Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oxfordfox83

MOTD Thread 2020/21

10 minutes ago, Izzy said:

He originally had the same diagnosis as me - Ulcerative Colitis, and he did have a temporary stoma for a while. He's now got what they call a 'j-pouch' like I have following a three stage operation. I met him at a Crohns & Colitis fund raising function at OT a few years ago and we compared ailments :D.

Lovely fella, no ego and I've been really impressed by his analysis on MOTD. Best of luck to him...

Is that a humblebrag or a name drop? :P

16 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Is that a humblebrag or a name drop? :P

Yeah sorry if that came across a bit wanky.

I just feel I can empathise a lot with Fletcher and I thought it was miraculous that he carried on playing after all his surgery. I know pro footballers often get a bad rep but I found him to be dead genuine and I've got massive respect for him.

Not the greatest player ever but I reckon he's got a bright future as a pundit.

• Like 1

Just now, Izzy said:

Yeah sorry if that came across a bit wanky.

I just feel I can empathise a lot with Fletcher and I thought it was miraculous that he carried on playing after all his surgery. I know pro footballers often get a bad rep but I found him to be dead genuine and I've got massive respect for him.

Not the greatest player ever but I reckon he's got a bright future as a pundit.

I was just taking the piss mate.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Love the way they introduce it with the Hovis music though. Flat caps and Whippets and all that. lol

Especially with that famous 'Yorkshire' steep village that is actually in Dorset (although they did acknowledge that). 

Its God's own county, you know. :rolleyes:

Historically, the White Rose is nothing to do with Yorkshire. 

One thing really got me yesterday and it was on Sky and not MOTD, in how Micah Richards described us as one of the best counter attacking teams. 

We haven't played that way in 3 years, since before Puel so I'm not sure what some of these pundits are watching half the time. They still think we're the same team as 15/16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Especially with that famous 'Yorkshire' steep village that is actually in Dorset (although they did acknowledge that). 

I thought that LOTSW was actually filmed in Holmfirth, West Yorkshire?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shailen said:

One thing really got me yesterday and it was on Sky and not MOTD, in how Micah Richards described us as one of the best counter attacking teams. 

We haven't played that way in 3 years, since before Puel so I'm not sure what some of these pundits are watching half the time. They still think we're the same team as 15/16.

Micah (Man City fan) Richards is another in a long line of likeable but totally hopeless & ever so slightly biased "Experts"

How did hell he get the TV Gig?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I actually think he's one of the best around

Liked his 'that was Micah Richards-esque' comment on that piece of outrageous skill by West Brom's Pereira on MOTD. 

Actually made me laugh out loud (that much-discussed,  rarely-achieved state of being).

Just catching up on motd and I'm glad Fletcher is getting praise on here! Best pundit I've seen on MoTD for a while now. Spot on with his comments about man city's double pivot and what I was really impressed with was his praise of Walker who I thought was fantastic yesterday. So many pundits would just see the score and base all their comments off that rather than the actual game 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

Micah (Man City fan) Richards is another in a long line of likeable but totally hopeless & ever so slightly biased "Experts"

How did hell he get the TV Gig?

Absolutely. Even Gary Neville after 25 minutes was criticising us for sitting back and playing on the counter and talking about how Man City were all over us and then second half, all he spoke about was Man City's defensive problems. I like his punditry usually but very bad yesterday in not praising us like we deserved. 

The game plan was perfection. Very much how teams used to approach away European games. Sit back, absorb the pressure at the start and then attack. 

• Like 1

Done listening to the idiots do play by play. Watched the last two weeks with no sound or a language I didn't understand. Pure Heaven.  When the fans return I hope I can watch like Tennis with no commentary. Just give me the crowd, the singing, the yelling, and the match.

7 hours ago, Spudulike said:

The best thing to come out of Yorkshire is buried in our Cathedral.
 article_7e245ac4c15b21fb_1361297771_9j-4

Edited by OntarioFox
(and technically he's from Northamptonshire fwiw so they can't even claim that)

8 hours ago, shailen said:

Until Jamie Vardy retires we’ll always have that tag and to be honest he really does still thrive on the counter. 

8 hours ago, shailen said:

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Until Jamie Vardy retires we’ll always have that tag and to be honest he really does still thrive on the counter. 

Tbf we are one of the best counter attacking teams, we no longer build our tactics around it but we're still one of the best at it.

• Like 3