Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

1 hour ago, SHANE_ said:

Haha! Seriously a lot of the comments are not even about his football ability, a lot are about what he wears and who he is mates with. It’s down to personal dislike  and people can’t wait to jump on! The same happened with Chilwell! No wonder The Sun sells so  well! 

People dislike a young lad doing well and flaunting it...quite sad really. 

Agree, there’s a lot of personal OTT comments in my opinion. Debate the performance but keep it relative to the game/match itself. Not what’s gone on before, what his clothing preferences are et cetera..

24 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Tbf I dislike him cos he’s the definition of the privileged, out of touch modern day footballer & has let us down more times than he’s come up with the goods 🦊 

nothing to do with his (questionable) fashion sense 🤣

How is he out of touch? He seems pretty grounded from my view, raised in a good home with supportive family. 

He messed up on the party, but what young person doesn’t make mistakes?

3 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Offered nothing worst player on the pitch.

worse than Ricardo who couldn't beat a man and ket falling over, or Soyuncu who gave the ball away leading to a goal and nearly gave a peno away, or wilf who gave the ball away a lot, or castagne who offered very little in attacking play? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

How is he out of touch? He seems pretty grounded from my view, raised in a good home with supportive family. 

He messed up on the party, but what young person doesn’t make mistakes?

I don't think they got dropped for breaking covid rules, from what I read it was defying BR orders when they got found out, what might have upset him is he seemed to get most of the flack as he's the most gifted and was fit to play, there was Barnes, Morgan, hamza and Perez and you heard little about them, even from our own fans 

30 minutes ago, Okeyanthony said:

So you think someone that sulked as a lone striker, suddenly saw Vardy beside him and became a stud. A striker needs a run, putting him when we are 3 up and the midfielders are thinking if the shower and dinner doesn't cut it. 

....lost you with this one!!!

Feel a bit more forgiving today, he was better than previously but I'm confident Perez would have given more in that game.

All of them want to play, it's pretty much a given. BR (bless his tiny cottons) has gambled that Madders will deliver us to a higher level rather than just letting Perez see the season out (in terms of the starting 11). BR has said as much himself, and lets hope it comes good in the end.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Feel a bit more forgiving today, he was better than previously but I'm confident Perez would have given more in that game.

All of them want to play, it's pretty much a given. BR (bless his tiny cottons) has gambled that Madders will deliver us to a higher level than just letting Perez see the season out (in terms of the starting 11). BR has said as much himself, and lets hope it comes good in the end.

I’m the same I’ve cooled down a bit after the result... just need to hope the players can lift themselves and start to play 

I think the problem is that he's so full of himself and selfish he doesn't look round at the players around him and think, oh I need to up the tempo with my passing, he lives in his own dream world most of the time and unfortunately believes his own bullsh*t that he's up there with Mount, Grealish and Foden when in reality he is a million miles away. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

All of them want to play, it's pretty much a given. BR (bless his tiny cottons) has gambled that Madders will deliver us to a higher level rather than just letting Perez see the season out (in terms of the starting 11). BR has said as much himself, and lets hope it comes good in the end.

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m the same I’ve cooled down a bit after the result... just need to hope the players can lift themselves and start to play 

“the greatest remedy for anger is delay” - Seneca

I think some of the lads in that dressing room/on the training ground need some philosophy too.

• Like 1

He is starting to piss me off. He still looks way short of fitness and you’d forgive if he’s putting 100% in trying to get fit but after the COVID incident I bet he’s still fcuking about.

He needs to knuckle down and focus on getting his career back on track because at this rate he’s going to lose his spot to Perez.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I don't think they got dropped for breaking covid rules, from what I read it was defying BR orders when they got found out, what might have upset him is he seemed to get most of the flack as he's the most gifted and was fit to play, there was Barnes, Morgan, hamza and Perez and you heard little about them, even from our own fans 

The defying of manager orders is not acceptable, and mistakes by Maddison wasn’t great. And I understand him getting more flack owing to the fact he was fit to play, but he has received far more stick then Perez.

aside from the mistake above, I don’t see someone who epitomises “out of touch” footballer. Maddison often speaks out about things, or dedicates goals to deceased fans. 

