Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wonder why he never gets dropped or rested ......must be in his contract ...

he’s a very capable CB. Not worth 80m but that’s not the issue here.  He gets a bad press from us on here. I wouldn’t have a problem if he was still here. 

He never gets dropped or rested because they know that they overpaid for him. There is no way that any club could justify putting an 80m CB in the bench or reserves. Besides, United have a very poor choice of CBs at their disposal.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Gone this summer; but ideally the club don't want too public as we want top dollar.

Personality clashes, persistent (chronic?) injuries, brushes with ill-disclipline etc.

I'd fully expect us to move him on but only given a large enough bid. 

That's my take and I'm not answering the torrent of DMs I usually get after posts like this.

I take it you've got inside information or is that a gut instinct? 

Look at you all gossiping over SFE. Apart from his annoyingly accurate teamsheet leaks all he tweets is pure bollocks and rumours. To get attention. Which you’re all giving him! He’s basically indykalia but with lineup knowledge 

Edited by TJB-fox

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

That's just bitterness, right there.

Maguire, while he has had his car-crash moments, has actually helped with Man Utd's defence. Not to overstate his performances, but Man Utd probably don't do as well this season without him.

Some thought Chilwell would drop off and become pointless for Chelsea when Tuchel came in. Well, he's been somewhat influential (not the most, but certainly enough) in their CL games and getting up to 3rd.

You're not wrong we sold two players for far more than they were probably worth, but to just simply ignore their input in to their current sides is just sour.

I agree to an extent. You probably misinterpreted what I meant - yeah it is true that they have had an impact and improved both United and Chelsea but imo it has been very limited. 

You’ll probably say that I’m bitter but in my view, their replacements (JJ, Fofana and Soyuncu) have had a greater impact for a much lower price tag. Vice-versa with players such as Coufal and Soucek at West Ham.

I am not ignoring their input, however, it is important to acknowledge that for their price tag they have had a less significant impact than players for us and other clubs.

6 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

He never gets dropped or rested because they know that they overpaid for him. There is no way that any club could justify putting an 80m CB in the bench or reserves. Besides, United have a very poor choice of CBs at their disposal.

And yet have a better defensive record than us, both this season and last.

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Madders current poor form on the back of his hip injury will mean we won’t get a big fee for him this summer ....... do we cash in around 40m ???  Can’t see us getting much more atm 

I would want 50 at least to let go of him.

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

That doesn’t necessarily mean that they have better CBs than us though? It’s clearly not that simple.

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

They are on the attack more than us which means less defending to do in the first place not to mention injuries have screwed us all year. Especially in defence we started the season with Ndidi at center back.

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Look at you all gossiping over SFE. Apart from his annoyingly accurate teamsheet leaks all he tweets is pure bollocks and rumours. To get attention. Which you’re all giving him! He’s basically indykalia but with lineup knowledge 

Gets me why people look at his tweets

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

You would but what if he is as inconsistent again next season with niggling injuries .....we may struggle to get what we paid for him ! 

He does have the homegrown player tag so that boosts his value. Remember Chelsea paid 35 mil just for Drinkwater. Who if I remember only had 1 goal and an assist to his name the year they bought him.

Edited by Fightforever

Just now, SouthStandUpperTier said:

What it means is that we probably tend to overrate our own CBs, and the lampooning of Maguire, while very funny, is bit overblown.

Meh, I agree to an extent. But other factors such as United having better players and winning more games obviously means that they will concede less goals. That is more down to the quality going forward, no?

21 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

It's not just SFE though, a couple of others with some supposed inside info have said that Rodgers' apparent fractious relationship with JM has just blown up, among other things.  I'm not saying any of this is true.  I have no idea, but there is more than one source.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, murphy said:

It's not just SFE though, a couple of others with some supposed inside info have said that Rodgers' apparent fractious relationship with JM has just blown up, among other things.  I'm not saying any of this is true.  I have no idea, but there is more than one source.

Well what a great time for everything to go to shitter and split the dressing room. May as well give top 4 away and not bother turning up to the cup final. @SHANE_ Why couldn't you have just left it until after the cup final.

Edited by Fightforever

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's just bitterness, right there.

Maguire, while he has had his car-crash moments, has actually helped with Man Utd's defence. Not to overstate his performances, but Man Utd probably don't do as well this season without him.

Some thought Chilwell would drop off and become pointless for Chelsea when Tuchel came in. Well, he's been somewhat influential (not the most, but certainly enough) in their CL games and getting up to 3rd.

You're not wrong we sold two players for far more than they were probably worth, but to just simply ignore their input in to their current sides is just sour.

totally agree with this, only player to have failed is Drinkwater, to think otherwise is silly

3 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Well what a great time for everything to go to shitter and split the dressing room. May as well give top 4 away and not bother turning up to the cup final. @SHANE_ Why couldn't you have just left it until after the cup final.

If there's a bust up in the dressing room then it's not necessarily a bad thing, shows they care, no doubt happens in most dressing rooms, the bad thing is it's come out and will no doubt get to the media. I'm sure Monday they'll turn it into a positive, and tuesday 3 points