Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

:wub:

Wow! Sounds super positive!

He has the potential to go down as one of our best ever players if he stays here. In recent games the way Barnes and Maddison have provided the threat as opposed to Vardy shows you the new spine of the team; Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, etc.

Tielemans could be the new captain!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

He has the potential to go down as one of our best ever players if he stays here. In recent games the way Barnes and Maddison have provided the threat as opposed to Vardy shows you the new spine of the team; Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, etc.

Wouldnt imagine Kasper being too keen on the last bit, but I see your point

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

I was thinking this earlier. If he stays that long, he'd be my first choice when Kasper eventually retires from that role. Could be a few years away yet, mind.

Young, talented player who's developing at a similar rate to the club as a whole, speaks several languages and is one of the most experienced players at the club in terms of European football. Plus he's already part of the 'Leadership group' at the club, I believe. Giving him the armband would be a no-brainer.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I was thinking this earlier. If he stays that long, he'd be my first choice when Kasper eventually retires from that role. Could be a few years away yet, mind.

Young, talented player who's developing at a similar rate to the club as a whole, speaks several languages and is one of the most experienced players at the club in terms of European football. Plus he's already part of the 'Leadership group' at the club, I believe. Giving him the armband would be a no-brainer.

Can certainly see him being made Vice Captain, wouldn't fancy his chances in wrestling the armband off Schmeichel though.. he's only 34 and a goalkeeper, so if he wants to carry on, he's easily got 3 or 4 seasons left in him, if not more

Personally, I'd be more than happy for Tielmanns to have the armband. Always preferred an outfield player to have it myself anyway.... Schmeichel will continue to rule of the defence anyway

• Like 1

Whether he is the best player we have ever had is still debatable - I personally think when we reflect on the current era in ten years time, most fans will conclude Tielemans is the single best player we've had, edging out Kante, Mahrez and even Vardy. But there can be no question he is the most complete.

I've said it before. Pay him whatever he wants and build the post-Vardy Leicester City around him.

5 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Doesn't matter if he wears the armband, when we're further up the pitch Kasper can't use his influence. To me Evans, Youri and Vardy are all like captains out there. 

Captains are more than using the influence on the pitch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Doesn't matter if he wears the armband, when we're further up the pitch Kasper can't use his influence. To me Evans, Youri and Vardy are all like captains out there. 

Rodgers has said Youri is the coach on the pitch. Don't need a captains armband just to be a captain. I think when we won the league people alluded to having leaders on the pitch in various areas. 

We've got several which is very beneficial for us. 

• Like 1

You don’t need the armband to be a leader. That’s why the argument over which position is best as captain is a load of tosh.

wes is the best captain we’ve ever had, yet he’s one of the quietest on the pitch. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Massive for the club, that there is a changing prospective that the club can match the ambitions of its best players.

Hopefully we can see the end of players like Kante, Mahrez thinking they need to move to one of the traditional big 6 to further there careers.

I always thought he was going to be limited by his lack of athletesim which ultimately might mean he might fall short of making it right to the very top.

He looks much quicker than he did last season, I mean a lot quicker and stronger. So much so I've sometimes not realised it was him at times and had to double take.

With this new found physicality, we're talking best in the world possibilities with him, let's make no mistake. 

22 hours ago, matty98 said:

If we can get Tielemans to sign a new long term contract, that's a massive statement of intent.

He's one of the best midfielders in the league.

I think you're bang on but in the 'Youri Tielemans' role (I.e. a hybrid between a holding midfielder and an 8), he's comfortably the best in the league. KDB & Bruno are better players but obviously play very different roles.

16 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Anyone else noticed he's more like a slippery eel now? He used to get caught out on the ball, now he's able to play and wriggle his way out of those situations.

Yep, i have absolutely no doubt when he looks like he's lost the ball, that actually he was simply lampooning us.