Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

1 hour ago, bmt said:

Cant believe people are saying the first half showing was intentional haha. We were bloody awful.

Second half (particularly last 25) was much much better and a great result.

The bank of 5 and the bank of 4 in front to deny any space through the middle by staying compact was definitely intentional. We maybe hoped Barnes would be more of an outball, but we clearly planned for using Vardys 30mins. Got lucky that we didn’t concede though.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Nobody in the world sets out to be shit do they. The plan might have been to keep it tight and hit the on the counter, but we couldn't string 5 passes together, didn't really counter and were generally diabolical. 

Both teams were poor really. Think “Diabolical”  Is a little strong. 1st half was poor, but though we were the better team as soon as Vardy came on.

We weren’t terrible first half but not having a recognised striker on the pitch made life difficult. The ball just kept coming back at us, we had no hold up play whatsoever. Brilliant second half. Overall a very good night, why even feel the need to moan after a win like that?  Bizarre 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I think that the plan is to stay in the game for as long as we can and to be more adventurous second half.  Rope a dope.  It is exactly the same tactic that we used against Man City and they did score first but we didn't panic and stuck to the plan.

Rodgers has pulled this off twice in two attempts now.  A low block is not pretty but after 6pts from Man City and Arsenal away, we can't really question the tactic.  If we had gone toe to toe with a depleted side I think we would have lost both games heavily.

Yeah I get that. Certainly don't expect us to go toe to toe with them by any means. We have to play smart and stay in games. I just worry that if we find one of the big sides on song, they will heavily punish us if we allow them on to us so much. It just feels like we rely on our opposition being below par. 

Credit to Rodgers though because quite clearly it worked and its a massive 3 points. Also the substitutes were bang on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bmt said:

Cant believe people are saying the first half showing was intentional haha. We were bloody awful.

Second half (particularly last 25) was much much better and a great result.

Did you not see the Man City game?

Same tactics, same first half, same result.  I would think that after seeing this happen twice in two attempts that the penny would have dropped.

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

Same tactics, same first half, same result.  I would think that after seeing this happen twice in two attempts that the penny would have dropped.

I feel like against Man City we weren't quite as deep for so long. Maybe that was due to having more of an outlet in Vardy against them 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Yeah I get that. Certainly don't expect us to go toe to toe with them by any means. We have to play smart and stay in games. I just worry that if we find one of the big sides on song, they will heavily punish us if we allow them on to us so much. It just feels like we rely on our opposition being below par. 

Credit to Rodgers though because quite clearly it worked and its a massive 3 points. Also the substitutes were bang on

Yeah, it's a risk with the potential to make us look stupid but you can't argue with the results.  I think we have to give credit where it's due because if he had failed with these tactics there is no doubt that he would have been slaughtered.

I think that it is actually much easier to defend when inviting the opposition on as it denies them space.  I think it will be used sparingly given our injury situation and the quality of the opposition.  Horses for courses.

• Like 1

MoTD analysis worth watching for once. As soon as Vardy came on, Arse defence terrified and drop back 10 yards. Madders but especially Youri, suddenly have time and space on the ball in the extra space,  resulting in Youri's brilliant pass to Cenzig. Vardy does so much more than score goals, although it was a beauty.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yeah, it's a risk with the potential to make us look stupid but you can't argue with the results.  I think we have to give credit where it's due because if he had failed with these tactics there is no doubt that he would have been slaughtered.

I think that it is actually much easier to defend when inviting the opposition on as it denies them space.  I think it will be used sparingly given our injury situation and the quality of the opposition.  Horses for courses.

Absolutely. I'm starting to come round to our new style to be honest. It's not pretty and it's not what I consider to be the Leicester way of playing but it's doing a job. It's now against the teams that sit back that we have to formulate our own plan to break them down. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Whenever we seem to be doing well the players seem troubled by it. 

This is true although more characters like Castagne could help push us on. I don't think the squad will be able to challenge for even the top 4 unless other clubs have a disastrous season but no reason why we can't try

I think a few on here don't quite get the distinction between a poor performance and a negative performance. You can't say we played badly at any stage of the game. The concentration and effort required to make the game that hard for Arsenal was massive. It was awful to watch but I really don't think there were any poor performances on the pitch from us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

I think a few on here don't quite get the distinction between a poor performance and a negative performance. You can't say we played badly at any stage of the game. The concentration and effort required to make the game that hard for Arsenal was massive. It was awful to watch but I really don't think there were any poor performances on the pitch from us.

Saw Tielemans getting a bit of criticism but then he pops up with a quality ball for the goal. Also have to remember that he's hardly had a rest

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Talking about referee decisions and then no mention of the most blatant second yellow card you'll see for Bellerin. Fuming if he scored his chance after that. 

I think JJ allowed him to get away with it. Should've took the hit and left the ref with no choice. Obviously its just instincts to jump out of the way but made it look theatrical 

• Like 3

The worry for me in the 1st half, which was different to the Man City game, was that we never tried to counter and get men forward when we won the ball back. Of course we missed the out ball of Vardy but even still, as soon as we won it back and had a chance to counter, nobody attempted to get forward and we just ended up playing the ball back and then allowing Arsenal back onto us. I have no issue with playing a low block and sitting deep away to certain teams but I just couldn't understand why we made no attempt to get forward at all 1st half. The tactics worked in the end and we were much better 2nd half once Vardy came on but it can be a dangerous game when you dont even attempt to get in the opposition half..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Yes most forget we were playing an elite team 👍😊

After being in the North Bank and whatever its called at the Emirates, being surrounded by gooners as Leicester suffered yet another defeat, THIS was very satisfying. 

You could see the keep it tight, then be more adventurous later on, was getting to Arsenal. 

When God came on, you could see the game change. 

Also, what a brilliant move and well executed goal. 

Brilliant pass from Youri, that cross from Cengiz and Vardy for just being in exactly the right place. 

If Liverpool did one like that, the pundits would be all over it

33 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yes and I felt it worked better in that game than this. I'm not saying we didn't have a plan I just think the plan worked more through luck than judgement.