stop him from playing, it's like all our creativity evaporates. 

Maddison showed yesterday that he can change the game too, but to get to the next level we need more players that can do it. Ricardo can do it, Barnes sometimes can, Praet sometimes can. Under looks like he could do it, but had a really hit and miss game last night. Vardy puts the ball in the back of the net, but needs service to do it. It was telling though that Vardy scored an offside goal from a Tielemans through-ball, and the winner came from being found by the same player.

I think the new formation as well as injuries to other key players puts more emphasis on Tielemans. In a midfield 2 paired with mendy he's a lot more important to us progressing the ball up the pitch and dictating the play but in the 4141 with maddison last year tielemans had multiple meh/poor games in the first half of the season where maddison took some of the burden off of him and we still ended up playing decent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

What happens when teams nullify him?

Others need to step up.we are missing g so e of our top players still.  If we have our best squad , with 11 of our best players selected to suit tactical decisions...

Klopp won  a tactical battle v Rodgers before losing 2-0 to Atalanta.  Perhaps if N'didi, Ricardo, Castagne and Soyuncu had been available, we would have set up differently.  

We have several top, top players but a out half of them have been missing.  Tielemans was quiet again st Liverpool who  o  that occasion  dealt more successfully with having some of their top players missing.

• 2 weeks later...

Goes from sublime to sloppy all game every game.

When he was on loan from Monaco I felt he was too good for us but now he is a proper leicester player, sometimes good sometimes bad but the difference is even when bad he can still do something good.

Good grief

My bad

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

When he was on loan from Monaco I felt he was too good for us but now he is a proper leicester player, sometimes good sometimes bad but the difference is even when bad he can still do something good.

Good grief

My bad

I think he was just very exhausted today. Around the 60th minutes you could see that he is barely carrying himself and still he was one of the best on the pitch. Unless BR willing to let him rest  and let Pratt take his spot which I think he should, every once in awhile, we will see him make those mistakes more often than not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

Good grief

My bad

Leicester in a nutshell

Edited by moore_94