Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

Comparisons with Pearson, Ranieri, O'Neill aren't that relevant for me. Is Rodgers better than the man he replaced? Would we be in a strong place should he leave immediately? Yes to both.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I said he has never failed, yes but it was also in the context of a full seasons goals and expectations and I stand by that. 

You took that and applied it to every game we've ever played under Rodgers and In that respect, there is no manager in the world who that applies to. They've all lost a game they should have won. 

The conversation up to that point was surrounding his success with cup and league positions and thats not only what I was CLEARLY talking about but if you quoted my full post instead of taking an extract you would see that I go on to explain what it was I meant by that exactly. 

My apologies. 
As I keep repeating myself overall Rodgers has been outstanding for us. We have clearly improved under him and look good for at least a top 6 finish this season. However there are times I am critical of him. Clearly the positive out ways the negative with him. I would say majority of supporters of any club are critical of managers. 
It will be interesting to see how we finish this season. I hope we have a strong end to the season. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Liverpool fan wants Brendan back...

I bet these are the same people who love to write "YNWA" all over the internet. Liverpool are almost a parody of themselves sometimes. But remember 'this means more' lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'll just answer this bit so we don't drift into the pre-match thread. I'm not bothered about calling him elite or any such nonsense - just as I'm not interested in club size etc. He's absolutely not without fault, I totally agree with you. I'm just really not into the word 'failure' in regard to what he does.

As for the comment about Mendy, it was meant as a joke at the expense of his greatest fan, and I presume you know who I mean.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

This fellow is consistent, and also likes writing in the middle of the night.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's perfectly ok - I was slightly amused because you happened to agree with one of his essays further up this thread. :)

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

You might get a very long answer to this Albert.

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Our fit first XI might be as good or better than most, but our whole squad isn't. Why does it give some people such obvious pleasure to pre-proclaim our manager as a failure before he's failed?

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

OK, perhaps we need to define squad as 'first team squad' so we're all talking about the same thing. Of whom currently (from the 15 names you mentioned) Ricardo is not yet himself, Fofana is raw, Evans is not peak Evans, Barnes, Justin and Praet are currently unavailable, Vardy is definitely not peak Vardy, and so on. We don't mention Mendy in such a positive way, have you learnt nothing?!?!? :whistle:

You do realise you are referencing me in every reply indirectly to other people, it’s embarrassing how much my posts aggravate you. You need to start charging me rent because im living in your head free of charge.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, it’s a message board.

If you actually thought I talked nonsense you wouldn’t be so obsessed with my messages every time as if they hit a raw nerve and mean something to you.
I think you should get a glass of water, stop policing the board, and stop having a hissy fit when someone doesn’t say what you want them to say.

13 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

You do realise you are referencing me in every reply indirectly to other people, it’s embarrassing how much my posts aggravate you. You need to start charging me rent because im living in your head free of charge.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, it’s a message board.

If you actually thought I talked nonsense you wouldn’t be so obsessed with my messages every time as if they hit a raw nerve and mean something to you.
I think you should get a glass of water, stop policing the board, and stop having a hissy fit when someone doesn’t say what you want them to say.

Sorry Deano - just having a joke at your expense. I'll try to control my hissy fits more, and I'll also stop being so unaware of myself.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sorry Deano - just having a joke at your expense. I'll try to control my hissy fits more, and I'll also stop being so unaware of myself.

No need to apologise, I just found a bit odd when it’s literally 6 or 7 times over the course of as many hours. Just comes across a bit obsessive and triggered.

9 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

No need to apologise, I just found a bit odd when it’s literally 6 or 7 times over the course of as many hours. Just comes across a bit obsessive and triggered.

Really not - just I find taking the mick more fun than reacting to your opinions, some of which (and you'll have to forgive me for this) strike me as odd. But i'll work on being less obsessive and triggered too. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

😂😂😂😂

All I’m saying is imo he failed in the games I mentioned. Overall he obviously hasn’t been a failure. He’s been a huge success. It really isn’t that difficult to understand. 

😂 it is difficult to understand to be fair, you said he obviously hasn’t failed but you originally blamed him for losing a cup semi and 1/4 final and for not finishing in the top 4? And said he failed at them things? So then you think he has failed. 

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

😂 it is difficult to understand to be fair, you said he obviously hasn’t failed but you originally blamed him for losing a cup semi and 1/4 final and for not finishing in the top 4? And said he failed at them things? So then you think he has failed. 

