Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

George Hirst to Rotherham (Loan)

Appears their manager has minutes available for a #9 who can finish, especially off set pieces.  Could be a make or break for Hirst.

What Rotherham United boss Paul Warne said about the search for a 'real goalscorer'

Warne currently has Freddie Ladapo, Michael Smith, Kyle Vassell and Jamie Proctor in his ranks, but feels like he needs a bit of extra quality to help his side thrive in the Championship.

"I'm really hopeful that I will have another striker in this week," said Warne. "In this league, you can be good box to box - which we were the last time we were in the Championship - but sometimes you need someone to do a bit of brilliance inside the area and get you a win. That's why the strikers earn the big money: they change games with bits of class. We do need more competition up top, a real goalscorer."

Even if the Millers had Harry Kane or Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in their starting XI at Wycombe, it might not have made too much difference.

It was a horrible game at Adams Park, which was spent with 55 minutes of the 90 with the ball out of play. That made set-pieces very important.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/what-rotherham-united-boss-paul-warne-said-about-search-real-goalscorer-2973667

6 hours ago, KingsX said:

Appears their manager has minutes available for a #9 who can finish, especially off set pieces.  Could be a make or break for Hirst.

What Rotherham United boss Paul Warne said about the search for a 'real goalscorer'

Warne currently has Freddie Ladapo, Michael Smith, Kyle Vassell and Jamie Proctor in his ranks, but feels like he needs a bit of extra quality to help his side thrive in the Championship.

"I'm really hopeful that I will have another striker in this week," said Warne. "In this league, you can be good box to box - which we were the last time we were in the Championship - but sometimes you need someone to do a bit of brilliance inside the area and get you a win. That's why the strikers earn the big money: they change games with bits of class. We do need more competition up top, a real goalscorer."

Even if the Millers had Harry Kane or Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang in their starting XI at Wycombe, it might not have made too much difference.

It was a horrible game at Adams Park, which was spent with 55 minutes of the 90 with the ball out of play. That made set-pieces very important.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/what-rotherham-united-boss-paul-warne-said-about-search-real-goalscorer-2973667

Not sure how beneficial a loan be if it’s out of play for 55 of 90 minutes every week haha

I’m not sure if footy manager is completely baseless on contracts but on my game after 15 first team appearances there’s a clause that boosts his wage to 35k. 

Im sure if he plays in 15 games for us that’s probably a fair amount to pay. Just thought I’d pop it in here.

maybe the clause was public 🤷‍♂️

I signed him in a create a club in league 2 and he shattered my wage structure after hitting it 😂😂

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sheffield Wednesday fans still crying about this then. 

They’re not very introspective, Chansiri is a crook and full of shit but even with a -12 point deduction a lot don’t really see it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Did we put a bid in for him at one stage, over a million I think? Why didn't they accept it?

To reject a bid then not play him seems odd.

£2m apparently, they wanted more whilst refusing to let him play unless he signed a new deal

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

They’re not very introspective, Chansiri is a crook and full of shit but even with a -12 point deduction a lot don’t really see it.

Yeah, agreed. I thought a some had demonstrated against him though?

33 minutes ago, Strokes said:

If only there was another striker from the Sheffield area, that developed his career a bit later I could think of to disprove this ignorance 🤔

Haha I knew someone would say that but he was pretty much an anomaly. Happy to be proven wrong but can only see him being a championship level player at best 

On 17/09/2020 at 11:07, Harry96 said:

From what I’ve seen I think he’s nowhere near good enough. He would’ve made it by now if he was. 

100%

If you haven't made it by 21 in the Premier League it's just not going to happen.

Jamie Vardy will back me up on this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1