Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Leicester 0-2 Arsenal Post Match

Well, not sure any of us are bothered we're out of that cup. We all know we barely have the squad for three competitions, let alone four.

However, what that did highlight just how far off the required quality some of our second eleven actually are. The best players out there were the ones that have just emerged from the U23s. 

Some absolutely minging moments out there from supposed squad players, and there are three or four who had to prove to supporters and the manager they're worth keeping at the club. Not one of them did so.

Edited by RoboFox

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

None of them (Maddison included) are pushing the starting 11. Painful to watch at the back.

Some people in this forum would of had Morgan starting at centre back in Evans absence these first few games. They are nuts.

Edited by les-tah

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Can't read too much or get hot and bothered about that one I don't think.

A couple of experienced players who will have designs on starting games more frequently let themselves down. Rodgers will be hoping guys like Iheanacho would give him something to think about after a game like tonight however all they've done is make his job easier in terms of leaving them out.

Dont think BR would ever think about starting Iheanacho over Vardy, and with Maddison and Perez ahead from the CF, Cam position his only hope would be an Injury or Vardy being rested. So not much lost on his part.

• Like 1

Iheanacho didn’t have a very good game but swap him with vardy and you wouldn’t of seen much out of him either.

i think people forget very quickly the impact he had to the team in spells when he got minutes last season, I also see him as more of a Perez type player than a solid number 9 as well 

Positives:

Maddison got some needed minutes

Dewsbury-Hall and Thomas didn't look terrible, but definitely not ready for first XI either. 

... that's it really... 

This has to be Gray's last chance though. He was woeful. I desperately want him to succeed, but that had similar hallmarks to the unacceptable Schlupp performance against Porto. He has to go - that would be best for both parties...

• Like 1

Gray and Iheanacho are two of the most wasteful footballers I have ever seen and would happily sell them both. 

Defence absolute calamity second half with constant trying to pass from the back but I have sympathy as those in front offered them nothing as options. Only Dewsbury-hall wanted the ball. 

KDH did alright but nothing more. One but of quality from Maddison but not much else. 

I know noone was bothered about going through but defeat tonight and then probably defeat on Sunday and suddenly we're testing our fragile mental strength. 

Don't know how people are so calm! Our best Chance of securing Europe again next season gone. Let's face it, winning the Europa league is a huge ask and we're not going to break the big spending 'top 6'. The FA cup is taken more serious by the bigger clubs so would be a big ask too. 

That was a disastrous performance and some of fringe players need a rocket up their arse! 

Poor all over the pitch, making 11 changes is always going to lead to a disjointed performance. I hope he takes the FA cup more seriously. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

wow that was dreadful two sitters missed as well by perez. Mark as usual despite his legs being a yard shorter gave everything. kelechi was himself sometimes good sometimes poor, perez miss was typical of his in-consistant self.

gave the game away with just lazy defending but everything was wrong second half allowed arsenal to press without a threat of passing around it because everyone was on their back foot.

dewsbury hall was so poor second half, that's his chance gone for me.nowhere near brave enougth in possession.Gray should be moved on and it looks like fuchs legs have gone.

I am terrified if vardy gets injured terrified based on that.

why does rodgers insist on passing for passing sake it was a cluster **** for morgan and co, the ball behind arsenals left back was there all night over the top but never used

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Dont think BR would ever think about starting Iheanacho over Vardy, and with Maddison and Perez ahead from the CF, Cam position his only hope would be an Injury or Vardy being rested. So not much lost on his part.

I really don't understand that theory at all. Games like this where Iheanacho has an opportunity to start he should be busting a gut to show Rodgers he is worht giving more minutes.

• Like 1

Yep, no great surprise. Reinforces what we already knew i.e. the depth of the squad is nowhere near where it needs to be if we want to be competitive on multiple fronts. I'm sure Morgan and Fuchs are great lads to have around the place but if we ever find ourselves having to rely on them then we're in trouble, and you could probably say the same of Albrighton. I'd be quite happy to see Amartey, Gray and Choudhury gone.

I didn't think we were that bad overall but the lack of quality in key moments was glaring. Alarming levels of incompetence for the second - Fuchs diving in, Choudhury might as well not have been there, what the **** is Ward doing etc.

Oh well. Three competitions still to play for!

Positives- Minutes in Maddison’s legs; Hamza had a decent showing; KDH looks very promising; Nice to see Armarty back; some good flashes from Thomas but you can see why he’s not quite starting 

negatives- Kel looked short of confidence (expected after the end to last season), majority of the play was ineffective, Fuchs is not a centre half;  ward has been kicking with kasper;  the depth at the back isn’t good enough 

Overall a decent run out, it felt like a pre-season game, it pretty much was. Perhaps some of the youngsters will be heading out on loan now we’re out. 

• Like 1