Fine believe what you want to believe. It wasn’t a failure losing the cup games or blowing a 14 point lead in the league. He is perfect in everything he does and should not face any criticism whatsoever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Fine believe what you want to believe. It wasn’t a failure losing the cup games or blowing a 14 point lead in the league. He is perfect in everything he does and should not face any criticism whatsoever. 

😂 so you do think he is a failure 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

11 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

I tried to explain before, this is a question of use of language as much as anything else.

Rodgers deserves a lot of credit.  Four points in four days with eight out injured.

We have not been so good recently which I think may indicate what a good coach Rodgers is in a strange way.

Partly, we have suffered because of injuries.  The fixtures have come thick and fast.  There have been a lot of changes , many enforced, to the team. Rodgers has not had much  time between fixtures with players needing recovery time to work with each patched up team on the training field.

Hopefully, we will look more fluent next week

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nalis said:

According to some posters I still see the mantra that it's Rodgers fault when we lose but when we win its despite of him rather than because of him.

Otherwise it means admitting being wrong - which of course such people never are.

50 minutes ago, Nalis said:

According to some posters I still see the mantra that it's Rodgers fault when we lose but when we win its despite of him rather than because of him.

His tactical changes at half time certainly had the desired effect, we were much better and pressed higher up 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

21 minutes ago, Red Squirrel said:

For those of us who have been supporting this club since the 60's/70's the level of success we have achieved over the last 10 years is astonishing 

15/16 was the greatest story in football history and I guess most of us never expected it could be repeated

What Brendon is doing is enabling us to compete at an elite level regularly, that has never happened in the history of the club.

He is the real deal, Enjoy it while you can 

Beautifully put. A measured, longer term approach to supporting us.

I like to think we'll always be a top ten side in the Prem but football is cyclical and we could go to sheeite for decades like Leeds did, Forest, Derby etc.

That's why I'm enjoying this ride, and where we are, even when we have bad days/weeks.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

For those of us who have been supporting this club since the 60's/70's the level of success we have achieved over the last 10 years is astonishing 

15/16 was the greatest story in football history and I guess most of us never expected it could be repeated

What Brendon is doing is enabling us to compete at an elite level regularly, that has never happened in the history of the club.

7 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Beautifully put. A measured, longer term approach to supporting us.

I like to think we'll always be a top ten side in the Prem but football is cyclical and we could go to sheeite for decades like Leeds did, Forest, Derby etc.

That's why I'm enjoying this ride, and where we are, even when we have bad days/weeks.

Only since 90s for me but agree with what you say. 

We're in the middle of our own little 'project' to become an established side that fights for Europe every season. We did it last season. We're doing it this season. And hopefully we continue to do it for several seasons to come consistently. 

It's remarkable where we are and where we've got to in comparison to budgets/spending/pulling power of other clubs. 

There'll be humps in the road but when is there not for any club in the world?! 

If Rodgers is targeted for 'bottling' (I hate that term and don't think he is/players are), then surely he should be afforded the respect to have played his part in getting us to compete in this league. It's not like we're just about getting European football come the end of the season, either. We're solidly sticking around in top 4 and almost 'guaranteeing' it as quickly as possible. There's marked improvement season by season in individual personnel (Justin, Barnes, Tielemans etc) and for the club as a collective. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Spot. On.

My only add would be an obvious one, and one Im sure we can all recognise and agree on and that is that the ownership and strategic direction of the club is top notch. It doesn't mean every day is an upward curve but the trajectory as been relentless overall 

Edited by Jacnah

I admire his belief in the younger players to give them starts in big games. Thomas v Sheffield United, Tavares v Brighton.

Could've gone with the "safe", experienced option yet decided to try something out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red Squirrel said:

Well said.  We are at an unbelievable level.  The McClintock year is nearer to being erased from mind.

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

I admire his belief in the younger players to give them starts in big games. Thomas v Sheffield United, Tavares v Brighton.

Could've gone with the "safe", experienced option yet decided to try something out.

We shouldn't make any sort of judgment on young players until they've had a decent run of games of course, but, Thomas, who has benefited from a few games looks like he's capable of really becoming a very good player indeed. I also thought Tavares showed some flashes of quality yesterday. Bodes well.

Edited by Jacnah