Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Luton Town agree to sign Leicester City 22-yr-old - Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Spot on.

Firstly does he have a recall option? Secondly how long is Praet going to be out for? If it's longer than 6/8 weeks (which looks likely) then we need another body. An injury to Maddison and Tielemans and we'd be ****ed for the next 2 months.

Praet is a weird one to replace because he hasn't really played centre mid, he's either been from the right or in Maddison's position. I haven't seen too much of KDH admittedly but I think he plays a bit deeper, more like Tielemans and he would replace someone Choudhury in the squad if he was to go out on loan. 

I'd be looking in the transfer market for someone who can play across the attacking positions, who plays in a similar way to Praet. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Your basing that position on the worse case scenario. Which may or may not occur. As it stands we have a pretty in impressive squad with talent sitting consistently on the bench. I wouldn't want KDH's to development and progress to be halted warming our bench. 

You can write pretty much the same thing for the flip side of the argument. Your basing your position on the best case scenario. Which may or may not occur. As it stands we have a pretty in impressive first 11, but no obvious replacement for Youri. I wouldn't want our progress to be halted by not having a suitable replacement on the bench.

I'd certainly prefer our management team to plan for the worst case scenario, whether that's recalling KDH, or looking to the loan market

Edited by Fktf

If Praet is actually out for three months, that leaves us with three defensive midfielders and one number 8, that is neither strong or good enough.

Praet is the only player who can step into Youri’s position when either rested or injured, KDH is the only other player we have on our books who can fill Youri’s role, therefore he must be recalled or we either dip into the loan market.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Im firmly in the recall camp now. Unless Praets injury turns out to be minor. We need to learn from last season. We wont win a game if Tielemans is out... or even when he is too tired to perform. 10-15 minutes of premier league or EL football every other week, Fa Cup football and games when needed as cover for me is going to be better for him then finishing his loan. 

He's going to return next season to do exactly this... but with Praet out its open for him to do this right now. 

Im seriously worried we find ourselves with another Bennett coming in on deadline day that we have to use far more than we hoped. Please please please learn from last year

Deadline day move for Joe Allen :ph34r:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Reeks of when we recalled Barnes from Barnsley. Waste of time.

Reeks of when we recalled Barnes from

West Brom actually. At Barnsley his form had dropped off a fair bit but even so there was some political reason why he returned.

At West Brom he was recalled to give him a few months in and around the squad in a position we needed an extra body in. They were gutted to lose him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Given the amount of fixtures we have, I think it is a great idea to recall KDH. With Praet injured we can’t run Youri into the ground and it would be crazy to sign someone (loan or perm) unfamiliar with the squad when we have a solution at the club.

Here’s hoping that Big Bren gives him the opportunities and KDH shows us what he’s got  

3 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Given the amount of fixtures we have, I think it is a great idea to recall KDH. With Praet injured we can’t run Youri into the ground and it would be crazy to sign someone (loan or perm) unfamiliar with the squad when we have a solution at the club.

Here’s hoping that Big Bren gives him the opportunities and KDH shows us what he’s got  

How involved with the squad has KDH been?

26 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I get this.... but if you're not wanting to recall him here, would you not recall him and offer him to lower ranked prem teams? Six months of decent Premier League exposure/performances means we can confidently place him into our squad next season. 

...why pull him our of an environment that he is excelling in!!!

He is obviously growing at his loan club, more than likely finding out more about himself now that he had in the last 5 years in our academy. The comparison with Barnes is very relevant, as at the time, I was against him coming back, the situation  at the time was that the Left Hand side had no one who was staking a genuine claim for it, and it was a boon for Barnes and fortunately it seems, it has worked out for him.

There are options available, if Tielemans is out you can shift Maddison to become the number #8 (he can play a deeper role and he believes himself to be an #8) and either use Perez as the #10 if we have both Tielmans and Maddison out then we are in a poor position and reworking the formation would suffice, instead of bringing back a player just in case.

52 minutes ago, January47 said:

So we're 3rd in the league, FA cup and EL and coming up to a manic number of games and you'd rather rely on someone who's not played a game yet rather than someone who is now proven in L1 and the Champ. Let's deliver this season rather than worrying about next.

If he comes back now he'll get minutes minimum and with more injuries plenty of minutes: and he'll also be ftraining with the first team so you could argue thats development also.

