Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

21 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I watched the game without fake crowd noise sound and it was notable how vocal Rodgers was today compared to usual. It's almost as if he used this game as a live training session for his players! He was constantly saying things like:

- Tempo! (When the passing slowed down and we weren't moving the ball quickly)

- Clean it up! (After the ball would break to us after a repelled block and he wanted us to recycle play among the 3 CBs before going again).

- Combination! He kept instructing the players to play one two's and triangles with one another, often shouting at the players as to who they should be looking for.

- Look at the space! / Move into the space! Particularly notable with Perez, he was instructing him to take up great positions and I feel really helped him have a superb game as a result.

I found it really interesting to see and I think he would have been delighted with the way the team played. Controlled the game throughout the second half, made so many chances and really 5-0 flattered the opposition!

I also found the way we deployed our 3CBs to be interesting. We've done it a few times this season already by having one of the CBs support the attack and drive forward with the ball when they are spare. It was James Justin previously in the season, but was Fofana today, who I thought had an excellent game. It worked very nicely; Evans and Soyuncu are your "proper" defenders who have excellent positioning and defensive attributes. Both can pass, but both are colossal when playing at the back as a pair. Fofana is the fastest of the 3 with excellent acceleration and also good dribbling, and started off many of our attacks with his forward drives.

The opposition was poor today, but we looked brilliant, and it was great to see the manager get the most out of several players. I also personally thought Vardy looked much more like peak Vardy in 15/16 in terms of getting on the ball much more often and not just being the guy that puts it into the back of the net. Vardy is so much more than a finisher and though he didn't score, he did everything else but! Again the manager deserves credit for getting him so involved during the game.

the oppostion was poor but we looked loads fresher the week break must have made a massive difference and you could tell yesterday with the sharp passing and constant running and movement another week off this week and we should be 100% for the United game with the players aviailble perfect time to beat them.. cant wait!

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I have to say I wasnt enthused when he came. The Brentisms. The tan, fixed teeth and mrs too young for him. His overcomplicated first team selection at Watford away.

But he's grown into our job. The facilities, the elite players, the disrupter, the 'silver.medallists' , the european football. He's taken seriously. 

I don't think he thought it would be when he came. We were a stepping  stone. Instead, I think LCFC and Rodgers are falling in love, so to speak. 

What a really bizarre prejudice to have.

He's only 11 years her senior.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Buce said:

What a really bizarre prejudice to have.

He's only 11 years her senior.

I recall someone (pretty sure it wasn't Panini) waffling on about how BR had effectively caused the death of someone associated with his now wife - perhaps her previous husband? - and taking disproportionate offence on behalf of hearsay, basically. Then there was the guy who just came here to tell us that BR has small man syndrome, repeatedly.

Mind you, holding the first ever team selection in charge against him suggests an irrational grudge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I recall someone (pretty sure it wasn't Panini) waffling on about how BR had effectively caused the death of someone associated with his now wife - perhaps her previous husband? - and taking disproportionate offence on behalf of hearsay, basically. Then there was the guy who just came here to tell us that BR has small man syndrome, repeatedly.

Mind you, holding the first ever team selection in charge against him suggests an irrational grudge.

Badly worded on my part. I make appalling snap judgements on people all the time. A tattoo. The state of the garden. The fit of a suit. 

And then, of course, when you get to know people, those judgemental early prejudices melt away. And that was my point re BR. My initial gut feel was negative..and im happily wrong.

• Like 1

Maybe I've taken too much from his Liverpool reign (or he's learnt from it) but I'm really surprised at the lack of end-to-end thrillers in his tenure. No 3-3s, 4-3s etc, just the odd 4-2 and 5-2. Apart from that it's total demolition (I've just remembered Braga away so there's one).

You think about that 2013/14 season at Liverpool and he had a 6-3, 5-3, 4-3 and two 3-3s. Here, when we score lots, we absolutely whack teams.

