Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

US Presidential Election 2020

19 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I have no dog in the fight at all before I ask this. 

But all those jumping at joy at Biden winning and making out its the greatest day in American history, what has he guaranteed to do for the Country? What are the policy's that he has said he would bring in to make the country better? 

A rock was a better alternative than Trump, that's how low the bar was set. Enough of the madness.

3 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

A rock was a better alternative than Trump, that's how low the bar was set. Enough of the madness.

Which is probably the reason why Trump still got a lot of votes. Biden is just the face of the status quo for corporations. Not that I think Trump was a better candidate! I've seen higher bars at a Limbo event.

14 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I fully agree, but we're talking about Trump. He couldn't care less about anyone or anything but himself or his daughter. He doesn't take no for an answer and has never showed an ounce of class in his whole life.

I never liked McCain but he was head and shoulders above the orange turtle.

I preferred Aunt Bessie to McCain 

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Other than foreign policy, what does it matter? We don't live there. 

Trump is a horrible human. Fuul of hate  arrogance and bitterness  

Most folk here aren't celebrating the rise of Biden but rather the fall of Trump. 

For me personally, I'm happiest about Harris. A woman of colour in the Wah is a remarkable step forward for America. 

The "mighty" Wah?

blob:https://www.youtube.com/ab232ed6-2d85-43e9-81bf-334addffc4b5

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, bovril said:

I disagree when people say "Trump knows exactly what he's doing". I genuinely think he's gone insane. He is a total narcissist and tweets in the middle of the night, I have no doubt he spends hours reading what people write about him on social media. And he's had a total breakdown. 

My interpretation is that he 'knows what he's doing' in the sense that he's repeating the same behaviours that he's observed to benefit him previously, but he can't bully his way out of this one and he absolutely doesn't have a machiavellian masterplan.  

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I don't think these people understand this song.

That belongs in a museum.  Outstanding lack of awareness.

...or is it?  Maybe they're just proudly proclaiming "yeah we burn crosses and yeah we like that our cops are racist and we think the man who enables us should remain in power"?

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The worry is what trump does between now and then. He's still US president and is still a very powerful man.

Well what did Putin do when his time was nearly up?

Just now, Buce said:

Putin is an autocrat; Trump is a wannabe autocrat, that's the difference.

It is not wrong to aspire, and anyway, everyone has to start somewhere

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

But all those jumping at joy at Biden winning and making out its the greatest day in American history, what has he guaranteed to do for the Country? What are the policy's that he has said he would bring in to make the country better? 

He's won on the basis of not being Trump. It will be interesting what difference it will make. I know very little amount American politics, and even less about Biden but he doesn't look too inspiring to an outsider like me, I'd that's even important. 

Like it or not, Trump is popular amongst a lot of people. Biden first duty will be to calm things down so things don't get out of hand. 

The world is safer without him having any power though, I don't know if you'd say we got off lightly with his reign but he's definitely getting more crazy as time as gone on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

Putin is an autocrat; Trump is a wannabe autocrat, that's the difference.

Putin also had the support of the military and KGB.  Trump has alienated his military who are now majority dem voters (that has to be a first, surely?) and similarly both the CIA and his federal forces.  So all he has left if he wanted to attempt a coup is a bunch of poorly trained blue lives matter cops from his country's KKK-infiltrated police forces as well as the even more poorly trained far-right militia groups.  I really wouldn't mind watching the live feed of that particular battle, LARP soldiers vs the actual military.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Getting Trump out of power is a good enough start for me for making the country better.

Some of the karma to it all is sweet. Trump said ‘bad things happen in Philadelphia’ as early as August. Partly a dig at its crime rate, partly a dig at local electoral fraud. 

Philly becomes one of the focal points to end of his term. 

You come after cities, expect the heat back 

I'm more relieved than I thought I would be, and I think that's because it's been a while since something happened in world politics that doesn't feel like another step towards certain doom.

It's still depressing that 70 million plus people thought Trump was a better option than... well anything, really. I got a tiny, tiny bit of insight into this yesterday, when I was talking to someone who's children live in the US. Whilst they found Trump abhorrent, they voted for him as they were concerned about paying more tax if Biden got in. No idea if this is a common position over there, but it's pretty bleak, innit? Like that's all that matters

• Like 3

I think the intriguing thing is that at the same time as voting for senators and some

govenors they’re voting for trump/ biden.  a lot of voters have voted for a republican governor or senator whilst on the very same ballot paper voted for Biden. 

A very clear Anti- trump message.

And i don’t mean to pee on anyone’s bonfire but if the republicans keep control of the senate then they will probably  block the majority of Biden’s policies. It could be a tumultuous 4 years for Biden.

Edited by MPH