Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

8 hours ago, Collymore said:

He even looked like he was wading through treacle for his goal, luckily Arsenal defenders were more worried about Vardy.

That is the power of Vardy. His movements are so good he opens up space for others.

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

That is the power of Vardy. His movements are so good he opens up space for others.

Yep. 

Vardy had 4 players around him they all backed off to track him. 

• Like 3

If I hear the words 'lack of leaders', I will point out how much organising Youri was trying to do yesterday. There was a moment at the end of the second half where he took a knock and he stood there trying to stretch out his lef. Was a sign of the lad's mentality. Doesn't want to use personal excuses of tiredness. He needs some help because Wilf after Liverpool has turned into utter pants 

@Cardiff_Fox I noticed Tielemans' leadership yesterday as well, only other person I noticed was Schmeichel, but that's standard.

If Tielemans is playable, he can't be dropped or considered for a rest...he's one player that can drag us over the line. 

He has to play every game he can. 

Poor guy is spent  I fear complete burnout. He will also play in the Euros for Belgium who will go far in the tournament, then come back and start pre season almost immediately. Happened to Alexis Sanchez couple of years ago and the burnout killed him.

• Like 1

Said it before I’ll say it again but Rodgers very cleverly came out with the “he’s a rhythm player, he needs to play consistently to keep his eye in” or something similar to manage expectations. It’s complete rubbish in my eyes and I’m sure it defies science, the bloke needs a rest but he’s about the only player who can make us tick in midfield so what other options have we got? (Not a dig at Rodgers I think it was a very clever thing to say at the time). 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2021 at 09:42, Koke said:

Poor guy is spent  I fear complete burnout. He will also play in the Euros for Belgium who will go far in the tournament, then come back and start pre season almost immediately. Happened to Alexis Sanchez couple of years ago and the burnout killed him.

Correct.

We have to be the bigger man and give him 4 games off at the start of next season.

He's been playing first team pro since he was 16. He's gonna be ruined.

• Like 1

80k does seem low for a player of his import and standing:blink:

Maybe it’s wrong, I mean how the feck would Demarai know, right? 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Maybe he’s only prepared to extend to 2024 ? Hence we don’t have to go as high on his package .....

I've never heard of a player of his age extending his two year contract to three years.

Surely if he signs it will be another 4 year deal.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I've never heard of a player of his age extending his two year contract to three years.

Surely if he signs it will be another 4 year deal.

It’s unusual for a player of his age to have the experience he has .....he only signed for four years, it wouldn’t surprise me it he simply adds a year onto that. The increase to his salary doesn’t look v big ....

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s unusual for a player of his age to have the experience he has .....he only signed for four years, it wouldn’t surprise me it he simply adds a year onto that. The increase to his salary doesn’t look v big ....

Assuming we believe SFE, does he have good form for announcing contracts?

I'll be very surprised if this is a year extension, seems pointless for Telemann's to do that for a minimal raise when he would be in a much stronger position in the summer next year.

He should be on atleast a 100K. He's taken the responsibilities of leading this team to heart and is giving every last drop out there. You can see in his face how knackered he is at the end of games. Everyone else needs to be busting a gut too!  N'didi needs to sort it out quicktime and get back to being an enforcer we know

he is and provide better support to Youre.

53 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

He should be on atleast a 100K. He's taken the responsibilities of leading this team to heart and is giving every last drop out there. You can see in his face how knackered he is at the end of games. Everyone else needs to be busting a gut too!  N'didi needs to sort it out quicktime and get back to being an enforcer we know

he is and provide better support to Youre.

Ndidi has literally had 2 bad games...

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Correct.

We have to be the bigger man and give him 4 games off at the start of next season.

He's been playing first team pro since he was 16. He's gonna be ruined.

Was speaking about this the other day but I wouldn't be surprised to see him tail off earlier than a lot of players. Look at Rooney for example. Tielemans is 23 but in footballing terms, a very experienced 23.

On 01/03/2021 at 18:24, Danny Clender said:

@Cardiff_Fox I noticed Tielemans' leadership yesterday as well, only other person I noticed was Schmeichel, but that's standard.

If Tielemans is playable, he can't be dropped or considered for a rest...he's one player that can drag us over the line. 

He has to play every game he can. 

He has to rest.  All good teams rest their best players.  The spirit may be willing but the flesh is spent, based on the last couple of performances.