Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

I think one of the reasons he signed a permanent deal was the appreciation of his abilities shown by fans at KP during loan spell. It's a pity he can't associate with fans in the same way now as it would be that little bit easier to get a new deal signed. Nevertheless, I am hopeful he will, particularly  given the progress City have built in building a squad that can seriously challenge for honours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Give him whatever he wants! He's the reason we've stepped up so much this season, he's proved he can run the game even against big teams like Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Man U, etc. For me he's the best all round midfielder in the Premier League. Yes there are better attacking ones and better defensive ones, but Youri is pretty good at everything and most importantly of all, has the ability to dictate the game from deep and make us tick. 

If we keep our current team together for a few seasons we can genuinely challenge for the title. It will be interesting to see if they let anyone go in the summer... I get the feeling Castagne might have been signed with one eye on Ricardo going, but if we kept the lot of them and add another forward player or two, we'd have a chance IMO. And Tielemans is one of the key reasons why.

I feel he's much improved defensively this season, he's always been real quality on the ball but there is much more tackling and energy about his game this season. It's a real asset to have a player like him in a midfield two who can help out Ndidi but to run the show and play the quarterback roles as well.

He looked genuine world class on loan and didn't hit the heights in his first season here as a signed up Leicester player but he has kicked on again this season to his loan level with more responsibility, such a clever player who reads the game expertly.

It does seem only 5 minutes since he signed and here we are with him in the pivotal stage of his contract with only two years left in the summer. It's a problem for a club like ours that we struggle to get the top young players to sign 5 year deals, Maddison was another who signed for 4 years. They still don't want to be trapped here if bigger clubs come calling.

43 minutes ago, Gerard said:

"Gentlemen's agreements".

I'm sure Mahrez would say a "gentlemen's agreement" isn't worth the paper it hasn't been written on. :D

Yes but nobody bid for him. When man city eventually came up with an offer, 20m below his ideal value but reasonable nonetheless, we let him go

He's been excellent for us despite a slow start he's really grabbed hold of our midfield driving things forward  He's so much stronger this season that he's ready for the challenges when they come.

I just wish he was 4 to 6 inches taller. I'd love another Midfielder in there with him and . Someone who is big and with real pace. Youri could play the free role and support the front without having to worry about what's going on behind him. 

But I guess we can't have everything.

Guest StevieLynex
3 hours ago, weller54 said:

A Blankity Blank cheque book and pen?😂

Will be playing in the super match  game?

11 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

If he plays we play. Stop Youri and you stop us. 

It’s impossible to stop him 1 vs 1 because he’s too smart a player and will kill most opponents.

The problem is when teams go 2 vs 2 with him and we don’t have Wilf backing him up to help.

Wilf combats it to the point teams can’t go 2 vs 1 on Youri and In turn that gives Youri more license to dictate games on the ball as he’s less easily stifled.

Without Wilf they can press Youri with less protection then get into the pockets easier to attack us.

• Like 1

His class has really told this last 6 months. Coming 10 metres deeper every game has brought him massively to the fore. His passing has gone up a gear and when the youri/ndidi/madders chemistry really clicks we are virtually unbeatable.

You've got to hand it to the coaching staff for bringing this all together because we were proper crap for the last 8 games of last season.

Make him the best paid player, because youri is the future of this club.

Great attitude too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Dont think Kasper would be happy if you give him the armband. 

He's a professional. Brendan will term it as for the good of the team and I've never really bought into the whole goalkeeper/captain thing. A captain for me should preferably be a  midfield or defence position so as to influence the game.

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

He's a professional. Brendan will term it as for the good of the team and I've never really bought into the whole goalkeeper/captain thing. A captain for me should preferably be a  midfield or defence position so as to influence the game.

What he lacks in positioning he more than makes up for in haranguing the officials. 

Just now, foxile5 said:

What he lacks in positioning he more than makes up for in haranguing the officials. 

He does, I saw him swear at the ref the other week when we couldn't keep hold of the ball. Tielemans does turn into a soft jellyfish when something goes wrong but I like his reading of the game.