Yes he can be a bit over arrogance, but don’t some footballers need that. I love it when

he says things like “we are Leicester city” and talking us up.

there’s a reason why he’s on the leadership group, and that’s because (despite the odd mistake) he is confident and speaks well.

p.s not directed at you splinterdream 👍

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I bet he’s still fcuking about.

That's sort of the point, you don't know. You nail the current problem, his recent return from injury, then go off some weird fantasy tangent. I get that his "media personality" might rub people up the wrong way but none of us actually know him as a person. He was being praised by everybody on this forum after he did a post-match interview where he sounded great, talked sense about us as a club compared to the "big six", the team getting on with it behind the scenes etc. A game where he played great and positively contributed. A game we won.

BR has to work out whether to play him into fitness or rest him. He's a talented player but unfortunately isn't a player to grab the rest of the team by the scruff of the neck. Maybe in time, as he grows older, that'll come. Maybe not.     

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

The defying of manager orders is not acceptable, and mistakes by Maddison wasn’t great. And I understand him getting more flack owing to the fact he was fit to play, but he has received far more stick then Perez.

aside from the mistake above, I don’t see someone who epitomises “out of touch” footballer. Maddison often speaks out about things, or dedicates goals to deceased fans. 

Yes he can be a bit over arrogance, but don’t some footballers need that. I love it when

he says things like “we are Leicester city” and talking us up.

there’s a reason why he’s on the leadership group, and that’s because (despite the odd mistake) he is confident and speaks well.

p.s not directed at you splinterdream 👍

It comes across as all a bit for the social media/media 'likes' though i'm afraid (and that goes for any footballer or public figure who does these things) and that sounds awful regarding the deceased fans point you make bit but the cynic in me can't help but have those opinions.

It's all about making himself relevant.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt said:

It comes across as all a bit for the social media/media 'likes' though i'm afraid (and that goes for any footballer or public figure who does these things) and that sounds awful regarding the deceased fans point you make bit but the cynic in me can't help but have those opinions.

It's all about making himself relevant.

But we then start to get into the realms  of personality types and the different psyches that make us all different. 

people like Maddison don’t rub me up the wrong way. if he feels to get “likes” through social media will benefit him, so be it.  but if it upsets some like yourself in the process, I do think we as humans need to show some restraint as to what we bite at or have an opinion off. (Again, not directing this at you Matt) 

Those that are “entitled” piss me off, and I find it hard to not voice my view though 😁

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

If, and it's a big if.. anyone comes in with a bid for him in the summer, I hope we take it.

He's let the club down and that debacle just before the West Ham game has cost the club dear!

No excuses for what he did..

Get rid!!

Careful mate you’ll upset the heads in the sand brigade with this sort of chatter, everything is ok, keep doing what we’re doing they say. Not to mention free speech filter Mark.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

But we then start to get into the realms  of personality types and the different psyches that make us all different. 

people like Maddison don’t rub me up the wrong way. if he feels to get “likes” through social media will benefit him, so be it.  but if it upsets some like yourself in the process, I do think we as humans need to show some restraint as to what we bite at or have an opinion off. (Again, not directing this at you Matt) 

Those that are “entitled” piss me off, and I find it hard to not voice my view though 😁

Agree with this.   Whatever bangs his gong.  

But all this is measured by his contribution on tbe pitch.

Right now he is under delivering (no pun intended).  If this stuff helps him find his form the great.

Imo we cannot no longer faff about hoping he will click.  He must focus on August ...he can have minutes when we are 2 up

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
10 hours ago, Guybino said:

“the greatest remedy for anger is delay” - Seneca

I think some of the lads in that dressing room/on the training ground need some philosophy too.

Well Seneca would have been crap on twitter!

Probably not the go-to guy for hot takes...

Considered reasonableness? Pah!

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

If, and it's a big if.. anyone comes in with a bid for him in the summer, I hope we take it.

He's let the club down and that debacle just before the West Ham game has cost the club dear!

No excuses for what he did..

Get rid!!

We had limited points opportunities... the pre west ham thing was a turning point for me.  I dont care what he does now

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Careful mate you’ll upset the heads in the sand brigade with this sort of chatter, everything is ok, keep doing what we’re doing they say. Not to mention free speech filter Mark.

I like to live on the edge mate 😂..

Mark has had me on limited posts and no image uploads for years now 😂!!!....

That's what a bit of power can do.

• Haha 1