Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Shouldn't be on that much yet IMO. £100k

I think for an extra £1.5m a year it was worth paying to keep a player like Maddison. 

It saves the gamble of trying to replace him when we probably would’ve struggled to match his talent or upgrade on him. 

Also drives the price up should someone come sniffing this summer.

21 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

You have to pay players in line with their value. Maddison could earn £150k elsewhere. 

Vardy could have earnt 300k a week elsewhere and we've never paid him more than 140k a week. He's won us titles, golden boots and carried this club on his back at times. Up until the last month or so Maddison had gone nearly a year without any consistency and there were absolutely no genuine transfer links last summer for him.

Yes, many of our players could earn more elsewhere and the most talented should be rewarded where possible but I wouldn't have made Maddison our 2nd highest earner yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Vardy could have earnt 300k a week elsewhere and we've never paid him more than 140k a week. He's won us titles, golden boots and carried this club on his back at times. Up until the last month or so Maddison had gone nearly a year without any consistency and there were absolutely no genuine transfer links last summer for him.

Yes, many of our players could earn more elsewhere and the most talented should be rewarded where possible but I wouldn't have made Maddison our 2nd highest earner yet. 

I love vardy, but who the hell is paying him £300k p/w lol (considering his age) he pretty much committed his future to City after the contract at the end of 15/16. 

im not saying Maddison deserves to be earning £150k p/w, but in line with what he could earn at another club + his value, I could see his representatives demanding in that range. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It’s as much about timing as anything else. I imagine that there will be a few up there with him as contracts come closer to expiring. 

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I love vardy, but who the hell is paying him £300k p/w lol (considering his age) he pretty much committed his future to City after the contract at the end of 15/16. 

im not saying Maddison deserves to be earning £150k p/w, but in line with what he could earn at another club + his value, I could see his representatives demanding in that range. 

Presume he means when Arsenal came calling for him that same summer, but I don't remember reading the numbers being offered.

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

17 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Presume he means when Arsenal came calling for him that same summer, but I don't remember reading the numbers being offered.

Haha I'm just being a bit facetious in the sense that Vardy is every bit as good as Aubameyang, Kane and Aguero and they'll all be on something daft like that. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Oddly, I thought he wasn't all that effective today (these things are all relative, you understand).

I thought he was the pick of the bunch for us. Controlled the centre of the pitch, unfortunately we didn’t have quite enough ahead of him to break them down. They looked a very well drilled and disciplined defensive unit; and they have good wide players, but I thought we won the battle in centre mid.

It wasn’t a classic by any stretch, but I found it quite an absorbing contest (would have been a fantastic result if we’d nicked at the end).

We definitely miss Wilf’s presence and drive in the middle of the pitch; I think we might have overrun them if he was playing.

• Thanks 2

On 07/02/2021 at 19:19, Kevin Russell said:

I thought he was the pick of the bunch for us. Controlled the centre of the pitch, unfortunately we didn’t have quite enough ahead of him to break them down. They looked a very well drilled and disciplined defensive unit; and they have good wide players, but I thought we won the battle in centre mid.

It wasn’t a classic by any stretch, but I found it quite an absorbing contest (would have been a fantastic result if we’d nicked at the end).

We definitely miss Wilf’s presence and drive in the middle of the pitch; I think we might have overrun them if he was playing.

Spot on

It was never gonna be an easy game and Tielemans was the pick of our bunch imo

• Like 1

On 07/02/2021 at 12:26, OhYesNdidi said:

It's grim isn't it that representatives (agents) can 'demand', and probably will, a pay rise whilst their client signed a contract in good faith(?) with an employer. Not saying that Madders is the type to do that (not Mahrez style) or if another club would offer that sort of contract but its always a concern especially when rubbing shoulders with England International buddies. 

Modern football is rubbish. 

28 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

It's grim isn't it that representatives (agents) can 'demand', and probably will, a pay rise whilst their client signed a contract in good faith(?) with an employer. Not saying that Madders is the type to do that (not Mahrez style) or if another club would offer that sort of contract but its always a concern especially when rubbing shoulders with England International buddies. 

Modern football is rubbish. 

I agree. It’s a cut throat world of mega money at the top, and not much at all at the bottom. 
The money the top players get paid is obscene. It’s ridiculous. 
eg For Arsenal to still be paying Mezut fookin Ozil a reported 350k per week, to not even be in the squad is utterly utterly barmy. 
Just imagine it.... not far off a million quid every MONTH to not even be playing at all!

Only top flight football can have set itself up to do this. It wouldn’t happen anywhere else I don’t imagine.

Now with VAR and all the nonsense around that and of course, Covid and no crowds at games, it’s not the best era for following football. 
I pity the fans who consider footballers ‘heroes’. They aren’t at all. They are good at what they do, get paid ludicrous money for doing it and will be off to the next highest bidder as soon as their agent tells them too

The main reason I love Vardy (apart from his goals) is because he chose to stay at Leicester despite the promise of huge money at Arsenal. He knew he was pretty much top dog here, his family were settled, so he stayed. 
But Vardy is very much the exception 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

eg For Arsenal to still be paying Mezut fookin Ozil a reported 350k per week, to not even be in the squad is utterly utterly barmy. 
Just imagine it.... not far off a million quid every MONTH to not even be playing at all!

Glad you're noy in charge of finances Col.

350k a week is 1.516 million per month.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1