Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

6 hours ago, LCFCbwoi said:

Remember when the lad was pushing for a move to us and people were questioning his character and attitude?

I think it’s quite clear the amount of desire and aspiration this kid has, and even though we will only be a stepping stone in his career, I want and expect him to go on to achieve great thing. Colossal. 

Having read/listened about the work permits situation post Brexit, it looks he and his agent might have been right citing that as a reason for wanting to depart. He’d have been borderline for a work permit now 

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He’s not even close to world class yet, he’s not even had a full international cap ffs and he’s played about bout 16 games for us and played like an utter spanner in at least three.

He was brilliant when he first arrived and he’s been brilliant in the last 4 games but I think it’s safe to say we needn’t worry about him leaving for a six figure sum anytime soon. If he doesn’t complete this season and next season as a Leicester city player I’ll be shocked. If he keeps his performances close to the levels we’ve seen in 2/3’s of his games we may well have a problem next summer. But it will be an extremely lucrative problem.

Little Paul Scholes says he should play for ManU. 

4 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

He’s not even close to world class yet, he’s not even had a full international cap ffs and he’s played about bout 16 games for us and played like an utter spanner in at least three.

He was brilliant when he first arrived and he’s been brilliant in the last 4 games but I think it’s safe to say we needn’t worry about him leaving for a six figure sum anytime soon. If he doesn’t complete this season and next season as a Leicester city player I’ll be shocked. If he keeps his performances close to the levels we’ve seen in 2/3’s of his games we may well have a problem next summer. But it will be an extremely lucrative problem.

Not disagreeing on  the basics of the thread, but when he had those "utter spanner" moments, he still had a decent game, and shown he doesn't implode..

I Dont believe he is yet  an automatic selection..but he deserves his accolades & plaudits...

His 2nd season, hopefully Not with so an Intense Covid-bubble...will Show where his career path can Take him....and us..

I do want to See es soon as possible, but  slow progress ,him alongside Soyu to See if they have  Good chemistry...and hopefully both give us a long Term Future creating a Partnership revierd throughout Football...

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If he doesn't start for France in the Euros in the summer then Deschamps is a twat.

France's depth at centre half is frightening to be fair.

Fofana, Varane, Kimpembe, Hernandez, Laporte, Zouma, Lenglet, Upamecano, Pavard (stretch), Kounde, Boly.

They all walk into the English side.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Sensational last night. And he does it whilst looking incredibly grumpy, c'mon Wes give us a smile. 

He looked extremely delighted with Wilf's goal last night. Never seen Lil Wes smile that much, he even did a little dance :D

Actually looking at pictures, the whole squad seemed much more smiley than usual at both goal celebrations. Combined with Madders post match comments, bodes well for team spirit :)

Dear Lord,

Please do not let any Leicester supporter ever be as big a tw*t as the person who wrote this.

"With that said, why shouldn’t Liverpool consider a move for Fofana?........... They have a right to sign whoever they please........."

And Lord, that is not an invitation to list the ones on this site that are already close.

Amen

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2021/01/20/why-liverpool-should-target-leicester-city-defender-wesley-fofana/

Edited by Frank Large's Black Book

10 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

Dear Lord,

Please do not let any Leicester supporter ever be as bigger tw*t as the person who wrote this.

"With that said, why shouldn’t Liverpool consider a move for Fofana? They have a right to sign whoever they please."

And Lord, that is not an invitation to list the ones on this site that are already close.

Amen

https://www.rousingthekop.com/2021/01/20/why-liverpool-should-target-leicester-city-defender-wesley-fofana/

Indeed, signing Fofana would undoubtedly take a gargantuan asking-price, especially when you consider the player’s age and experience. However, Liverpool have proven when the need and availability add up, the club aren’t afraid to spend big.

The successful acquisitions of Van Dijk and Alisson Becker prove as such.

With that said, this piece isn’t a direct link to say the Reds will be after Fofana at all in the future. Moreover, the purpose was to state that a team of Liverpool’s quality should be after the best.

Off the evidence of the 2020/21 campaign, Liverpool could do no better than the outstanding Leicester City defender currently top of the Premier League.

16 hours ago, M0901 said:

He’s world class already. I can’t get my head around just how good he is.

Great with the ball, great at a 1v1 situation, loves a burst forward with the ball, great in the air, I do worry for the summer if we don’t tie up champions league football, this guy is the real deal

Should have put him on 6 or 7 year contracf instead of 5.

• Like 1