Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

12 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Lol have you seen our set pieces?!

Yes - and they've been truly dreadful this season. However, Maddison actually did swing in two or three beauties against Newcastle. Definite improvement from him in that game.

Edited by zealot
sp.
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, zealot said:

Yes - and they've been truly dreadful this season. However, Maddison actually did swung in two or three beauties against Newcastle. Definite improvement from him in that game.

Madders has finally been getting some height to his set pieces, must have been popping those helium balloons with his darts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

What a signing.

Young, composed and defends well, which daft as it sounds is an overlooked quality in defenders these days eg Stones, Luis 

People look for these qualities but a couple of mistakes and reputation seems to drop like a stone. 

Those criticising Maguire for his tenure at Leicester must have short-term memories. An £80m player he may not have been and we were right to sell to that Manchester team, however he certainly shored up our defence and made some quite tasty runs up field which is something we didn't have in our team previously.

If you have 10 and a half mins of your life to spare just check out this vid showing some prime Maguire at Leicester, he was surely one of our better players and improved our side no end. Yes, Evans was a great player beside him but you could argue that Little Wes also looks so good because he has a "proper defender" next to him and if/when we trial the Little Wes / Cags partnership it may not be as wonderful as we all imagine.

Luckily for us we sold Maguire with a great player in Soyuncu ready and waiting in the wings and we have since signed the awesome Wesley Fofana, but make no mistake Maguire was (and still is) an awesome defender.

• Like 2

It's complete revisionism by the leicester fanbase to claim that Maguire turned into some sort of donkey after he left us. Yes, we negotiated a fantastic price as he selling club, but he was a great player for us. Had he stayed, there's no way he would have lost his place to Soyuncu. 

At Leicester his flaws were covered by Evans. He doesn't have a similar partner at Man U, which leaves him exposed. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

This lad is a winner. I love the way he celebrates our goals. He looks destined for the very top.

There we full newspaper articles about how Bruno Fernandes celebrated a Man Utd last minute winner or something along those lines a few weeks back. Wes celebrated more for Madison's goal the weekend just gone lol

So weird to think we've not seen him or Castagne in the flesh but they're already loved.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Imagine getting fired because you didnt want someone as kak as slimani added to the deal. I thought they did pretty well with their negotiation with us in all honesty

Yeah they got a good few. They could’ve ended up with West Ham paying 20million euros if we didn’t get involved and Fofana kicked up a fuss. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Imagine getting fired because you didnt want someone as kak as slimani added to the deal. I thought they did pretty well with their negotiation with us in all honesty

Slimani in the French league would be good though. I'm not surprised they wanted him. 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Slimani in the French league would be good though. I'm not surprised they wanted him. 

Another year on his legs, mostly without playing. Big wages.... could see him flopping once again at Lyon

Edited by Lambert09

Lil Wes  for a young lad has slotted in brilliantly and we have hardly missed Soyuncu.

My only downside would be the lack of dominance in the air. He had a big reputation, constantly boosted by BR..

Is it just me though that thinks he doesn’t look as commanding in the air as has been portrayed..

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Who wants the pleasure of telling them the release clause?

It really is laughable. The sad thing is there are Man U plastics lapping up this sort of crap that still think they can have any player they want. Have they not learnt anything. 

:nigel:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Who wants the pleasure of telling them the release clause?

Well put it this way, he won’t be leaving this summer... so let’s say he performs to the same level next season where he’ll be 21, Maguire was 25 when he left for £80m so at what value would the club put fofana at potential and performances considered? £100m+ bids at least and that’s just the starting price. We can’t really lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

What Scholes should be doing is encouraging Man Utd to get a better scouting network, because I think we've signed about 5 or 6 players over the last few years that pundits have demanded they sign from us.

They can throw as many bank notes at winning the title as they want, but they’ll never ever be the Man Utd of old, there is no romance about there current squad that they used to portray under Fergie. I don’t care if they win the league this year as far as I’m concerned it counts for nothing when they seemingly can’t adapt to the current market; and we all can see there is no longevity in such transfer strategies. Maybe not this season or the next but they’ll return to mediocrity.

• Like 1