Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Current deal ends in June 2023 he will be 26yrs old smack in his prime, it is going to take an awful lot to see him sign a new longterm deal without buyout clauses etc.

He's going to be walking into the top top sides without a doubt & i think we will need all sort of clauses in but unlike the silly EU type 1s where yeah you can have him if you pay 250m we'll end up having to put it something like 80m otherwise he wouldn't sign but thats what we will have to do or sell him for max profit this summer but again with the year footballs had would anyone be topping the 100m mark for a player?

Sadly when we lose him & i think we will lose him it'll be for lot less than his actual worth, unless of course we win the league, both cups & give him the keys to the city.

Most likely I can see him being probably our highest paid player, or at least close to or on par with Vardy at about £150k a week

No doubt the club will do whatever they can to make sure a buyout clause isn't included as we haven't allowed them since Kante

I suspect we do gentlemen's agreements  now as we have seemingly done with Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. And presumably Maddison. 

Sign the contract and if teams a, b or c approach us and offer a fair price, we won't  stand in your way. 

You need to earn truck loads of trust for those sort of deals to be struck....and our track record of fairness with Chilwell etc actually helps that position 

• Like 3

Not that I've met the man but he seems very level headed - 2 kids and wanted a club to settle at for a period. We should lean on this in contract negotiations as we do have a reputation of a family club etc. He seems to like it here; couple of years and put a huge deal under his nose. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-want-to-reward-player-with-improved-contract-claim-new-deal-is-to-scare-off-other-clubs/

Leicester want to ‘reward’ player with ‘improved’ contract – Claim new deal is to ‘scare off’ other clubs

Leicester City initially took Youri Tielemans on loan from AS Monaco in January 2019 before making his transfer permanent in the summer of that year.

The 23-year-old became the Foxes’ club-record signing after they paid an estimated fee of £40m. He was then offered a four-year contract and his current deal runs down in 2023.

According to Het Laatste Nieuws, the Belgium international has ‘blossomed’ at the English club after a ‘bumpy’ ride at the Ligue 1 side. In addition to this, he is now ‘having a great time’ at the King Power Stadium.

The player has been in the spotlight as Brendan Rodgers’ ‘midfield liaison man’ in recent months.

Tielemans has five goals and two assists in 22 league appearances, and his fine form has drawn attention from other clubs.

It’s claimed those in charge at Leicester want to ‘reward’ the player by offering him an ‘improved’ contract and this is also to ‘scare off interested parties’.

The English club want to establish themselves as a top six side in the league and HLN add Leicester ‘are reinforcing that ambition with the opening of a state-of-the-art training complex’.

It’ll also be important for them to retain their stars and trying to extend Tielemans’ contract is a step in that direction.

Give him whatever he wants! He's the reason we've stepped up so much this season, he's proved he can run the game even against big teams like Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Man U, etc. For me he's the best all round midfielder in the Premier League. Yes there are better attacking ones and better defensive ones, but Youri is pretty good at everything and most importantly of all, has the ability to dictate the game from deep and make us tick. 

If we keep our current team together for a few seasons we can genuinely challenge for the title. It will be interesting to see if they let anyone go in the summer... I get the feeling Castagne might have been signed with one eye on Ricardo going, but if we kept the lot of them and add another forward player or two, we'd have a chance IMO. And Tielemans is one of the key reasons why.

• Like 3

Its about time really for a new contract for him is dealt with. 

I'm going out on a limb here and I think he'll get a 5-6 yrs contract @ £150-£170k p/w. I also think he'll take the captaincy too. 

I have never seen any body laungage, or press quotes, or negativity in training videos etc to make me believe that he would leave us but instead remain here for the remainder of his career. I remember when he joined, just before, saying that he wanted to really settle down with his family and not to "move around" too much. Given everything, I think he'll stay and become another foxes legend. I hope so.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Its about time really for a new contract for him is dealt with. 

I'm going out on a limb here and I think he'll get a 5-6 yrs contract @ £150-£170k p/w. I also think he'll take the captaincy too. 

I have never seen any body laungage, or press quotes, or negativity in training videos etc to make me believe that he would leave us but instead remain here for the remainder of his career. I remember when he joined, just before, saying that he wanted to really settle down with his family and not to "move around" too much. Given everything, I think he'll stay and become another foxes legend. I hope so.

Dont think Kasper would be happy if you give him the armband. 

Youri vice captain with a view to leading the side in a couple of years. Happy for him to be joint highest paid and he is currently phenomenal, but I think some people are getting carried away. Wilf is just as important, for example. Little Wes and Barnes might be there soon. Half a dozen are already heftily paid. We can't have a squad of 15 players on £150k p/w and Youri looked pretty mediocre 6 months ago.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'd actually risk pissing Kasper off. Tielemans is now the main man at this club behind Vardy.

Can't see Youri thinking that having the armband officially would make or break his decision to stay. He's already been a main member of the leadership group since shortly after he joined us, and is already effectively the leader on the pitch. If he stays, he'll be vice captain until Kasper leaves.

He said the 'sign him up' chants influenced his decision last time... What we really need is the fans back to sing his starman song + 'we want you to stay' at him.

• Like 2

Taking the armband off a club legend and giving it to a player so that he'll have more reason to stay is tinpot, what if he leaves anyway, thankfully rodgers will never do it. Tielemans is a fantastic player but there's no reason to take the armband off kasper who has been a loyal servant to this club for almost a decade, real leaders, which apparently tielemans is, dont need the armband anyway.

The leadership group until the summer was Morgan, Schmeichel, Vardy, Evans, Tielemans, Chilwell - and in that order too.

I *think* (not 100%) that Maddison took Chilwell's spot, and Rodgers meets with the six as a group fairly regularly. The idea is that he has two younger players there to better connect with the feelings and concerns of the younger group of players in the squad.

It will be Schmeichel as captain and Vardy as vice-captain. It's such a ceremonial thing to give someone the armband that they are not going to create a potential PR disaster by taking it off the next man in line.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I suspect we do gentlemen's agreements  now as we have seemingly done with Mahrez, Maguire and Chilwell. And presumably Maddison. 

Sign the contract and if teams a, b or c approach us and offer a fair price, we won't  stand in your way. 

You need to earn truck loads of trust for those sort of deals to be struck....and our track record of fairness with Chilwell etc actually helps that position 

"Gentlemen's agreements".

I'm sure Mahrez would say a "gentlemen's agreement" isn't worth the paper it hasn't been written on. :D