Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

1 hour ago, Guy said:

Well said! I did express such sentiments as this by even starting a thread on Puel and the club's recruitment in his time here this afternoon! I expected either a bit of a backlash or nothing really constructive (thinking everybody would be hung over from Wembley's euphoria today!!) but seeing how the post blossomed more than I expected earlier today with positive and sensible comments, then it seems as if a lot of people now realise that Puel played a crucial part in where we are now.

That including the recruiting Fofana from Puel's St Etienne as the latest example, by hook or by crook! That as well as overseeing the tragic Vichai helicopter crash aftermath an leading us to a couple of reasonable league seasons - while engineering deals to ensure Ricardo, Tielemans, Evans and Soyuncu were a part of our club. Rodgers has since added the golden touches and turned us into a real force but Puel's contributions shouldn't be altogether forgotten or overlooked entirely, which thankfully they haven't been! 

You don't get to European finals and FA Cup finals by not knowing what you are at. He's an excellent Manager who had a lot to contend with while here. His real problem was his English wasn't very good and he maybe had trouble getting his message across and convincing the players.

I think he would have delivered success also though it may have taken a little longer, Who knows now.

Brendan has come in and continued working in a similar vein by encourage the players to play football. His communication is excellent and he has all the players on the same page, and despite making some mistakes along the way is improving the team further.  No one can say Puel was a failure here, He more than played his part in yesterday's success. Similar to Pearson's legacy which Ranieri capitalized on in winning the League title.

Let's all hope Brendan can keep the momentum of success going forward. Which I've every confidence he will with the quality of targets we're being linked with.

3 hours ago, 4everfox said:

Ndidi > Kante

I thought Ndidi schooled Kante yesterday.

Kante lorded the first 30 minutes or so. He was like a wasp.

He was the big danger to us beforehand and if he hit 9/10 the result might have went the other way.

He still had a good game but his influence waned considerably as the game went on. He's some player but he's not had it easy facing us recently.

Huge credit is due to the management and keeping him somewhat honest.

I thought completely the opposite...

Kante was everywhere...Ndidi struggled to cope...We grew into the game but not really from anything that Wilf did imo...

Kante is one of a kind...

Edited by Rigga
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Seeing wes in tears leaving the pitch :nono:

that’s the passion we need!! Desperate to play his part. Absolutely love the guy 

To quote Robert Huth - crying on the pitch should be a red card offence. 

• Haha 1

Same as the poster above....if Fofana plays the 90 we would've won yesterday. He had Kane in his pocket whilst he was on the pitch. 

He is so good it is unreal. Pace, power and reads the game intelligently. A season or two from now he'll be at Barca or Madrid I'm confident of that.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'm annoyed at the club if we allowed him to play yesterday knowing his hamstring wasn't fully at it, really poor I thought. Hopefully he's not out too long.

He wanted tonply and the alternatives were Morgan, Amartey or Ndidi. Can see why they risked it, players play carrying injuries all the while, we only find out when they then get injured enough not to play.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

I'm annoyed at the club if we allowed him to play yesterday knowing his hamstring wasn't fully at it, really poor I thought. Hopefully he's not out too long.

The worrying thing is that's not the first time we've done that. A couple of times we've put on players who should be resting or aren't ready to come back and they've seen their issue exacerbated and made worse. Ricardo and Maddison come to mind, Evans the other day. 

5 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

The worrying thing is that's not the first time we've done that. A couple of times we've put on players who should be resting or aren't ready to come back and they've seen their issue exacerbated and made worse. Ricardo and Maddison come to mind, Evans the other day. 

We’ve been doing it all season. Pretty much every PL club has. Kante a perfect example of that for Chelsea in recent days. 

Can everyone remember the outrage with our starting XI in the second leg v Slavia? Every body moaned about Barnes and Castagne not starting. Barnes was already injured, we threw him on with thirty to play and eventually against Arsenal it manifested into something more. If we hadn’t have risked certain players, we’d have ended up fielding teams similar to what we did in the 5th Round of Cup, 

What do folk want? A risk whilst challenging or keep playing kids such as Vontae Campbell et al

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We’ve been doing it all season. Pretty much every PL club has. Kante a perfect example of that for Chelsea in recent days. 

Can everyone remember the outrage with our starting XI in the second leg v Slavia? Every body moaned about Barnes and Castagne not starting. Barnes was already injured, we threw him on with thirty to play and eventually against Arsenal it manifested into something more. If we hadn’t have risked certain players, we’d have ended up fielding teams similar to what we did in the 5th Round of Cup, 

What do folk want? A risk whilst challenging or keep playing kids such as Vontae Campbell et al

This is what you face when you've got 14/15 quality players and the rest are a way back in terms of quality. You always want your best available team for these games even if they aren't fully fit.

3 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Ndidi came back too soon as well, and Vardy hasn't been right for some time.

I hate transfer windows. I want to keep our guys. We'll nearly all of them.