Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

8 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Football Twitter are such weirdos he had to post that about it all ffs

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was a bit of a breach of his contract or any players contracts to he honest. Once in the public domain always in the public domain in terms of club imaging rights. I can see both ways to be honest.

I strongly doubt he's in breach of anything here.

Total non story which as @moore_94 shows, football twitter as its most ridiculous.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lcfc81 said:

I think when he got injured against Tottenham that was the defining moment in our push for the champions League. What an excellent player. 

It was typical of our whole season to be honest. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Devohn said:

Didn't Maddison wear a Derby County shirt because he lost bet. Doubt anyone cares if Fofana swapped shirts with an Arsenal fan, in fact players swap shirts with other players on the pitch sometimes.

Vardy wore an Arsenal shirt on the pitch once after swapping it post match, the summer after being linked to them. But he turned it inside out presumably to avoid any image rights/brand issue. 

0_618971.jpeg

Although tbh I'm not totally convinced by Fofana's explanation. I'm sure I've seen a different pic of him sleeping in this seasons Arsenal shirt floating around Twitter a few months ago. His best friend Saliba is a massive Arsenal fan, they have very similar backgrounds and grew up together so him being an Arsenal fan too would make sense. 

Edited by brucey

13 minutes ago, brucey said:

Vardy wore an Arsenal shirt on the pitch once after swapping it post match, the summer after being linked to them. But he turned it inside out presumably to avoid any image rights/brand issue. 

0_618971.jpeg

Although tbh I'm not totally convinced by Fofana's explanation. I'm sure I've seen a different pic of him sleeping in this seasons Arsenal shirt floating around Twitter a few months ago. His best friend Saliba is a massive Arsenal fan, they have very similar backgrounds and grew up together so him being an Arsenal fan too would make sense. 

It was a shirt he had been given by Saliba who is probably one of his best friends, he was very happy Saliba had been "freed" from Arsenal when he got a loan move in January, so in that case he is clearly supporting his friend rather than Arsenal

Edited by moore_94

What a signing Wesley Fofana is. 

One of the highlights for me was his attitude and demeanour as he walked out for the FA Cup Final.

This was a player who was loving the occasion and you could easily see his confidence. I just knew from then he'd have an excellent game. He wasn't intimidated by the match at all. 

Hopefully we buy more players with this winning mentality, as Rodgers has indicated. 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He’s an arsenal fan and like many plastic arsenal fans at the moment he’s embarrassed and going full denial mode! My wifes cousin is all of a sudden massive Leicester fan now

My wife's an Arsenal fan, (grew up near Highbury and isn't 'plastic'), but after the ESL debacle has taken down most of her Arsenal related stuff, except for the poster of Wrighty...  I should really put a Vardy poster next to it - but haven't got round to it yet...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

My wife's an Arsenal fan, (grew up near Highbury and isn't 'plastic'), but after the ESL debacle has taken down most of her Arsenal related stuff, except for the poster of Wrighty...  I should really put a Vardy poster next to it - but haven't got round to it yet...

That would be appropriate, they have certain anomalies and similarities in their careers that are unusual for top level footballers. Both started late at the top level before taking it by storm, (think Wright was 26 before he played in the top league) and both were criminally underused by England. Both have one league title. Vardy still has time to equal Wright's 2 FA cups and 1 European trophy and 1 league cup, even though Wright is ahead at this point.  That would be a hell of a couple of seasons for us if he did that tbf.

Fofana wearing an Arsenal top, doesn't bother me in the slightest, even if it's true.

• Like 1

I couldn't care less what he does in his own time or who he supports.

If we were to only sign Leicester fans; we'd very quickly have to be forgetting about league wins and FA cups.

Half term is nearly finished; so all the crybabies will be back at school tomorrow.

11 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I strongly doubt he's in breach of anything here.

Total non story which as @moore_94 shows, football twitter as its most ridiculous.

How is it a non story? We know imaging rights formulate a massive part of any professional players contracts between them and the club. For someone you've spent £35mil on I doubt the club will be impressed wearing a rivals shirt and I'm adamant that it contravenes part of their contract however lighthearted the situation, whether floating around "football twitter" or not.

The excuse used by Fofana was BS. But....I don't personally care. Just pointing the legalities of it out.

• Haha 1

Sadly players need to be cuter

its no issue for him to put on the shirt if it’s the result of a bet but he could have dealt with this by tweeting the image himself and stating it was the result of a bet ....... madders did this with the derby shirt 

just saying that he shouldn’t do it ignores the reality of human nature ...... and he will support someone so why shouldn’t he be able to wear their shirt if he so wishes, especially in the close season.