Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Burnley - Match Thread (20/09/2020)

1 minute ago, MPH said:

you can’t say you’ll respect Gray’s qualities whilst he’s still here and  then leave him out of the squad altogether twice in a row. Deffo going. Actually seems like we are trying to force him out...

On the flipside, we're so limited for defensive options right now that it makes more sense to backload the bench with players that can slot in when things go wrong.

Albrighton and Choudhury make the bench ahead of Demarai because of that fact. We have fullbacks in there that can slot in where Gray would otherwise play if a defensive sub is made.

Simply put, Gray's lack of positional versatility is why he won't make our bench until we sort our lack of defense options. I don't think it's necessarily a conspiracy against the lad, just the reality of the situation. He was good during our post-lockdown season. But if he wants to look for opportunities elsewhere I don't think anyone is gonna have too many complaints. He's a squad player.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

On the flipside, we're so limited for defensive options right now that it makes more sense to backload the bench with players that can slot in when things go wrong.

Albrighton and Choudhury make the bench ahead of Demarai because of that fact. We have fullbacks in there that can slot in where Gray would otherwise play if a defensive sub is made.

Simply put, Gray's lack of positional versatility is why he won't make our bench until we sort our lack of defense options. I don't think it's necessarily a conspiracy against the lad, just the reality of the situation. He was good during our post-lockdown season. But if he wants to look for opportunities elsewhere I don't think anyone is gonna have too many complaints. He's a squad player.

but we also just signed a right sided winger. that plays Grays position. Coupled with the fact that Rodgers pretty much admitted he’s going means the case is closed, i’m afraid!

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

but we also just signed a right sided winger. that plays Grays position. Coupled with the fact that Rodgers pretty much admitted he’s going means the case is closed, i’m afraid!

Would seem a pragmatic financial decision to sell him on ahead of h.beong a free agent from January onwards

If we get 15m and sold to a team not expected to be directly challenging with us, as Alan sugar would say, with regret, you've gotta go. 

• Like 1