Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Best thing about him I can say is that since signing Evans, Fofana has been the only central defensive partner to be the better of the two.

Evans was always the man while Maguire and Soyuncu got the plaudits but Fofana has been the better of the two recently for me.

20 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

Greatest defender since Maldini...40 yard dribble and top bins finish just waiting to happen

Genuinely was thinking the same re long range strike in recent games - in my mind it was an outside of the foot curler (reminiscent of Julian Joachim versus Barnsley).

He's bound to get 3-4 headed goals a season too once he finds his range... He seems to almost be trying too hard to get a goal at the mo - if he relaxes a bit more I think they'll come.

:fofana:

Edited by zealot

50 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

43 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Arsenal fans will still try to argue differently lol 

Same thing might've happened to Lil'Wes had he gone to Arsenal. 

8 hours ago, zealot said:

Genuinely was thinking the same re long range strike in recent games - in my mind it was an outside of the foot curler (reminiscent of Julian Joachim versus Barnsley).

He's bound to get 3-4 headed goals a season too once he finds his range... He seems to almost be trying too hard to get a goal at the mo - if he relaxes a bit more I think they'll come.

:fofana:

Lol have you seen our set pieces?!

• Haha 1

I love the way he gets forward. He darted 50 yards before the Maddison goal but I did wonder why he made that type of run from a CB and it isn't a run Johnny Evan's woukd make. Either way I liked it and hopefully with some confidence he'll start barking for the ball on these run. At least his runs aren't as obvious as slab heads either! 

• Like 1

Just now, UHDrive said:

I love the way he gets forward. He darted 50 yards before the Maddison goal but I did wonder why he made that type of run from a CB and it isn't a run Johnny Evan's would make. Either way I liked it and hopefully with some confidence he'll start barking for the ball on these run. At least his runs aren't as obvious as slab heads either! 

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

That's because Fofana actually runs, Slabhead sort of meandered like a tugboat that’s rope had come loose in a harbour 😁

I couldn't believe he was that quick and I thought it was ndidi in the beginning! If brendan has given him free reign then fantastic and all the better for the team against opposition teams to mix it up (if our defence then defends if we get caught out 🙃)

On 03/01/2021 at 13:43, Reginaldo said:

Greatest defender since Maldini...40 yard dribble and top bins finish just waiting to happen

when Wesley fofana  was bombing down the left wing..: it was the stuff of dreams...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I love the way he gets forward. He darted 50 yards before the Maddison goal but I did wonder why he made that type of run from a CB and it isn't a run Johnny Evan's woukd make. Either way I liked it and hopefully with some confidence he'll start barking for the ball on these run. At least his runs aren't as obvious as slab heads either! 

Jonny Evans is the brains of the backline and Fofana is the athlete. 

There's nothing wrong in marauding up the left wing from centreback.  The space had opened up, the break was on and he was expecting a return pass.  Wilf would have sat in as cover.

27 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

That's because Fofana actually runs, Slabhead sort of meandered like a tugboat that’s rope had come loose in a harbour 😁

Do people actually believe this or is it "banter"? Don't get me wrong United overpaid but personally I thought he was excellent in his time here especially his first season. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Do people actually believe this or is it "banter"? Don't get me wrong United overpaid but personally I thought he was excellent in his time here especially his first season. 

I thought he started out poorly for the first 10 or so games (making several mistakes leading to goals, similar to JJ post lockdown) and gradually improved over rest of the season to be pretty decent. Same for his second season, started poorly then improved. Seems to be following a similar pattern at Man U.

Quite a few of us on here were surprised that he won fans' POTY over Vardy that first season too. Might have been down to the same reasons he got overrated in the media (and subsequently scored us the 80m) - England call ups and a catchy chant.

Edited by brucey

17 minutes ago, murphy said:

Jonny Evans is the brains of the backline and Fofana is the athlete. 

There's nothing wrong in marauding up the left wing from centreback.  The space had opened up, the break was on and he was expecting a return pass.  Wilf would have sat in as cover.

It would make more sense if soyuncu and fofana partneres games and took turns with wilf covering. Seems disjointed and more obvious to opposing teams with Evan's being the one sitting back.

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

I thought for both seasons here, he started out poorly for the first 10 or so games (making several mistakes leading to goals, similar to JJ post lockdown) and gradually improved over rest of the season to be pretty decent.

I remember quite a few of us on here was surprised that he won fans' POTY over Vardy that first season too.

Could be my memory isn't what it was. I remember being very impressed with him in his first season.

I tell you who I do remember being shite when he first arrived - jonny Evans I remember his debut against wolves looked like he hadn't played football before. Luckily it worked out in the end! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

It was meant tongue in cheek in fairness, I thought he was brilliant for us and behaved impeccably throughout the transfer saga as well. In regard to his forays forward however, he's wasn't actually a Rio Ferdinand either. Sometimes his movement forward with the ball was such that by the time he'd got to the half-way line the impetus was lost, defences had dropped back and players like Vardy were now marked. He did a very honest and decent job for us but I wouldn't swap him for Soyuncu or Fofana because I think they are better players already let alone in a few years. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

It's banter.  Personally, I would have liked him to stay.  However, I think if we resigned him, he would be our fourth best centre back.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Could be my memory isn't what it was. I remember being very impressed with him in his first season.

I tell you who I do remember being shite when he first arrived - jonny Evans I remember his debut against wolves looked like he hadn't played football before. Luckily it worked out in the end! 

Evan's always takes a few games to get up to speed but when he does he is one of the best . 

With Maguire it was his runs forward that caught the eye but from a defensive point of view he is not a 80 million pound defender.