Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

28 minutes ago, Tonya said:

Took his goal well, then disappeared. Needs a break and a view of a few games from the stand will better help his perspective on the pitch

He is the only creative player we have left that can still walk. He isn’t getting a rest anytime soon sadly.

24 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

He’s on 33k 

Hahahaha no he is not. There's is absolutely no way we broke our transfer record for one of the best young players in Europe to pay them £33k a week, especially when he came from a tax free haven at Monaco earning best part of £100k a week. 

He'll be on £80k a week here

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahaha no he is not. There's is absolutely no way we broke our transfer record for one of the best young players in Europe to pay them £33k a week, especially when he came from a tax free haven at Monaco earning best part of £100k a week. 

He'll be on £80k a week here

I can’t really see how he isn’t but then again, when was demarai last wrong ??

of course, his deal could have had a big up front s/o fee in lieu of a lower weekly salary (but that would be unusual re loading cashflow).

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I can’t really see how he isn’t but then again, when was demarai last wrong ??

of course, his deal could have had a big up front s/o fee in lieu of a lower weekly salary (but that would be unusual re loading cashflow).

Pretty sure someone like Fabrizio Romano said he'd sign a new deal comparable to Maddison and Vardy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Correct.

We have to be the bigger man and give him 4 games off at the start of next season.

He's been playing first team pro since he was 16. He's gonna be ruined.

He's 23 and played nearly 350 career games. Crazy for someone his age. KDH is 22 and he hasn't even reached 40 career games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I love about FT is various people confidently stating as FACT what our players are earning. Already this morning someone has told us that he has it on good authority that Cengo is our 2nd highest earner. I would have thought it's the sort of information the club is very tight-lipped about, whilst being absolutely ripe for massive speculation and guesswork, even by those supposedly closer to the club.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

One thing I love about FT is various people confidently stating as FACT what our players are earning. Already this morning someone has told us that he has it on good authority that Cengo is our 2nd highest earner. I would have thought it's the sort of information the club is very tight-lipped about, whilst being absolutely ripe for massive speculation and guesswork, even by those supposedly closer to the club.

Never understood the fascination regarding who earns what, not sure why its important to some many fans.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-regret-over-youri-5064917

Brendan Rodgers' regret over Youri Tielemans decision that has been 'near impossible' to make
The Leicester City midfielder has played 36 of the club's 38 fixtures across all competitions this season, and has started every match since the start of the calendar year

ByJordan Blackwell
20:42, 2 MAR 2021UPDATED20:47, 2 MAR 2021

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers regrets that it has been “near impossible” to give Youri Tielemans a rest this season.

City play their 39th game of the campaign at Burnley on Wednesday evening, and Tielemans is in line for his 37th appearance.

Because of Dennis Praet’s injury and City’s inability to bring in a midfield signing during the January transfer window, Tielemans has started City’s last 15 games in all competitions and has played 400 more minutes than the club’s next most-used outfield player.

While Rodgers has praised the Belgian’s influence and mentality, he does admit he would be fresher if he had been able to give him a couple of games rest.

“Youri Tielemans is our only offensive midfield player who is available and as much as I have wanted to, it’s been near impossible to rest him because we just don’t have the depth in our squad,” Rodgers said.

"We don't have another player within our squad who is an attacking-based midfield player, somebody who can serve the ball with quality.

"A lot of our players are defensive types, especially when you take away James (Maddison) and Dennis (Praet) from the squad.

“He’s a fabulous player. My only feeling with Youri is I’d love to have taken him out.

“You see some of the other teams around us, they can take players out, recover them for a couple of games, then put them back in, even with the best players. That freshness is vital when you play so often.

“Unfortunately with Youri we’ve been unable to do that. He’s a player of big quality and he’s got a great mentality. He goes into every game and gives his all. It’s just unfortunate that I can’t recover him as much as I would like to.

“But also I think it's a testament to how well he looks after himself.

“He's a great professional and so reliable. It's a testament to how motivated he is for every single game he plays.”

Rodgers would also have liked to have given Vardy a break too. The striker has only just returned from a hernia operation, but has made six straight starts, including in City’s last three midweek games. He only started three of 10 midweek fixtures between September and January.

Rodgers said: “He’s come in off the back of a hernia operation, he’s come in quicker than normal and because of our situation, he’s played a lot of games and I wouldn’t really want him to.

“He’s 34, he’s fit and he’s strong, but you still want to be able to take some loading off him, and we haven’t been able to do that.

“Jamie is a fighter. He’s still such an important player for us. When he’s on the pitch, even though he may be quiet sometimes, he’s always in the game, because if a chance comes, he can take it. We know what he is, he’s a natural goalscorer and is one of the best strikers in the league.

“We don’t have to play him, but in some of our recent circumstances, that’s what we’ve done.

“You have to remember he is 34, and even though he still has his speed and these great qualities, ideally you wouldn’t want to put that on him at this stage of his career.

“His mentality is very strong. He’s done amazing for us because he’s come back from this hernia operation.

“We’ll have to manage that, and if we do feel he has to come out, and then come into a game, it’s definitely something we’ll look at.

“After this next week, we’ll have some recovery time in between games for the players to recover and get ready. At the moment, it’s been playing, recovering, and playing again, without much training.”

I saw Brendan in an interview saying he regrets not being able to rest him as currently he's the only fit creative centre mid. However the issue to me is not why he can't rest him NOW. It's why he was not given a break weeks ago in FA cup, Europa games. There was opportunities a while back that were no taken. Now he has no choice due to the injuries. Sadly I expect Youri's form will tail off now. 

Just now, davieG said:

....and if he had rested them back then he would have been verbally attacked by so many fans for not caring about those competitions. He's in a lose - lose position as far as fans go.

I think be could have not played in the FA Cups against Stoke، Brentford and Brighton + some Europa League group games. For example he unnecessarily played against AEK Athens when we were already qualified.

• Like 1

Praet is back training monday so hopefully we can limp through the next 3 games to the break and come back fighting afterwards. Youri can then be rotated with Praet. My worry is the international break for Youri though, he needs to be rested and not playing for Belgian. Maybe time for a "niggle" to keep him home! 😉

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Never understood the fascination regarding who earns what, not sure why its important to some many fans.

I think it is fairly important..

We are football fans not accountants.  The finances of the club is quite a dry subject but things like turnover, proportion of turnover paid as wages and high earners helps you get a handle on where we are, where we are going and what kind of players we can realistically attract or keep.

41 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Because sadly in the modern game what a player earns or feels they should earn, often effects form and performance. 

I don't think that's the case with Youri though, just in general. 

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think it is fairly important..

We are football fans not accountants.  The finances of the club is quite a dry subject but things like turnover, proportion of turnover paid as wages and high earners helps you get a handle on where we are, where we are going and what kind of players we can realistically attract or keep.

Of course, I was more referring to A earns more then B chat, which only become important when A isn't playing well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's tried to rest him a couple of times and we've been fcukin horrendous every time and has to bring him on. The lad is liquid gold.

This is pretty much it. It seems that Brendan knows without Youri, we would be mid table so he would rather play him and get points in the bag.

• Like 2