Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

37 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

It's frustrating watching Chilwell when a) I thought it was a bad idea for him to go this year and b) BR said he wouldn't sell him. If there is 1 more injury to our back line from now on then we'll be in trouble.

We need to spend serious cash in January, not to panic buy but to keep our PL level and ambition where it is currently. EL was always going to test our depth.

The owners need to invest money, at the very least for a striker, CB, fullback and DM. I hope the owners put in circa £60m in Jan for a CB & striker at a bare minimum and take advantage of the relaxed ffp, players leaving and lack of full potential sponsorship revenues and negative owner to club financial help. If Vardy gets injured for 2-3 months we're screwed. 

You probably would be watching Chilwell or Fofana, but unlikely both.

We apparently needed the Chilwell money to play in the transfer market.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Didn’t say they weren’t? Both Soyuncu and Ndidi have torn their abductor muscle. I don’t know what was/is the issue with Fuchs. 

Ndidi adductor (groin).  Source: Mercury at BR press conference 25/09

Soyuncu abductor (outer top of thigh). Source: Mercury @ BR press conference 16/10

opposing muscles in different locations.

not having a pop, but folk are quoting you and drawing conclusions when they’re not the same thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Reginaldo said:

Soyuncu abductor (outer top of thigh). Source: Mercury @ BR press conference 16/10

not having a pop, but folk are quoting you and drawing conclusions when they’re not the same thing.

Your abductor and adductor muscles are in your hips and thighs, working in sync to enable you to move your legs sideways. Your abductor muscles are responsible for moving your leg away from your body's midline, while the adductors are responsible for moving the leg back towards your body's midline.

whatever..both Bloody hurt..!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Guest said:

According to this website we've got:

• Fewer injuries than five teams (Brighton, Palace, Everton, Liverpool, Man Utd)
  • The same amount of injuries (5) as six teams (Arsenal, Burnley, Man City, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, Southampton)
  • More injuries than eight teams (Villa, Chelsea, Fulham, Leeds, Spurs, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves)

We're not the only ones struggling.

That doesn't really tell the whole story.  It's not just the number of injured players but whether or not they are key players or fringe players.  We have been very unlucky in that we have lost many of our best players.

I think it is most likely down to lack of pre season.  Not only are we seeing lots of injuries we are seeing a crazy amount of goals and a lot of strange results which I attribute to the same thing - inadequate preparation.  If ever there was an opportunity for an outlier to 'do a Leicester' this is the year.  

This is ridiculous. We were told 4-6 months when he first got injured, its now been 7 and is likely to end up close to 9. I know it's not an exact science and shit happens but it definitely feels like either a disproportionate amount of bad luck or the quality of physiotherapy at the club has dropped off in the last couple of years.

If you wanted to you could probably trace it back to Mendy falling over against Arsenal and being out for a year plus, but that was ages ago now.

15 hours ago, Reginaldo said:

The clubs own website is saying both Ndidi and Soyuncu are out with adductor strains. 

C92DC41E-8F82-4382-BDF2-2CB47C02A5D9.png

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ealingfox said:

This is ridiculous. We were told 4-6 months when he first got injured, its now been 7 and is likely to end up close to 9. I know it's not an exact science and shit happens but it definitely feels like either a disproportionate amount of bad luck or the quality of physiotherapy at the club has dropped off in the last couple of years.

If you wanted to you could probably trace it back to Mendy falling over against Arsenal and being out for a year plus, but that was ages ago now.

I think it was a pipe dream to have him back so early though as ACL is usually a minimum of 6 months and usually between 6-12 months. Its becoming a farce those these injuries, we need to regroup and see if its anything we can get better at, wouldn't surprise me if we did as that's the sort of stuff we repeatedly get right over many rivals.

7 hours ago, ealingfox said:

No one is back from an ACL injury after 6 months, They usually take around 9 months absolute minimum til they're back in contention, but usually well over a year until they're the same player anymore. If they ever reach the same heights again.

Don't expect Ricardo to be as good as he used to be, even when he does come back.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sampson said:

No one is back from an ACL injury after 6 months, They usually take around 9 months absolute minimum til they're back in contention, but usually well over a year until they're the same player anymore. If they ever reach the same heights again.

Don't expect Ricardo to be as good as he used to be, even when he does come back.

that's a bit glass half full unless you're specifically speaking about this season.  it could take till next season for him to regain his full range of movement at the speed and pace he used to 

23 hours ago, murphy said:

Tried to edit a post and ended up quoting myself.

Stupid 'new look' FT!  

And another thing, if you want to quote a certain part or sentence from a long post, you used to just highlight the passage in bold.  Now you can't do it because it gets blurred out and lost and makes you look as though you are replying to the voices in your head.

As you were.

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 2

Injuries will just be a feature of this season.  Any club with few injuries at the moment better prepare for it.  It's going to be carnage around and after Xmas and the league and cups are really up for grabs for any team this year.  Players aren't robots and we'll see that more than ever this season.  Think we just have to prepare for the worst.

I not sure why we are suffering with so many key player injuries most are quite long term as well, LCFC has in the past always seem to me to get away very lightly had a few injuries each season on mainly second string players and not so much on key players! Could it be changes in the training style maybe lighter training or could it be players are being brought back to quickly after injuries or just the sacking of a brilliant physio for over 20 years in Dave Rennie?

Edited by grumpy old git
error

1 minute ago, grumpy old git said:

I not sure why we are suffering with so many key player injuries most are quite long term as well, LCFC has in the past always seem to me to get away very lightly had a few injuries each season on mainly second string players and not so much on key players! Could it be changes in the training style maybe lighter training or coud it be players are being brought back to quickly after injuries or just the sacking of a brillient physio in Dave Renie?

How’s things Dave? Found another job?

• Haha 3

I’m sure all the injuries are to do with the stop start end of season then add in squeezing loads of games in at the end . Then a very short lay off then  back to training for the  new season and lad I’m loads of stupid internationals . Recipe for disaster and it no surprise we have a lot of injuries along with other clubs .