Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

He's going to abroad for £150m. Can't see Man Utd being rinsed twice. Can't see Man City breaking their tight transfer cap. Can't see Chelsea buying any more. Liverpool haven't broken the bank since van Dijk. Fofana will down tools to force the move to PSG, Real or Barca. Until then let's enjoy his football. We might even get to see him knock a corner in.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not sure it would work. 

Evans is the experienced Head helping Wes or Cags.

Similar to how Huth had the knowledge and got the defence organised.

I think they're both better than Evans, individually, but his experience is vital in guiding the younger players.

Fofana, Evans and Cags in a back 3 could be incredible.

Cags and Demiral work well together for turkey and theyre both loose cannons. I just cant see how cags and fofana would fail, too much pace and game intelligence between those two for it not to at least be the sum of its parts (two extremely high quality centrebacks) and for me it very well has the potential to be a patnership where they make each other better.

6 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Cags and Demiral work well together for turkey and theyre both loose cannons. I just cant see how cags and fofana would fail, too much pace and game intelligence between those two for it not to at least be the sum of its parts (two extremely high quality centrebacks) and for me it very well has the potential to be a patnership where they make each other better.

I hope you're right and as I say, I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Evans was slated on here a few weeks ago for a loss of form, but he's still pure class. His reading of the game is exceptional. 

Whichever way you look at it, it's a nice problem to have.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Brilliant reaction from Wesley, showing grace under pressure.

and that beauty is made possible by his seamless partnership with Evans. The dance they do allowing one to be aggressive while the other stays back I'll never figure out. Amazing how well they work together.

14 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I hope you're right and as I say, I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Evans was slated on here a few weeks ago for a loss of form, but he's still pure class. His reading of the game is exceptional. 

Whichever way you look at it, it's a nice problem to have.

Yh i think that may have partly been me. I still think soyuncu and fofana are better for building up from the back because of their passing ability but the priority of defenders is to defend and evans has been an absolute rolls royce since the man united game, back to his best. Im still excited to see a soyuncu fofana partnership but on current form you cant complain with how fantastic evans fofana has been, as you said it's a good problem to have.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Yh i think that may have partly been me. I still think soyuncu and fofana are better for building up from the back because of their passing ability but the priority of defenders is to defend and evans has been an absolute rolls royce since the man united game, back to his best. Im still excited to see a soyuncu fofana partnership but on current form you cant complain with how fantastic evans fofana has been, as you said it's a good problem to have.

The option of the 3 of them fully fit for when Brendan feels 3 CB's are needed is exciting. 

Especially with the choice of wing backs we have.

You could almost play Evans as a sweeper and have Fofana and Cags roaming forward in to midfield, with Ricardo, Justin, Castagne or Albrighton dropping back to fill in!!!!

33 minutes ago, moseeds said:

He's going to abroad for £150m. Can't see Man Utd being rinsed twice. Can't see Man City breaking their tight transfer cap. Can't see Chelsea buying any more. Liverpool haven't broken the bank since van Dijk. Fofana will down tools to force the move to PSG, Real or Barca. Until then let's enjoy his football. We might even get to see him knock a corner in.

Nobody is gonna pay 150mill for a defender. 

Remember when the lad was pushing for a move to us and people were questioning his character and attitude?

I think it’s quite clear the amount of desire and aspiration this kid has, and even though we will only be a stepping stone in his career, I want and expect him to go on to achieve great thing. Colossal.