Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

13 hours ago, majaco said:

Could Fofana play in midfield if necessary.  He spent a lot of yesterday's match there anyway!

He started out at Saint Etienne as a CDM and won a youth cup with them in that position.

I am sure he could adapt quite easily, but unless there's a pressing need for him to do so, he's well on the way to becoming one of the best CB's in Europe so the coaching team will work with him on that. Perhaps if both Ndidi and Mendy were out injured and Hamza leaves we might see him put in that role though. Fabinho for Liverpool this season has played as a CB because Van Dijk is out injured, so perhaps later in his career it's possible for Fofana to also switch position.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Very quiet on social media today, wonder if he's in a huff because he got subbed? 

He better grow up then because he plays for a big club in the most competitive league in the world. Nobody plays every match. So happy that we finally have this problem(competition).

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Very quiet on social media today, wonder if he's in a huff because he got subbed? 

I`m only going on what they were saying on radio Leicester after the game, so it`s possible they were seeing something that wasn`t really there,  but they said when he came off and the staff were trying to give him a well done tap on the shoulder, he was shrugging them off, and didn`t look happy at all.

It was the right decision to sub him though, because he was on a yellow card and had just pulled out of a tackle around the half way line because he knew if he made the tackle and got it wrong he could have been sent off.

Cags was excellent when he came on too, but i don`t think that Fofana will be thinking that he should be playing second fiddle to anyone.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I`m only going on what they were saying on radio Leicester after the game, so it`s possible they were seeing something that wasn`t really there,  but they said when he came off and the staff were trying to give him a well done tap on the shoulder, he was shrugging them off, and didn`t look happy at all.

It was the right decision to sub him though, because he was on a yellow card and had just pulled out of a tackle around the half way line because he knew if he made the tackle and got it wrong he could have been sent off.

Cags was excellent when he came on too, but i don`t think that Fofana will be thinking that he should be playing second fiddle to anyone.

He did look a bit unhappy when he came off on TV. He ignored Rodgers. Maybe it was nothing and was just him being disappointed with himself not knowing how to react. It was the right call. He was also out of position after his dashing runs a few times allowing Southampton to counter with Evans and the two full backs stretched. After Cags came on, we looked a lot more in control and assured at the back. Fofana played well, but it was the right move to take him off.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

He did look a bit unhappy when he came off on TV. He ignored Rodgers. Maybe it was nothing and is just him being disappointed with himself not knowing how to react. It was the right call. He was also out of position after his dashing runs a few times allowing Southampton to counter with Evans and the two full backs stretched. After Cags came on, we looked a lot more in control and assured at the back. Fofana played well, but it was the right move to being him off.

He's bound to see the writing on the wall, bless him, Cags is pretty much the finished article and Wes will have seen that in training. It's hard to drop him when he has given his all, but this period has showcased his ability. BR must be over the moon with him.

We can now protect all 3 with a bit of crafty rotation, knowing the standard remains excellent whoever starts. I have also been a bit concerned that Wes has been carrying a sore knee at points, so we can manage that better.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Wes has been fantastic given he had zero settling in time. The rough edges are temporary, the class is permanent.

We are truly blessed with quality right across the defensive line, the standard has never been higher.

Unfair on Zac Whitbread and Matt Mills.

• Haha 1

He’s world class already. I can’t get my head around just how good he is.

Great with the ball, great at a 1v1 situation, loves a burst forward with the ball, great in the air, I do worry for the summer if we don’t tie up champions league football, this guy is the real deal

• Like 3