Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Wesley Fofana: Signs For LCFC

Guest StevieLynex
1 hour ago, Richard said:

Real would have him as a Ramos replacement if they could afford him

Why would he go to a side that was beaten by Chelsea, a side that we are above in the league?

2 hours ago, Le Renard said:

Can you be a legend already at 20 years of age? 

Yep, him and Thomas (19 years old) already are for helping us to win the trophy. Plus both have played a good number of games for us already this season. In the final both were immense and both have had valuable contributions to the club throughout the season.

Of course they can further add to their legendary status the longer they are here with us. Kante only played one season with us but is often regarded as more of a legend for us than Ndidi (something I think needs correcting, Wilf has played over 140 times for us!), but that status is deserved given what he did for us. So both players will never be forgotten but both also have a real chance to become super heroes!

Vardy, Schmeichel, Morgan, Albrighton are all in "build a statue" territory for me given 3 of those 4 were with us in the Championship and all 4 with us for the great escape, Title win, Champions League adventure and FA Cup win. But who knows what lies ahead for future Foxes? Youri Tielemans I imagine ends up at Real Madrid / Barcelona / Bayern Munich, but IF he somehow decided to make Leicester HIS club, he potentially could become even more of a legend than even those 4. That goal will quite simply be an iconic part of Foxes folklore forever more!

• Like 1

Just now, 4everfox said:

Ndidi > Kante

I thought Ndidi schooled Kante yesterday.

Indeed he did! We love Kante for what he did in 15/16 but he left as soon as possible. Even mardy Mahrez stuck around for a few more. 

So it will be interesting to see what happens to Fofana. I bet if he really wanted to he could leave already, but he looks happy here and I think we’ll get 3-4 more seasons out of him yet. 

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

Ndidi > Kante

I thought Ndidi schooled Kante yesterday.

That's a bit overstated IMO - Kante was by far and away their best player, he was just let down by those around him - I wouldn't like to have to pick between them...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, shen said:

Kanté was excellent. Think your bias is showing a bit. It was his cross Chilwell almost scored from as well. He was easily their best player in the night, if not as effective as against Real Madrid.

But this thread is about Fofana who was magnificent throughout.

Agree, he was better than Wilf and Ngolo. :ph34r:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Leeds Fox said:

Imagine having the two of them in a midfield 3 with Youri. 

Meh - the universe wouldn't allow it :P

Little Wes is hopefully going to get better behind Wilf, too.  IMO he and Caglar were both a little exposed yesterday by not having Wilf playing at DM in front of them in the first half after Evans had to go off.

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, shen said:

Kanté was excellent. Think your bias is showing a bit. It was his cross Chilwell almost scored from as well. He was easily their best player in the night, if not as effective as against Real Madrid.

But this thread is about Fofana who was magnificent throughout.

Of course I'm biased, we just won THE cup. I'm elated to be honest, all of our players are the best players in the world to me right now :scarf:

• Thanks 1

Kante was excellent yesterday, especially second half. Wilf became less influential as the game went on imo, it was more about keeping our shape rather than him hunting the ball.

Ndidi is great and about as good a Kante replacement as we could have hoped for, but Kante is a one of a kind player.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think that’s a bit blue maroon specs, but he certainly went toe to toe and did not come out badly. Go Wilf. :scarf:

I thought Kante was his sublime and now annoying self 1st half. A little better that Ndidi. 2nd half Ndidi was boss until we sat back rather perilously. All in all I agree, I think they were pretty even. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

That should be Sir Claude Puel. His judgement of players is up there with the best.

Youri, Ricardo, Fofana. All Puel players. That's  200 to 250 Millions pounds worth of Players.

He deserves more credit on here than he gets.

Well said! I did express such sentiments as this by even starting a thread on Puel and the club's recruitment in his time here this afternoon! I expected either a bit of a backlash or nothing really constructive (thinking everybody would be hung over from Wembley's euphoria today!!) but seeing how the post blossomed more than I expected earlier today with positive and sensible comments, then it seems as if a lot of people now realise that Puel played a crucial part in where we are now.

That including the recruiting Fofana from Puel's St Etienne as the latest example, by hook or by crook! That as well as overseeing the tragic Vichai helicopter crash aftermath an leading us to a couple of reasonable league seasons - while engineering deals to ensure Ricardo, Tielemans, Evans and Soyuncu were a part of our club. Rodgers has since added the golden touches and turned us into a real force but Puel's contributions shouldn't be altogether forgotten or overlooked entirely, which thankfully they haven't been! 

Edited by Guy
  • Like 1

What's impressed me most about Little Wes is some of his best performances have come against the top 6 teams/ higher pressure games. He's also matured as the season progressed and the last two games has been the stand out defender, while our leader at the back has been missing.  For a 20 year old in his first full senior season, i didn't think we'd be getting a player performing anywhere near these levels

• Like 1