Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ktfox59

Injuries at the club.

9 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

Also, that's an awful analogy.  If I walked into my dr's office and he saw some cvnt in a Liverpool shirt scissor tackle me either side of the knee, then I hobbled around for a couple minutes, I'd like to think he wouldn't have to "magically guess" what may be wrong.

I nearly drowned laughing whilst taking a swig of coffee!! My favourite post of 2021!!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

It's such a horrible challenge. 

At least as bad as the tackle that Klopp was complaining about from Kane. 

Just hope Ricardo is OK, would be rotten and so unfair it it's a bad injury.  

If it puts him out for a similar amount of time like last time I think it would be the end of him here or potentially career wise. Must be difficult to come back from mentally 

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

You have to start putting some blame on Rodgers. We know Soyuncu was carrying a hamstring strain and Ricardo has been out for a while. I know we didn’t have many options last night but it’s more examples in a long line of examples during his tenure of players coming back from an injury and then breaking down again. It happens all the time.

Riccardo was horror tackle do not sure how you can blame him for that one.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Annoys me even more our players didn't get in to morton after this. They should have made a massive fuss out of it and called him out on it. Hope Ricardo is OK.

Exactly where is the team spirit and camaraderie and just standing up for your team. 

If someone did a tackle like that to a player on my team I'd kick up a massive fuss.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Exactly where is the team spirit and camaraderie and just standing up for your team. 

If someone did a tackle like that to a player on my team I'd kick up a massive fuss.

Yeah, we're a bit too nice.

Liverpool were nasty yesterday - carrying on when Albrighton could have had a major injury or another incident when the ref should have blown for a head injury, Our players would have likely stopped and kicked the ball out of play if an opponent was injured. 

Liverpool went too far yesterday and got away with a couple of terrible challenges which on another day might well have been red cards, but we can definitely show more aggression. 

Fofana and Tielemans have got that drive, as has KDH. We need a bit more of that steeliness and intimidation that Liverpool have in spades.

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

It's such a horrible challenge. 

At least as bad as the tackle that Klopp was complaining about from Kane. 

Just hope Ricardo is OK, would be rotten and so unfair it it's a bad injury.  

10 times as bad, Ricardo’s foots planted and he gets full contact on the knee

Robertson 1 was nasty but saved because he jumped when contacts made just pushing his ankle back with nothing to stop it

As long as Bertrand doesn't play, then that's a good start!

Either a back 3 of Vestergaard, Ndidi and Castagne with Thomas and Albrighton as wing-backs, or Vestergaard alongside Ndidi, with Thomas and Castagne as full backs.

If Castagne isn't fit and Ricardo is out, it will likely be the former. 

We'll likely sit back and hit Man City on the counter-attack rather than press high, and that will fit Vestergaard's game better. 

I think we went 3atb yesterday as the manager was concerned about leaving Ndidi exposed with one defender who's barely played recently. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

14 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

As long as Bertrand doesn't play, then that's a good start!

Either a back 3 of Vestergaard, Ndidi and Castagne with Thomas and Albrighton as wing-backs, or Vestergaard alongside Ndidi, with Thomas and Castagne as full backs.

If Castagne isn't fit and Ricardo is out, it will likely be the former. 

We'll likely sit back and hit Man City on the counter-attack rather than press high, and that will fit Vestergaard's game better. 

I think we went 3atb yesterday as the manager was concerned about leaving Ndidi exposed with one defender who's barely played recently. 

Can’t be long til we can welcome JJ back, surely?

I tuned in late for the game and missed the Foul on Ricardo. Does anyone have a video clip to share. I’m still mad at the ref for allowing these crazy fouls on our players. If it were the other way around imagine kloppy going berserk spitting angry words at everyone within a mile radius probably would have started a fight with Rogers on the touchline too.

we are all a bit too passive aren’t we? We need to get pissed off more when there’s clear injustice like yesterday. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

I tuned in late for the game and missed the Foul on Ricardo. Does anyone have a video clip to share. I’m still mad at the ref for allowing these crazy fouls on our players. If it were the other way around imagine kloppy going berserk spitting angry words at everyone within a mile radius probably would have started a fight with Rogers on the touchline too.

we are all a bit too passive aren’t we? We need to get pissed off more when there’s clear injustice like yesterday. 

We're too nice as a football club, we have been for years. Any other top manager would be in the face of the ref and linesman, their players would be surrounding the ref, kicking off, having ago at whoever caused the injury etc. We just accept it and move on, then post on social media after the game about how great the atmosphere in the ground was and how good the other team were.

As someone said in another thread, there's no siege mentality in this club, we're like Mr Nice. Another example is the EL campaign, we tried to be 'friends' with all the other teams, merchandise of all 4 clubs badges together etc. Pick up points, social media posts about other teams hosting us and thanking them, but in reality their fans were trying to cave our heads in and one or two of them even stabbed our fans. We're so naive as a club, from the top to the bottom, including the fans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Annoys me even more our players didn't get in to morton after this. They should have made a massive fuss out of it and called him out on it. Hope Ricardo is OK.

Exactly this. We're far too nice at times. Our players should really have kicked off around him and got in his face big time. Their players would have and so would most other teams. Simply as bad a tackle as you are likely to see. Imagine the Arsenal side of Viera reacting the way we did.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Exactly this. We're far too nice at times. Our players should really have kicked off around him and got in his face big time. Their players would have and so would most other teams. Simply as bad a tackle as you are likely to see. Imagine the Arsenal side of Viera reacting the way we did.

I can hear and see Madders screaming hey at the ref before running towards him also a few with hands in the air running toward him so the  players didn’t just ignore it . They just didn’t go  OTT with their appealing 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I can hear and see Madders screaming hey at the ref before running towards him also a few with hands in the air running toward him so the  players didn’t just ignore it . They just didn’t go  OTT with their appealing 

Perhaps it was because it was so early in the game as well meant the players didn't react as strongly as they did to Liverpool not kicking the ball out when Albrighton was clearly hurt. 

• Like 1