Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Reg Vardy

Maddison

Be glad when we can talk about what Maddison does on the pitch. Big season for the lad, he needs to re-establish his ambitions as to being one of the top midfielders in the country. 

Only a succession of top performances on the pitch, with no distractions off it, will get him back into the international scene.Whether these pictures make things look worse than they are, he is making news again for wrong reasons and if his desire to play for England is still his aim, then he needs to ensure paper talk is about his outstanding football performances, not what he doing away from it, because unfortunately for him, the gutter press have the knives out for him.

Edited by MGLCFC

Guest Bert Fill

The irony of all this is that Maddison is actually one of the more personable and intelligent footballers around (and one who seems to genuinely develop an interest in his clubs - and maintain that after he leaves).

I was thinking it was strange, given that, that he gets such abuse (admittedly from a very small minority. But actually I wonder if the fact that he’s not thick and has a personality is part of the reason for it.

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s been woeful since March 2020, aside a purple patch around Christmas time. He won’t even make first choice 11 next season at this rate with the improvements we’ve made to the squad.

Yet without him in the team we look so much less creative going forward, and woeful is also pretty harsh seeing as he was very impressive for us in the Europa League group games (statistically our highest rated player in Europa, 6th highest rated player for us last season in the Prem as well).

Doubt it will be the signings we have made so far that will keep him out of the starting 11, no one we have signed is going to step into that creative number 10 role ahead of Maddison, even with a system change he is a player you try to get into the line up otherwise you lose a massive amount of your teams creative ability.

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
24 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

People make jokes and laugh but we’ve got a player, on our books for 6 figures a week that we could have cashed in on for big £££ 2 summers ago. The issue is we would struggle to shift him for anywhere near that figure now because he’s a grade A **** with a chronic hip problem. Laugh away lads. 

Did he steal your parking space or something?

You can defend or you can crucify the only real fact I can draw from it is it looks bad on Lcfc and on him, whatever your stance on it he clearly isn't doing himself any or the club any favours. Again as I'm sure the quiet majority will agree if he steps up on the pitch who cares, as long as this is as big a 'scandal' he's associated with. 

• Like 1

Probably a few blokes that loved the idea of Frank Worthing rattling busty ladies back in the day seething with this. I don’t even like Maddison particularly but this is much ado about nothing.

• Like 2

Why does anyone defend this plank anymore ? He’s was crap when he came back from injury and the west ham game ? When he was too busy learning his lesson playing golf!! He’s a attention seeking tit. Talks a good game and says the right things but acts like a complete tit. There’s a reason he won’t be getting anymore England caps. Southgate knows he can’t be trusted and got plenty more options available now. Definitely sell him and move on. 

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why does anyone defend this plank anymore ? He’s was crap when he came back from injury and the west ham game ? When he was too busy learning his lesson playing golf!! He’s a attention seeking tit. Talks a good game and says the right things but acts like a complete tit. There’s a reason he won’t be getting anymore England caps. Southgate knows he can’t be trusted and got plenty more options available now. Definitely sell him and move on. 

Fairs mate You are a great windup merchant I’ll give you that. You had me going in another thread but just realised you’re on the windup

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Maybe they are in a polyamorous relationship? 

Don’t say things like that - there’ll be octogenarian cocoa frothing and people complaining about PC cancel culture gone Corbyn.

I don’t know what polyamorous is but I had a poly tunnel in the garden once and it was rubbish!”

30 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Fairs mate You are a great windup merchant I’ll give you that. You had me going in another thread but just realised you’re on the windup

Why ? Because I’m not some sort of sheep ? My opinions are my own. Sorry I don’t think Albrighton good enough for us anymore or Maddison worth keeping. It’s a forum. I’m allowed to have my opinion. Just like you have yours. I can assure you though I’m not on a wind up. Im sorry you don’t like my opinion.  

2 minutes ago, bmt said:

Some people on this thread are so funny. Wound up because girls want to cuddle up to a footballer.

Hope maddison has a good season

Was your wound up after we lost to West Ham and he was on a golf course ? The bloke does himself no favours. Why Southgate won’t ever pick him. Why no big clubs are interested in him. 

18 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

"Oh no he hugged a girl, he must be trying to poke her."  I hope none of you ever hug your mothers.

If I could rep this 10x more, I would.

Taken in pure isolation, what on earth has he actually done *wrong* here. He just looks like he's being friendly and having a joke after possibly having a few drinks. I'm sure his missus will have words because of how it looks, but I would be very surprised if there's actually anything in this. Rags just trying to make an example of him.

Yes he's been an idiot in the recent past but let's just give him a chance to show his commitment to the team and leave his private life alone.

I mean jesus, enough people on here love Simmo despite what he did. People make awful mistakes and *can* grow into better people. Give him a chance and get off his back. Enough of this ****ing scapegoat business, it's so childish.

Edited by CloudFox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....this is the reason Sir Alex chose to get his players into committed relationship and married as he knew the temptations out there!!!

I am not saying he has done anything wrong, just that it must be difficult to focus young multi millionaires into becoming the best version of themselves, and a certain Mr. Beckham did not conform to this doctrine, and was moved on.

I would say, looking back, perhaps every player mentored and coached by Sir Alex would say that being in a committed relationship worked for them, and also helped them to grow up as well.

I'm not looking for a fight here, but that's quite a sweeping statement. He has coached a lot of players. I don't know enough to prove that incorrect, but I doubt you know enough to prove it correct either.  

Ferguson was quite a control freak though, as highlighted by your opening sentence. 

9 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Why ? Because I’m not some sort of sheep ? My opinions are my own. Sorry I don’t think Albrighton good enough for us anymore or Maddison worth keeping. It’s a forum. I’m allowed to have my opinion. Just like you have yours. I can assure you though I’m not on a wind up. Im sorry you don’t like my opinion.  

I absolutely love your opinions mate they give me a right good chuckle every time I read a post from you! Tricky trev the class clown entertaining all the lads 🤡

Not always his biggest fan, but I don’t think the lad has done anything wrong here. Out of context we have no idea what’s happening. Gals getting photos with a young multi-millionaire? Or Madders trying to wing-man his boys? 

Party on Maddison!