9 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I think Ricardo is either lacking confidence or just knackered, and either wouldn't surprise me given the injury he's just come back from (probably still coming back from). It's only due to the amount of injuries that he's been shoved back into the team.

There were a couple of things yesterday where I thought the Ricardo of old would have beat the opposition player first. But I think it's only natural, he'll be back to his old form next season I know it :)

Yes, I believe so too. He's a vital player for us but it was an awful and protracted injury both physically and mentally I would have thought. Good luck to him, he's one of those with a positive energy around the camp and apparently very supportive to young JJ. 

• Like 2

On 15/03/2021 at 19:39, Corky said:

Maybe I've taken too much from his Liverpool reign (or he's learnt from it) but I'm really surprised at the lack of end-to-end thrillers in his tenure. No 3-3s, 4-3s etc, just the odd 4-2 and 5-2. Apart from that it's total demolition (I've just remembered Braga away so there's one).

You think about that 2013/14 season at Liverpool and he had a 6-3, 5-3, 4-3 and two 3-3s. Here, when we score lots, we absolutely whack teams.

Some of that might be down to him having been a younger, possibly more naive manager at the time but he does have a much better defence here despite nearly winning the league at Liverpool. 

I'm still really impressed at how we've managed to grind out results this season when we've had injuries to key players and not played well. Last season we whacked teams for fun but we'd lose important games and look to go toe to toe with everyone. This year we've been more pragmatic and we've got more results as a consequence. If we were full strength all season I reckon we'd have got a few more points still. Credit to Rodgers for taking that approach. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Some of that might be down to him having been a younger, possibly more naive manager at the time but he does have a much better defence here despite nearly winning the league at Liverpool. 

Like Night and Day.

On 15/03/2021 at 15:18, HighPeakFox said:

Believe her ex husband committed suicide in the last couple years. They had a daughter together which is heartbreaking. Divorce is hard enough when you're a kid but to lose a parent on top of that.

3 hours ago, shailen said:

I'm still really impressed at how we've managed to grind out results this season when we've had injuries to key players and not played well. Last season we whacked teams for fun but we'd lose important games and look to go toe to toe with everyone. This year we've been more pragmatic and we've got more results as a consequence. If we were full strength all season I reckon we'd have got a few more points still. Credit to Rodgers for taking that approach. 

.. probably feel the reason  for his pragmatism is down to injuries!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. probably feel the reason  for his pragmatism is down to injuries!!!

Definitely true, but I felt after the first lockdown last season when we'd lost some real key players we carried on playing in the same manner and didn't swallow our ego in games where we'd struggle with the team we put out (Spurs away sticks out). Rodgers has accepted this even when we've had key players back and it's made us 10 times harder to play against imo. 

On 15/03/2021 at 19:43, Grebfromgrebland said:

Reminds me of a joke:

Did you hear about the blind gynecologist?

He could read lips.

Stop fannying about then and tell us the joke. 

• Haha 1

I think Brendan's stumbled onto a formation that really works, despite the injuries. 

Reminds me of England in the World Cup 1986 (?) when Butch Wilkins got sent off and we had to rearrange to an unfamiliar line up and played really well. 

Can't fault him at the minute can ya? We're performing miracles on an average budget, whilst selling a key player every season and whilst suffering so many injuries.

This really feels like a golden era of supporting Leicester, I'm loving it, makes me feel like I'm loving football again, after falling out of love with it over the past few years.

Class. Set up was perfect today and every player knew their role. Even when their cavalry came on I was very nervous as they are quality but we stood up against them and even Hamza on gave them another player to get through. 

The back 3 worked perfectly too. Found a way to get Kelechi and Vardy working together in sync and deserves credit for that. 

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This really feels like a golden era of supporting Leicester, I'm loving it, makes me feel like I'm loving football again, after falling out of love with it over the past few years.

Even if we become a club where this is a regular occasion, we'll never enjoy it as much as we're doing now.