As I said, I know very little about Leshabela but I thought that the fact he hadn't been sent out on loan coupled with the fact Rodgers has him training with the first team and put him on the bench in Europe MAY be indicative of the fact that Rodgers MAY see him as almost forward enough in his development to play? Personally I don't know enough about him, do you know how they compare?

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Im firmly in the recall camp now. Unless Praets injury turns out to be minor. We need to learn from last season. We wont win a game if Tielemans is out... or even when he is too tired to perform. 10-15 minutes of premier league or EL football every other week, Fa Cup football and games when needed as cover for me is going to be better for him then finishing his loan. 

He's going to return next season to do exactly this... but with Praet out its open for him to do this right now. 

Im seriously worried we find ourselves with another Bennett coming in on deadline day that we have to use far more than we hoped. Please please please learn from last year

I think you've summed up my view pretty much.

He's clearly doing very well at Luton, and I'm sure it would benefit him staying the rest of the season. However, on the other hand, with Praet out, we're bare bones in terms of forward-thinking CMs, and this is also a great opportunity for KDH to play a level above. We already know he's plenty good enough for the Championship.

Sure, there is a concern he won't play as much, but I think he'll have plenty of chances. The fixture list is about to be pretty gruelling, and I think he'd be stepping in the minute Tielemans or Maddison are unavailable or in need of rest. Those 2 can't be expected to play 2 whole games per week until March or beyond. Besides, I think this season looks like it could be a great one for the club, and giving ourselves the best chance of success outweighs a possibly more favourable few months of development for one player.

The bottom line is, I think if Praet's out for a matter of months, then we're crying out for a creative midfielder. We could dip into the market, but why do that when you have the player already on your books? Recalling KDH is by far the most logical solution.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

How involved with the squad has KDH been?

I guess more involved that someone who comes in from outside - he’s been in and around the squad since BR arrived and is well regarded at the club so has trained with 1st team a lot. Known to the coaching staff and most of the players

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Only a while ago many on here were happy to see NDiddi play alone in midfield, Something I never agreed with.

Now we play with two Wilf and Youri and some are panicking because a reserve player get's injured and want to recall KDH.

I believe both KDH and us will benefit by leaving him where he is at Luton to gain more experience.  We seen how long it took Harvey to adjust

to the Prem after Puel brought him back early. 

We're not that badly off for cover in midfield even if Hamza goes.

We can play Amartey, Ricardo or JJ  for defensive cover if needed. Or Maddison, Perez, Under to play in the forward roles if needed. 

Then come next season KDH can come into the squad with confidence, knowing he's done it elsewhere and just needs to step up to the Premiership.

Praet might be a reserve, but he's first reserve for two positions in the first team. That's why he already has 14 starts and 7 sub apps this season. People are panicking because this injury means we're very thin on the ground for creative midfielders.

I agree that KDH will benefit from finishing the season at Luton, but I think it also could be possible that recalling him could even be better for him. It would certainly be better for us.

I'm sorry, but I don't think your suggestions for cover are close to being good enough. Amartey can play as a holding midfielder, but he hasn't impressed for us there. Ricardo's played about 10 minutes this season and still isn't back yet, and is also not a central midfielder, unless you know something I don't. I know JJ is very versatile, but, as with Ricardo, as far as I know, I don't think he stretches as far as CM, and besides, he's been our standout defender this season. Moving him to CM has a knock-on effect to the back line. Mendy's the obvious cover for Ndidi, but I don't think any of these players are capable of doing Tielemans or Maddison's job. Maddison can't be considered for cover - he's pretty much a nailed-on starter when available, and I only say pretty much because of Praet, who I thought started the season very well in place of him. Perez, I'll grant you I think can be a good option for the no.10 role. We're not blessed with a great number of attacking players, though, and he's likely to be needed elsewhere. Under's barely played this season due to fitness and injury. He's also more of a wideman. Not really sure if he could play centrally.

It's Youri and Maddison we need cover for. With Praet out, I think the best man in the squad for that job is Kiernan. If we don't recall him, I think we're going to have to buy or borrow someone. Seems pretty pointless doing that to me, when we already have an ideal player on our books.

Your last paragraph still applies if he comes back now. It's just that he'd be closer to the starting XI now than he would be next season when, hopefully, Praet is back from injury.

It's a real shame if Praet is out for months, but who knows? If it means KDH gets his chance to show he can cut it for us in the PL, then maybe there is a silver lining.

• Like 1