Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

When he's on it, he's world class. Struggled for consistency throughout his career, which is why he plays for Leicester City and not Manchester City. 

He's still young though and consistency is a problem for the vast majority of youngsters- if we get him playing like this every week then we've got one of the best players in the league.

Doesn't seem like the type to throw his toys out of the pram and push for a move at the first sign of interest, but get that contract drawn up now.

11 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

He did so well to score last night, just rewatched it and he had 6 players swarm on him like flies but he managed to get the shot through

And Barnes did just as well to momentarily ‘freeze’ the ball long enough to draw the defenders and creating those precious few seconds needed by Youri.

2 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

When he's on it, he's world class. Struggled for consistency throughout his career, which is why he plays for Leicester City and not Manchester City. 

He's still young though and consistency is a problem for the vast majority of youngsters- if we get him playing like this every week then we've got one of the best players in the league.

Doesn't seem like the type to throw his toys out of the pram and push for a move at the first sign of interest, but get that contract drawn up now.

I think Brendan may have found the magic formula because Youri certainly hasn’t struggled for consistency this season.

• Like 4

I thought he wasn't great last season. He was ok, but out of the midfield 3 of Wilf, Tielemans and Maddison, I thought he was the poorest of the 3. Good on his day, but too many 'sloppy' passes straight to the opposition, and always looked knackered early on.

This season, I'd say it's between him and JJ as our players of the season. He's really stepped it up a gear.

• Like 4

Got to say till this season, aside from the initial loan period, he had good form 40-60% of the time which was somewhat frustrating but went missing much of the rest, but have to say this season he has been repeatedly very good, as had Maddison of late till last night.  The goals he weights in with Maddison and Barnes point to a future after Vardy.

A number of his passes are also very penetrative, he picks the holes and the runs (oeerr missus!!) and really is driving the team.

Still always find him funny sprinting back to cover a break, he actually lacks 2-3 yards of pace not 1!!

But definitely at a higher level and is taking the team to it!!

7 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I think Brendan may have found the magic formula because Youri certainly hasn’t struggled for consistency this season.

Seems the trick is simply to keep playing him! Which sounds a bit crazy, but Rodgers has said he's a rhythm player and it's working for him and James Justin who also seems to get picked every game. At their ages they can probably do this for a season or two before needing some rotation, but by that point in time with the additional experience both will have, it might not matter so much.

But the manager deserves big credit because unlocking Tielemans potential was always going to be the thing that took us to another level; it's why we broke our record to get him after all. Rodgers has unlocked Tielemans, JJ, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Fofana and Barnes for sure, Maddison is getting close. Even players like Albrighton are massively improved. One of the best ways to measure a manager / head coach is by how much they are able to improve players and Rodgers has been incredible. The only one he wasn't able to improve was Demarai Gray, and I think that says more about the player than the coach, because a younger player in Barnes showed him how it's done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

He's not perfect, as shown by when he switched off for their goal, but he was superb again today.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Bit harsh there. 

Not alot he can do in all honesty also, fofana made it far to easy for him to skip past and Evans could quite easily come a few yards forward. If that happens the shot doesn't happen.  

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It wasn't all on him, absolutely I agree, but he did switch off for a second which let Rodriguez slip past him. Not putting it all on him though, that would be too harsh.

Even then, after the initial miscue, they did well enough to deny James use of his left foot but who knew he would be able to curl a worldy with his right foot (apparently not even Ancelotti, who’s previously coached him at Real Madrid and Bayern). 

Edited by NaijaFox

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

He has improved his engine greatly. 

Have to say after nearly 3 decades of watching us play what a joy it is too watch us play now. Tielemans is such a class player. Look at his passing ability, whether first time, switching play, he just dictates games every week, loved the passion when he scored yesterday. As you said late on in the game he is covering out wide and still full of running. He plays 90 mins every few days. What a player we have here, another one! 

6 hours ago, Wortho said:

Youri has been outstanding most of the season probably the best player in that position in the Prem (apart from KDB)

KDB hasn't been playing that well so far this season as a whole - and YT played better than him for Belgium too, so...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PhillippaT said:

KDB hasn't been playing that well so far this season as a whole - and YT played better than him for Belgium too, so...

I'd hands down have KDB in my dream team any day of the week. YT is great and strikes me as a sympathetic person too, but KDB is one of the best midfielders the PL has ever seen - in my opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shen said:

I'd hands down have KDB in my dream team any day of the week. YT is great and strikes me as a sympathetic person too, but KDB is one of the best midfielders the PL has ever seen - in my opinion.

When on form, sure, but this season? Not so sure...

23 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

When on form, sure, but this season? Not so sure...

Yes. Even 'out of form' KDB is a formidable player. Only way I'd pick YT is if I put my blue-tinted specs on.