Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

They can throw as many bank notes at winning the title as they want, but they’ll never ever be the Man Utd of old, there is no romance about there current squad that they used to portray under Fergie. I don’t care if they win the league this year as far as I’m concerned it counts for nothing when they seemingly can’t adapt to the current market; and we all can see there is no longevity in such transfer strategies. Maybe not this season or the next but they’ll return to mediocrity.

I know what you mean. I feel the other clubs are looking for top talent around the world, especially young players with potential. All they seem to do of late is signed aging superstars or wait for a club like us to take a chance on a player and then pay big money. I'm not even sure they have any scouts.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

What Scholes should be doing is encouraging Man Utd to get a better scouting network, because I think we've signed about 5 or 6 players over the last few years that pundits have demanded they sign from us.

Behind the scenes, Man U actually have restructured their scouting network - hence the likes of Diallo signing and their interest in Caicedo. 

Is anyone going to Scholes that if Man U signed him that they actually couldn't play him as little Wes has played for two clubs this season?

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

They can throw as many bank notes at winning the title as they want, but they’ll never ever be the Man Utd of old, there is no romance about there current squad that they used to portray under Fergie. I don’t care if they win the league this year as far as I’m concerned it counts for nothing when they seemingly can’t adapt to the current market; and we all can see there is no longevity in such transfer strategies. Maybe not this season or the next but they’ll return to mediocrity.

Unfortunately, Man Utd and Liverpool can just bludgeon their way to success to their financial might, also cannot help but feel they lucked out by getting it exactly right with (that toe rag) Bruno Fernandes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Unfortunately, Man Utd and Liverpool can just bludgeon their way to success to their financial might, also cannot help but feel they lucked out by getting it exactly right with (that toe rag) Bruno Fernandes.

Liverpool I’m okay with they actually sell players and invest wisely, Man Utd you feel are just playing career mode on Fifa!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

Liverpool I’m okay with they actually sell players and invest wisely, Man Utd you feel are just playing career mode on Fifa!

Bang on I think, I originally deleted Liverpool when I was typing my post as it didn`t feel quite right, but then again getting the inflated fee's they received also smells a little too me.

• Like 1

Well 'F' me.  These ex-players from the Big 6 (whoops sorry Big 5) are in general, deluded.  This Lock-Down is causing additional mental problems to some of them. I sincerely hope Paul Scholes enjoys a full recovery soon.

Little of Leicester know your place.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 1

Sad reality is he will leave for a Man Utd/Chelsea/PSG/<insert other big clubs> assuming he continues to play like he is and stay injury free. Definitely won't be in Jan, probably won't be in the summer but the summer after they'll come calling. £150k+ in wages and a massive payoff for his agent will be too much of a temptation for them it's then for us about how much we can get and how we invest it as there's no point keeping a player whose head has been turned. His move to us showed how he (i.e. his agent) seem to operate.

If we can buy them for £30m and sell for £80m and in the meantime get to watch him play that works for me!

33 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Well 'F' me.  These ex-players from the Big 6 (whoops sorry Big 5) are in general, deluded.  This Lock-Down is causing additional mental problems to some of them. I sincerely hope Paul Scholes enjoys a full recovery soon.

Little of Leicester know your place.

He's a Ginger nut!

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I know what you mean. I feel the other clubs are looking for top talent around the world, especially young players with potential. All they seem to do of late is signed aging superstars or wait for a club like us to take a chance on a player and then pay big money. I'm not even sure they have any scouts.

They still play a good amount of academy graduates in Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay, Henderson, Williams... heck even Lingard is still there :P

5 minutes ago, shen said:

They still play a good amount of academy graduates in Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay, Henderson, Williams... heck even Lingard is still there :P

Well I'll give you Rashford, and Mctominay to some degree. Greenwood has dropped down the pecking order and they are constantly looking for players in that role. Henderson hardly plays. Williams was playing but they've now paid a decent money for new players in his position when he was already second choice, so he'll be getting very few minutes in future.

Plus doesn't change the fact they are using other teams as a scouting network, letting them take the initial risk and the throwing large sums of money at the transfer.

There was once an admirable Manchester United - pre-Fergie and the many flops who've followed him. That was in the days of Matt Busby and Charlton, Law, Crerand and Best.

The days when ex-players showed some class and kept their mouths shut about what the club should do. Now everyone's got an opinion and they have the social media platforms waiting on their every sound bite - sensible or stupid. And Scholes is well in the latter slot. It's the sense of entitlement - that City would somehow bend to  the will of United to give up a player for some huge sum to better a team which isn't anyway ahead of us - except in the way they use their vast resources to create teams to win trophies.

Sad b'stards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well I'll give you Rashford, and Mctominay to some degree. Greenwood has dropped down the pecking order and they are constantly looking for players in that role. Henderson hardly plays. Williams was playing but they've now paid a decent money for new players in his position when he was already second choice, so he'll be getting very few minutes in future.

Plus doesn't change the fact they are using other teams as a scouting network, letting them take the initial risk and the throwing large sums of money at the transfer.

Like virtually every other mega club, because they can afford to not take that perceived risk.

And Greenwood is still only 19, but has 20 apps already this season admittedly with a pretty poor goals return, so you can understand that he's not yet a permanent starter. Still 8 PL starts and 4 CL starts is not to be sniffed at.

That said, I do agree that a lot of the magic and charm Man Utd had in the 90s/00s has completely evaporated. Much like Arsenal in the days of Henry or even Fabregas. 

2 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Paul Scholes genuinely runs Ryan Giggs close for the biggest dullard in football, Paddy Power uploading an annual video of him hitting a bin from fifteen years in his back garden with the caption "he's still got it!" won't change my mind on that. 

You never heard a peep out of him when he was playing. Now there's no end to the fountain of diarrhea flowing out of his gob. Can't stand him.

• Like 1