Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

I like to live on the edge mate 😂..

Mark has had me on limited posts and no image uploads for years now 😂!!!....

That's what a bit of power can do.

Power? A VPN and a few email addresses are all you need to level that off. 

I criticized him a lot last season, especially considering his return was really poor for a supposedly attacking midfielder.

He just isn't direct enough as I'd like in an attacking midfielder. Should be picking the ball up and making something happen. He's far too pedestrian. 

If you watch Grealish or Foden they draw players in, beat them and do something out of nothing, run with the ball at pace... everything I like to see and Maddison doesn't do it.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

What Madders needs is some 'pashun' and needs to become a box to box midfielder, then take people on and go round 3, then score from corners and take free kicks like Messi.  Then, and only then will he become accepted by some on FT!  Oh wait some on FT will still hate him because he spends his money on (dodgy) clothes and gets off with good looking women!

Edited by Le Renard
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SHANE_ said:

Haha! Seriously a lot of the comments are not even about his football ability, a lot are about what he wears and who he is mates with. It’s down to personal dislike  and people can’t wait to jump on! The same happened with Chilwell! No wonder The Sun sells so  well! 

People dislike a young lad doing well and flaunting it...quite sad really. 

15 hours ago, nettle said:

Bag the winner at Wembley James and all will be forgiven 👌🏻

I'm pretty sure that @SHANE_ is not Maddison since he was posting in the match thread.

I really hope that the real JM doesn't read the garbage in this thread.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

What Madders needs is some 'pashun' and needs to become a box to box midfielder, then take people on and go round 3, then score from corners and take free kicks like Messi.  Then, and only then will he become accepted by some on FT!  Oh wait some on FT will still hate him because he spends his money on (dodgy) clothes and gets off with good looking women!

Not  true though is it.

People don't "hate" him either. I think know people just wanna see more output and influence from him.

Personally I'm not interested in what footballers do outside of playing for us, they aren't people that interest me really, but I do think that a player can get away with wearing dodgy clothes and generally showing off when he's actually producing on the pitch....

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Not  true though is it.

People don't "hate" him either. I think know people just wanna see more output and influence from him.

Personally I'm not interested in what footballers do outside of playing for us, they aren't people that interest me really, but I do think that a player can get away with wearing dodgy clothes and generally showing off when he's actually producing on the pitch....

I said: "some on FT will still hate him".  That could be only 10% on here, but they are the most vocal.  I've noticed the Chilwell effect with Maddison, for some he will never be good enough.

Perhaps I should of used the term dislike, but a little hyperbole is more effective.

15 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I'm sorry, I totally disagree with that, to say Maddison has let us down more times than he's come up with goods is quite bizarre. I really don't get the hate for him, he was the first gifted player we've had talk to the media about us being a 'big club', he's a young lad, lots of money and will make mistakes so let's cut him some slack, himself, N'didi and tielemens are the envy of a lot of clubs, so I'd rather he was played in a system where he performs best and support that. 

How many times can you think of where he’s stepped up in a big game? Top of my head I’ve got Arsenal at home when we won 2-0, can’t think of another....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I'm sorry, I totally disagree with that, to say Maddison has let us down more times than he's come up with goods is quite bizarre. I really don't get the hate for him, he was the first gifted player we've had talk to the media about us being a 'big club', he's a young lad, lots of money and will make mistakes so let's cut him some slack, himself, N'didi and tielemens are the envy of a lot of clubs, so I'd rather he was played in a system where he performs best and support that. 

And also you can’t seriously be putting him in the same bracket as Ndidi and Tielemans? 

Just now, Countryfox said:

Sean from Enderby reckons big bust up between Maddison and Brendan ...   anything in it !?!!?? ...   

All seems too convenient, especially if SFE personally doesn't like Maddison. Too easy to create a shit storm with the kind of following be has. 

Outing it the week before possibly the biggest game the club has had in years is counter-productive to the team. But SFE doesn't think about anyone but himself and the likes so it's no surprise he's continuing to leak shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

All seems too convenient, especially if SFE personally doesn't like Maddison. Too easy to create a shit storm with the kind of following be has. 

Outing it the week before possibly the biggest game the club has had in years is counter-productive to the team. But SFE doesn't think about anyone but himself and the likes so it's no surprise he's continuing to leak shit. 

Phew ! ...  thank you Stanley ...  I shall tell mi mate that Sean talks shit and Bentley’s roof is just a hotbed of gossip !,  Old men with too much time on their hands ! ...   :thumbup:

Just now, Countryfox said:

Phew ! ...  thank you Stanley ...  I shall tell mi mate that Sean talks shit and Bentley’s roof is just a hotbed of gossip !,  Old men with too much time on their hands ! ...   :thumbup:

Yeah but don't mention me :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Have loved his contributions at on many occasions, but the COVID incident and his love of social media puts him in the same company as Chilwell.  If we sell a big name again, hope this guy goes.

Agree with this, 

Plus factor in as well his current / out standing injury which could well develop to be more problematic. 

His last couple of performances remind me of a boxer, miles behind on points and is desperately looking for  a knockout - a la his Hollywood attempts at goal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Sean from Enderby reckons big bust up between Maddison and Brendan ...   anything in it !?!!?? ...   

Mi Bentley’s mate reckons Brendan wants him gone ...    

As the pressure mounts on Brendan, maybe he is looking for those to blame for upsetting the run in. He trusted madders and he let him down big time. 

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Gone this summer; but ideally the club don't want too public as we want top dollar.

Personality clashes, persistent (chronic?) injuries, brushes with ill-disclipline etc.

I'd fully expect us to move him on but only given a large enough bid. 

That's my take and I'm not answering the torrent of DMs I usually get after posts like this.

Why keep playing him then ...  ??

• Like 1

Best/Worst case scenario would be that he performs greatly in the FA Cup final, Man United get him for an obscure fee and he struggles for consistency for them; whilst LCFC get a cheap, young replacement for him who looks the business.