Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

1 minute ago, shen said:

Positives:

Maddison got some needed minutes

Dewsbury-Hall and Thomas didn't look terrible, but definitely not ready for first XI either. 

... that's it really... 

This has to be Gray's last chance though. He was woeful. I desperately want him to succeed, but that had similar hallmarks to the unacceptable Schlupp performance against Porto. He has to go - that would be best for both parties...

If he had a good game he would have advertised his abilities and maybe would then go. I'm not sure he has helped his prospects tonight. 

1 minute ago, shen said:

Positives:

Maddison got some needed minutes

Dewsbury-Hall and Thomas didn't look terrible, but definitely not ready for first XI either. 

... that's it really... 

This has to be Gray's last chance though. He was woeful. I desperately want him to succeed, but that had similar hallmarks to the unacceptable Schlupp performance against Porto. He has to go - that would be best for both parties...

Thomas looked good I thought, he continues developing you'll have a very good player on your hands. KDH at almost 23 ain't ever going to even be a bit part player in a successful Leicester side.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

As expected. I thought Albrighton and Morgan had solid games. Dewsbury hall looked good too. 

Good for Maddison to get minutes he looks miles off the pace. 

Ha ha ha! He was utter garbage IMO. Only Gray  prevented Kevin from being the worst player on the pitch.

No one looked good. Anyone who gives any of our reserves more than 6 out of 10 needs to recalibrate.

Morgan was a 6, Perez & Thomas too. I could make a case for a couple of others but can’t be arsed.

Brendan chose his team based on the draw. We could, with luck, beat Arsenal. But Liverpool away? Not a chance.

Onwards, and hopefully not a thrashing on Sunday!

A CB & a wide forward like Buendia needed sharpish.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I really don't understand that theory at all. Games like this where Iheanacho has an opportunity to start he should be busting a gut to show Rodgers he is worht giving more minutes.

I didn't say he shouldn't be busting a gut, the fact is he is always going to be second fiddle.

its only the Uefa cup games now till Jan and he will only start them ahead of Vardy if we have qualified of Vardy isn't 100 percent

The positives are, it identified the size of the dead-wood removal task, plus how important scouting and the academy are going to be in years to come.  Surely playing and losing with developing youngsters is better than watching older and slower players that in all honesty are not going to play regularly in the EPL?

New training center needs to be augmented with a re-think of the academy set up and more focus on scouting and recruitment.  Send someone to the Red Bull set up to see how they do things would be a good start!

As for the game, result better than I feared.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Don't know how people are so calm! Our best Chance of securing Europe again next season gone. Let's face it, winning the Europa league is a huge ask and we're not going to break the big spending 'top 6'. The FA cup is taken more serious by the bigger clubs so would be a big ask too. 

That was a disastrous performance and some of fringe players need a rocket up their arse! 

Poor all over the pitch, making 11 changes is always going to lead to a disjointed performance. I hope he takes the FA cup more seriously. 

Whilst technically true, I believe the winners of the league cup this year don’t qualify for the Europa League, they qualify for the new third tier European competition which starts from next season, so in reality it’s not as bad as it seems Europe wise.

Edited by stu
  • Like 2

Don't get why Iheanacho gets so much stick. He wasn't great but he wasn't the worst performer. Gray can take that award.

As a lone striker he wasn't able to do much at all. Barely had any support. 

Expected more from senior players. 

Not too bothered about the loss. More important competitions to get involved in and take seriously.