Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

10 minutes ago, reynard said:

Exactly this. We're far too nice at times. Our players should really have kicked off around him and got in his face big time. Their players would have and so would most other teams. Simply as bad a tackle as you are likely to see. Imagine the Arsenal side of Viera reacting the way we did.

All of Youri, Vards, Kiki and Madders immediately went sprinting towards the ref while shouting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We're too nice as a football club, we have been for years. Any other top manager would be in the face of the ref and linesman, their players would be surrounding the ref, kicking off, having ago at whoever caused the injury etc. We just accept it and move on, then post on social media after the game about how great the atmosphere in the ground was and how good the other team were.

As someone said in another thread, there's no siege mentality in this club, we're like Mr Nice. Another example is the EL campaign, we tried to be 'friends' with all the other teams, merchandise of all 4 clubs badges together etc. Pick up points, social media posts about other teams hosting us and thanking them, but in reality their fans were trying to cave our heads in and one or two of them even stabbed our fans. We're so naive as a club, from the top to the bottom, including the fans.

I think we've turned into Brighton. It reminds me a bit of back in the 90's when arriving at the away end at Readings Elm Park and being greeted by a club official welcoming us to their stadium. This was during a time when we were usually welcomed at most grounds with pointy sticks and vicious police dogs. 

43 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think we've turned into Brighton. It reminds me a bit of back in the 90's when arriving at the away end at Readings Elm Park and being greeted by a club official welcoming us to their stadium. This was during a time when we were usually welcomed at most grounds with pointy sticks and vicious police dogs. 

Many will disagree but that’s how football should be for me, hostile, soon sorts the men from the boys on the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"It's just bad luck". 

We have been barely doing any training for three to four weeks now. Daka’s picked that up on Wednesday night. Hence why he got subbed early and everyone including myself hammered Rodgers for that. 

Hectic programme compounded by being unable to switch players around with players out due to COVID. There are multiple clubs with double digit players out because of it. Not just us. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

We have been barely doing any training for three to four weeks now. Daka’s picked that up on Wednesday night. Hence why he got subbed early and everyone including myself hammered Rodgers for that. 

Hectic programme compounded by being unable to switch players around with players out due to COVID. There are multiple clubs with double digit players out because of it. Not just us. 

This has been happening long before this hectic COVID schedule though, probably close to 2 years now. Liverpool and Celtic fans had exactly the same complaints aswell at previous points. 

4 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Rodgers looks broken. Players out for a few weeks and now includes Daka who is out for 3 as well. The club have literally been ruined by injury for 12 months now. Stay up, get people back, reinforce and give 22/23 a go.

Rogers is cursed he needs some of Top's Thai monks to bless him and the team with sacred water

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally disagree as we’ve had two seasons before this of a congested schedule and simply don’t have the squad to chop and change. So players get over played and overloaded. Hence we have Wilf and Vardy on the bench today. Was an occasion last year where the fans questioned why Barnes wasn’t playing against Prague; he was showing signs of fatigue…a game later injured v Arsenal.

Anyway I’m taking a break here for a bit cos it’s quite clear players and club are going to get undeserved shit over the next week for no particular, exact fault of their own. 

There's obviously some bad luck involved, but at some point you have to question why it's just us? Why do players continually come back and get injured again? Why do we always have the most or close to the most players injured? Why haven't we invested in a couple of decent youngsters to prop up the squad as they won't take up a place in the EPL/EL squads? Why doesn't Rodgers have bigger squads, he said himself he prefers smaller squads but this season he knew we'd have loads of games, make an exception. Why play Vardy a 36 year old striker for 90 minutes the other day, yet take off KDH, a 23 year old lad who has hardly played any games this season in comparison.

Some things I do feel are out of Rodgers control, but we need to start questioning why it keeps happening to us, again and again and again. As I said earlier, these are similar things that Arsenal fans said about Wenger and they said the same, small squads, not enough money to invest like other big teams etc. Yet as soon as he went, their injuries improved massively under a new manager.

On 16/12/2021 at 08:00, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, I don't buy its just bad luck or all down to the pandemic and the scheduling of games. That won't have helped but if Rodgers and his coaches believe it's solely that then we're in trouble, as they're completely absolving themselves of any notion they could be causing it. 

Didn't @Muzzy_Larsson allude to his injury record at Celtic being diabolical too? 

Yeah was exact same at Celtic, over the course of pretty much all his time at the club.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Is there something wrong with the pitches at seagrave or something or do we need a whole new medical/physio/nutrition/sports science team? There are way too many injuries for this to just be a coincidence surely. We went through pretty much the whole title winning season with no injuries and used to make fun of Arsenal for having so many this can't just be bad luck. 

• Like 1