Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

Absolutely top class this season. Managed the squad brilliantly, battling other clubs with huge resources and competing as well as beating them, beaten all the supposed Big Six this season in league and cup.

Bloke deserves enormous credit, so glad he's our manager.

Absolutely. You look at their bench today, then you look at our's. He's seriously overachieving imho.

In other news, I'm glad he persisted with the back three, they're starting to look much more comfortable in that system. Interesting that Wilf often drops deep which allows Soyuncu and Fofana to get really quite wide. They then get forward to support attacks. Some of their forays in attack were outstanding today and United had no answer to it.

He's a seriously clever coach and the players clearly adore him.

• Like 1

I’ll hold my hands up and admit that when he first joined us I thought he’d be here 18 months to 2 years tops before taking a bigger job.

I mistakenly thought it was all about him, his career and his ego, and that he’d jump ship as soon as one of the big boys came knocking.

I now genuinely believe that he actually loves it here. I think he loves the culture and the challenge and is absolutely in his element. Just feels like the perfect fit for us.

(now watch him fvck off to Spurs in the summer lol)

• Haha 1

Brendan has well and truly shown he is a top top manager, I can see he's now one of our biggest assets, players are going to want to sign for us because of Brendan, we should imo give him a new contract and make him highest paid manager in the league with a huge compo fee should he leave.

Which clubs do you think Brendan would leave us for if the offer comes in? 

2 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

His tactics more often then not are spot it. He has developed as a coach here which is so pleasing to see. He’s now getting those wins against the “big 6”. Players developing, young players coming through and the side improving each season. 

When he first arrived he had a reputation for playing all out attack football with no regard for defensive shapes. His Celtic teams got humiliated 6-0 and 7-1 in Europe. To his credit, he seem to have adapted well here, played a variety of formations and tactical approaches. He seem to be a different coach than even in his Celtic days, which was very recent. I think he's food for us and we're good for him

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

He certainly got his message thru to the players today.  It's clear also the that the rest and the weeks coaching has played a big part in our success today.

He must have went through every scenario during the Coaching sessions with the players, as the players were so comfortable throughout the game.

What a job he's done with Kelechi, To turn him into an all round player who also scores while also keeping him onboard and focused. 

The thing I like about Brendan is that he's always got a plan. Whether I agree with it or not he always has one, which is not something you can say about all managers. The way he's adapted the side to cope with injuries by playing different personnel, in different formations, has been fantastic to witness this season. With more time to practice between games you can clearly see the difference in the players, which is testament to the coaching. 

The one thing that has frustrated me about him at times is that he's sometimes a little conservative in his approach. I feel we've gone into some games, particularly against the big sides, with plans to nullify them, but not so much in terms of how we're going to beat them. This season we've done pretty well against the best sides so hopefully this is something he's learning - that critical balance between being too gung ho and too defensive. 

When he arrived I thought it naive to think he'll stay long term given the way he left Celtic. Celtic were supposed to be a team he grew up supporting and he left them on the verge of a treble treble. I'm still not sure that he'd think too hard if the right offer came in for him but, the good thing is, whilst we're competing with the likes of Arsenal and Spurs it might take a really big club to tempt him away.

I'm long since resolved to the fact I think he'll go if the form continues. If he improves us and leaves us in a better place than when he came that's all we perhaps should expect after Celtic. The key with managers, particularly the best ones, is keeping the momentum after they've gone. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Goober said:

Genius. What he's achieved - with our injuries this season - has to have him as favorite for Manager of the Year.

You also have to give credit to our recruitment team, I remembered feeling worried when Steve Walsh left for Everton but the machine keeps rolling and long may it continue 

• Like 3

I love his new ballsy attitude and I feel the players are feeding off it. Still my belief the narrative was wrong last season and we were too passive and accepting of what was going on but this time he's backed us to achieve what we're capable of. Really impressed! 

• Like 1