Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
waylander

Rodgers due respect

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I love his new ballsy attitude and I feel the players are feeding off it. Still my belief the narrative was wrong last season and we were too passive and accepting of what was going on but this time he's backed us to achieve what we're capable of. Really impressed! 

I noticed that as well he probably didn't want to get ahead of his self so to speak but now he knows we are capable of mixing it with the best in the league

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

I noticed that as well he probably didn't want to get ahead of his self so to speak but now he knows we are capable of mixing it with the best in the league

It also dispels a criticism of Rodgers that is often thrown at him (I've been guilty of saying) that he's incapable of change

Would any of us have believed given the end to last season that we’d be fighting for top 4 and in a deep cup run again at this stage of the season? I didn’t foresee this I completely admit that. He’s done incredibly well to pick the boys up from the disappointment last season, he and they deserve enormous credit. We look a real classy outfit at the mo - we don’t look out of place at the top end of the division. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Would any of us have believed given the end to last season that we’d be fighting for top 4 and in a deep cup run again at this stage of the season? I didn’t foresee this I completely admit that. He’s done incredibly well to pick the boys up from the disappointment last season, he and they deserve enormous credit. We look a real classy outfit at the mo - we don’t look out of place at the top end of the division. 

No I feared the worst for us this season. We looked completely on the floor at the end of last season. Remarkable turnaround 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Manini said:

In Brendan, I trust.

It's nice to see him sounding more positive this year. I was annoyed with everything about him towards the end of the last season. Weird decisions, weird post match interviews. To claim a team that had performed how it had done wasn't good enough to finish top 4 seemed very cowardly and like he was making excuses for himself.

For him to take stock over the summer and come back an improved manager is very impressive. This is the crunch now, does the manager and team have some bottle this year. Will we win a semi final we're favourites for? Will we secure a top 4 position with a 7 points lead and 9 games remaining?

We seem a different animal this year, even when not performing brilliantly we've managed to be tough to beat and ground some results out where we might have lost last year.

• Like 1

4th best manager in the league? After Pep, Klopp and Tuchel? Mourinho is finished as an elite manager. 

Edit: forgot about Ancelotti. But his football at Everton is absolutely shocking.

Edited by Koke

25 minutes ago, Koke said:

4th best manager in the league? After Pep, Klopp and Tuchel? Mourinho is finished as an elite manager. 

Edit: forgot about Ancelotti. But his football at Everton is absolutely shocking.

I think he's at least 3rd best, maybe even higher.

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

It also dispels a criticism of Rodgers that is often thrown at him (I've been guilty of saying) that he's incapable of change

yup this season he has worked wonders the players have could have flopped but instead have propelled themselfs to the next level.. great thinga to come if we can keep the managwr and players together and add some more quality

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If he's still here next season and we don't sell any of our stars then we can truly say we've arrived.

This summer will see the big clubs around us try and dismantle us and weaken us. It will be a true test of where we are as a club.

Spot on, I hope we resist. With all of our squad fit at the start of next season with perhaps just 3 incomings, I think we could make some of those 'big' clubs twitch a bit!

12 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

Could Kopp or Pep compete with a much reduced budget and consistently get results??   I don't know, but I have big doubts.

I’d like to see Pep manage a team like Huddersfield for a couple of seasons with no transfers in or out. I’ve no doubt he’d improve them but it would be interesting to see by how much 

No doubt Rodgers has gained by the additional adversity he has faced by Covid and injuries these past 2 seasons. That's the great thing about adversity, as hard as it is to watch and experience. The tool box keeps getting larger to deal with the problems. Much more interesting to me to fix problems with a toolbox than a wallet.

44 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’d like to see Pep manage a team like Huddersfield for a couple of seasons with no transfers in or out. I’ve no doubt he’d improve them but it would be interesting to see by how much 

I reckon Klopp and Pep could manage any team in the Championship with a moderate budget and some of their backroom staff and get them promoted. They'd have the best tactics, preparation and most importantly man management to get enough out of the squad and turn mediocre/good players into very good ones. Not sure it'd work in the Prem where there's too big a gulf in squad quality from top to bottom but they'd have the aura to pull it off in the Championship.

Well done Covid , you little baskets. Its an ill wind etc. Late in life you freed up enough of my time (nothing like solitary confinement for time) to become a fully committed supporter of the club I'd supported since a very young man. By pure luck the first city I lived in with a top level football club was Leicester. Luckily again the second one was Nottingham and I married a Nottingham girl. In hindsight I couldn't have done better, first Forest then Leicester both achieved literally the almost impossible. The Manchesters, Liverpools and Londons had more success in football over my lifespan but I preferred the teams that came from ordinary situations and have hit the heights. Notts County  had their moments and I have n't yet given up hope for them, but they've got to get a move on if I'm going to see it, but 2 out of 3 I'm very grateful for. Given a choice and if French I'd have picked Auxerre,certainly not PSG.

I got a few things wrong when I invested the small amount so that I could watch all 90 minutes of LCFC's matches.  Mainly I massively underestimated Iheanacho as a footballer and a man, but luckily the most important guy to the club's football, BR did n't. I did get one thing right I think. I thought when BR became manager we might achieve even more than 2015/6. Its beginning to look as if that could maybe happen. Like all of one's life its always balanced on a knife edge and something quite small can grow and bugger up the whole shebang. Clough and Taylor, two stubborn guys  lost each other, Clough started drinking far too much and the wheels came off the miracle,big time. Still it did all happen,I'm not grumbling.

I'm hoping BR has had his biggest knockbacks ( having to stop playing, L'pool ) and he continues to develop as a manager and the latest miracle continues. No guarantees of course; Clough lost a miraculous playing career, engineered miracles with Taylor, and then much later faded again. Mainly I think we need  enough luck that BR realises he probably could n't be in a better spot and neither can the club. That bloody knife edge again.Some might say we had our share of luck when we got Jamie Vardy,and Vichai and family. Now we have BR who so far has exceeded my optimistic expectations, while disappointing in a couple of respects.

Still writing a couple of days after Man U and the quarter final we're still moving in the right direction maybe heading for yet more glory still. I'm old enough to be a realist and a cynic and knowing now ,more about the club I've come across a few skeletons but on the whole I genuinely feel we are the good guys and I just hope Foxes everywhere are in for an exciting ride. We might not have seen anything yet. I count on nothing but hope for everything which is about how I like it and it should be.

Edited by Alan Frost

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Although still a twat I prefer Klopp for what he achieved with little financial backing at Mainz. Before he went Dortmund. Pep has had it very easy at Barcelona, Bayern and Man City. 
I would say Rodgers is third behind these 2.

We'll never really know how easy it's been for Pep. If its been as easy as it had admittedly looked you can be sure he's missed a lot compared with what Brendan might experience. I would say Morinho's achievements possibly exceed both Pep and Klopps' although he's a far more complex character imo. Hard to judge ,we never know enough and imo its too early to try to judge BR which is good . We've still got an exciting ride ahead.