Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

Great news about the potential new contract, he has been exceptional this season and genuinely a world class centre mid and a joy to have at our club. One of the highest paid players would be fully deserved. Not sure about the captaincy, kasper is currently doing a great job and we need to grow more leaders all over the pitch. Would hope if he stayed with us for a good while that he will be next in line. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Kasper wasn't happy about maddison getting a new contract either. It's pretty default for him. He wants to be the main man, pretty standard at big clubs and if we want to be one something we'll have to deal with.

In fairness, Kasper has been here for ages. He was part of title winning squad. He feels he is close to the owners and the club. He wants it out of love, respect but also a sense of “have you earned it son”? I don’t think he would have an issue if it is Vardy or Albrighton with the armband, but he may well feel that Maddison or Youri are way too young and not been here long enough to have earned it, especially when you still have the legend Vardy here (he probably considers himself a legend too) and Maddison is already not far from from the wages Vardy and Kasper are on. Also, the captain needs to have earned the respect of other players (though I feel Youri is almost there in this respect). 

Edited by Tom12345

25 minutes ago, Bryn said:

His agent will have £150k as the start point I imagine. I think he will sign. He ought to have parity with our highest earners.

Hope he does. :unsure:

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! For me, he's up there with Wild and Vardy for our most important player. And in terms of talent, you could make a case for putting him above those too. The quintessential number 8 and every club needs one. Love Youri and hope he signs for a long time!

Playing at his best for us at the moment, he glides around the pitch looking for the perfect pass which he often finds, fingers crossed we keep him at The KP for the foreseeable future as he looks like he is enjoying himself.. 

I think he will sign a new deal. He seems pretty level headed and having experienced a difficult time at Monaco, I think he will be reluctant to make a move to early again to a top European side. He's a big fish in a relatively little pond here at Leicester and him having a staring role enhances his international chances. Should he move to one of the elite European sides he becomes a relatively small fish in an ocean, probably playing a bit part role. We all know he thrives from playing regularly. I'm not sure this is how the big teams operate, who like to rotate their players.

• Like 1

I think if Youri continues to the end of the  season on this form and we get CL football, he deserves 150k.

To get into 5th and EL then CL season after, clearly a huge part of the squad that has improved from ‘average’ 18/19 squad to improvement. Wilf and Tielemens both deserve big new contracts and protect us from selling for anything more than huge money.

If be disappointed to lose any of the 2 mentioned above and also Fofana for anything less than 70 mill.

Guest StevieLynex
22 hours ago, weller54 said:

Super match game

Super match game

Super match game

Super match game...

Super match game!

Whoever wrote that was a genius.

To win:

John Moss is a blank

Guest StevieLynex
9 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! For me, he's up there with Wild and Vardy for our most important player. And in terms of talent, you could make a case for putting him above those too. The quintessential number 8 and every club needs one. Love Youri and hope he signs for a long time!

I'm a bit worried if this chap is in our squad

image.jpeg.075b6998712bb9377d7f34d0be21567c.jpeg

Had a read through this thread, hadn't really gauged quite how highly rated he's become amongst our fanbase, rightly so as well, he's always had the quality just wasn't quite showing it last season. He's an immense player and I'm still baffled Monaco let him go.

If he can add more goals he'll be a top player.

On 05/02/2021 at 22:22, Chocolate Teapot said:

Kasper wasn't happy about maddison getting a new contract either. It's pretty default for him. He wants to be the main man, pretty standard at big clubs and if we want to be one something we'll have to deal with.

Are you saying that Maddison's new contract is as much or more than Kasper is on, who is rumoured to be on £130k a week. WOW.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you saying that Maddison's new contract is as much or more than Kasper is on, who is rumoured to be on £130k a week. WOW.

Makes sense when apparently some of the big clubs (Man Utd IIRC) were circling for his signature.