Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, GorlestonFox said:

His goal was vital, but Is it just me that notices how much he looses possession with sloppy passes?

better?

Not really. We lie 3rd in the table, why not support the players instead of spouting silliness? I reiterate name one player from around the world who has never made a mistake?

Edited by David Hankey

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/27/leicester-turned-premier-leagues-big-six-big-seven/

Youri Tielemans, the Belgium international, is the record signing at £32m and operating on a high level this season. Rodgers’ ‘coach on the pitch’, Tielemans is only 23 but was captain against Brentford in the FA Cup on Sunday and is already studying for his coaching badges.

Youri is already studying for his coaching badges aged 23! His understanding of the game is brilliant, and this is reflected in his performances; it's why he sees the complete picture better than almost any of our players barring Maddison. 

Youri Tielemans as future manager of Leicester City!? Don't bet against it!

Behind a pay wall - but just a comment on the URL, surely the 'Big 6' tag refers to the major clubs from an economic point of view rather than a sporting one as they are considerably ahead of the rest? We are quite some way away from being in the same financial league as them and we might never become part of them.

Also, are there actual 'managers' in the PL anymore or are they effectively all first-team coaches?

40 minutes ago, shen said:

Behind a pay wall - but just a comment on the URL, surely the 'Big 6' tag refers to the major clubs from an economic point of view rather than a sporting one as they are considerably ahead of the rest? We are quite some way away from being in the same financial league as them and we might never become part of them.

Also, are there actual 'managers' in the PL anymore or are they effectively all first-team coaches?

Pro Tip: If you go onto their site and hit "stop" before the page fully loads, you can actually read all of their content without having to login. :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Love that he's already doing his coaching badges. 

He sometimes reminds me of Cambiasso on the pitch (not just for when he played for us, but Argentina and other clubs too). Dictates play from deep and is the heartbeat of the team, makes things happen but isn't show-boating or cocky about it. Just has a role in the team and does it to the best of his ability - and the very encouraging thing about Youri is that there's so much more to come. He's probably one of the most intelligent players we have on the pitch during games. 

• Like 1

This sounds an odd thing to write, but last season i was underwhelmed with him. He was ok, but standard. 

Now, wtf was I thinking. He has the juju that all great players have; tonlook like an u/16 playing in an u/14 side. He's just too good, too clever, too easy.  This is zidane like (not level, but like) performance levels right now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonaldinho said:

I have a big fear he could be the one to go in the summer. Two years left on his deal, currently no signs of him extending and the ability to play for the biggest clubs in the world. 

He’d be impossible to replace! I think Tielemans, Ndidi & Vardy are the 3 that will be most difficult to replace. Honourable mention to Kasper. I really hope we can get him on a new longer term contract.

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

This sounds an odd thing to write, but last season i was underwhelmed with him. He was ok, but standard. 

Now, wtf was I thinking. He has the juju that all great players have; tonlook like an u/16 playing in an u/14 side. He's just too good, too clever, too easy.  This is zidane like (not level, but like) performance levels right now

I think most would agree because last season he didnt look fit. Now hes got his fitness he is different class and would walk into most teams in the league right now. 

5 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

I have a big fear he could be the one to go in the summer. Two years left on his deal, currently no signs of him extending and the ability to play for the biggest clubs in the world. 

If we get champs league we would have the scope to offer him a bumper new deal and put him up with Vardy in terms of wages. 

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-want-to-reward-player-with-improved-contract-claim-new-deal-is-to-scare-off-other-clubs/

Leicester want to ‘reward’ player with ‘improved’ contract – Claim new deal is to ‘scare off’ other clubs

Leicester City initially took Youri Tielemans on loan from AS Monaco in January 2019 before making his transfer permanent in the summer of that year.

The 23-year-old became the Foxes’ club-record signing after they paid an estimated fee of £40m. He was then offered a four-year contract and his current deal runs down in 2023.

According to Het Laatste Nieuws, the Belgium international has ‘blossomed’ at the English club after a ‘bumpy’ ride at the Ligue 1 side. In addition to this, he is now ‘having a great time’ at the King Power Stadium.

The player has been in the spotlight as Brendan Rodgers’ ‘midfield liaison man’ in recent months.

Tielemans has five goals and two assists in 22 league appearances, and his fine form has drawn attention from other clubs.

It’s claimed those in charge at Leicester want to ‘reward’ the player by offering him an ‘improved’ contract and this is also to ‘scare off interested parties’.

The English club want to establish themselves as a top six side in the league and HLN add Leicester ‘are reinforcing that ambition with the opening of a state-of-the-art training complex’.

It’ll also be important for them to retain their stars and trying to extend Tielemans’ contract is a step in that direction.

Current deal ends in June 2023 he will be 26yrs old smack in his prime, it is going to take an awful lot to see him sign a new longterm deal without buyout clauses etc.

He's going to be walking into the top top sides without a doubt & i think we will need all sort of clauses in but unlike the silly EU type 1s where yeah you can have him if you pay 250m we'll end up having to put it something like 80m otherwise he wouldn't sign but thats what we will have to do or sell him for max profit this summer but again with the year footballs had would anyone be topping the 100m mark for a player?

Sadly when we lose him & i think we will lose him it'll be for lot less than his actual worth, unless of course we win the league, both cups & give him the keys to the city.