Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

• 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

well if you're quoting chelsea £80m, you need to be paying the player more than £40k/week ....................

Oh yeah not knocking it, works out for us in terms of the selling price, it's mad what it's become.

• Like 1

Protects our investment in Little Wes. If he comes back for the second half of the season, we'd have to sell this summer to get any decent wedge for him. In 2023, he'd only have two years left. This way, even if it's only a year extension, we can (hopefully) give him 18 months and then make a big sale if he wants to go.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It's mental nowadays. He signed a 5 year deal when he signed, a year ago, and now in talks again, having played less than 30 games.

part of it is about increasing his sell on value as much as getting him to stay longer

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Not sure why he'd sign this when we already know the big boys are keen already? 

Because

• Contracts mean very little in terms of retaining someone’s services?
  • We we’re good to him and for him?
  • He gets more money and security?
  • He likes it here?

But maybe it was or should be, a rhetorical question?

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Because

• Contracts mean very little in terms of retaining someone’s services?
  • We we’re good to him and for him?
  • He gets more money and security?
  • He likes it here?

But maybe it was or should be, a rhetorical question?

If Chelsea are ready to put money on the table for him this summer, and he'll know already if this is the case, then all of the above become redundant. 

He gets away easier by not signing one. 

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

If Chelsea are ready to put money on the table for him this summer, and he'll know already if this is the case, then all of the above become redundant. 

He gets away easier by not signing one. 

You assume it is in a players best interest to get the big move early in a players career?

33 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I mean now this news has come out it wouldn’t surprise me if the Chelsea stuff was all the usual agent games to get him a better deal with us as usually happens when out players are in talks for new deals

I have no doubt the big boys will be interested at some point, but they won’t go near him for the fee we would want until they see how he comes back from his injury which could take ages

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

I mean now this news has come out it wouldn’t surprise me if the Chelsea stuff was all the usual agent games to get him a better deal with us as usually happens when out players are in talks for new deals

I have no doubt the big boys will be interested at some point, but they won’t go near him for the fee we would want until they see how he comes back from his injury which could take ages

Agreed with potentially Azpilicueta, Rudiger and Christensen leaving they will probably want someone more established for the immediate future… 

Vestergaard? :ph34r:

Just now, Foxes96 said:

Agreed with potentially Azpilicueta, Rudiger and Christensen leaving they will probably want someone more established for the immediate future… 

Vestergaard? :ph34r:

Probably Kounde with how much they chased him last year, and I think they will manage to keep Azpi and Christensen, Rudiger probably off to Madrid

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Because if his salary was increased to  say 80k per week with us then any new club would have to significantly advance that to a higher level than they would if he was on 40k per week.

Also most significantly his agent will get more money.

6 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I assume that he would want to go to Chelsea if he could, considering he has already spoken about them...regardless of when in his career that is. 

Did he? Did not know this, got a link? Or is it just agent, paper talk?