Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Arsenal 0 Amazing Foxes 1 post match

14 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

The worry for me in the 1st half, which was different to the Man City game, was that we never tried to counter and get men forward when we won the ball back. Of course we missed the out ball of Vardy but even still, as soon as we won it back and had a chance to counter, nobody attempted to get forward and we just ended up playing the ball back and then allowing Arsenal back onto us. I have no issue with playing a low block and sitting deep away to certain teams but I just couldn't understand why we made no attempt to get forward at all 1st half. The tactics worked in the end and we were much better 2nd half once Vardy came on but it can be a dangerous game when you dont even attempt to get in the opposition half..

Thats my view arteta read it and pressed the full backs so much the team couldn't get out at all. 1 shot in the first half is awful on another day your 2-0 down and its game over.Lets be real that first half the lads got away with fuchs last ditch clearance , auba miss and the goal ruled out. it could be very different.

Kelechi should of started for me and then vardy come on for him after 60, that would of mean't maybe dropping out praet but would have mean't  Maddison could of picked the ball and forced arsenal to pull back. Youri look far less at ease before Maddison wen't
central once vardy came on. Everything Is judged by results now but sometimes you have to see things above that in games for the overall picture.

The system that finished the game tweaked looked far better everyone looked more at ease credit to rodgers for that. Unger of the right pushed saka and tierney back, and having a central threat mean't even if luiz had stayed on the pitched arsenal couldn't get forward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, twister said:

Thats my view arteta read it and pressed the full backs so much the team couldn't get out at all. 1 shot in the first half is awful on another day your 2-0 down and its game over.Lets be real that first half the lads got away with fuchs last ditch clearance , auba miss and the goal ruled out. it could be very different.

Kelechi should of started for me and then vardy come on for him after 60, that would of mean't maybe dropping out praet but would have mean't  Maddison could of picked the ball and forced arsenal to pull back. Youri look far less at ease before Maddison wen't
central once vardy came on. Everything Is judged by results now but sometimes you have to see things above that in games for the overall picture.

The system that finished the game tweaked looked far better everyone looked more at ease credit to rodgers for that. Unger of the right pushed saka and tierney back, and having a central threat mean't even if luiz had stayed on the pitched arsenal couldn't get forward.

I thought it was unfair to drop Kelechi and said so pre match but I think I kind of get it now.  Just as Vardy was told to stick to Rodri first half against Man City, Barnes had a job to do defensively against Partey.  I'm not sure that Kelechi is the man for that job.  Just goes to show the subtleties that we sometimes miss as fans when we don't have the game plan served up to us and to give Rodgers credit, a tactic that we as fans would probably never have dreamt of.

Had to be behind closed doors when we won there didn't it lol 

Ah well I'm sure it won't be another 47 years before we win there again. With that win last night Arsenal now hold absolutely zero fear factor in my eyes anymore, they always used to turn us over but then we finally got the win against Wenger and last season we decimated them at home, now we've finally got the monkey off our back in regards to winning there, they don't threaten us anything like what they previously did imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, murphy said:

I thought it was unfair to drop Kelechi and said so pre match but I think I kind of get it now.  Just as Vardy was told to stick to Rodri first half against Man City, Barnes had a job to do defensively against Partey.  I'm not sure that Kelechi is the man for that job.  Just goes to show the subtleties that we sometimes miss as fans when we don't have the game plan served up to us and to give Rodgers credit, a tactic that we as fans would probably never have dreamt of.

Again though any game play that means your 11 shots to 1 down, only at 0-0 as a goal is not ruled out by a blocked man. I don't think it quite worked, it did at city to a tee, but it wasn't quite right for me till Maddison went central last night.

3 minutes ago, twister said:

Again though any game play that means your 11 shots to 1 down, only at 0-0 as a goal is not ruled out by a blocked man. I don't think it quite worked, it did at city to a tee, but it wasn't quite right for me till Maddison went central last night.

we could have won 2-0 

3 minutes ago, twister said:

the first half I felt we didn’t offer much threat and I think without a proper striker we struggled. Arsenal were able to push forward even Luiz was practically playing midfield... this all changed when Vardy came on and arsenal were forced back more 

• Like 1

Let's not forget Rodgers' has worked with Mourinho, that was a pure Jose plan, can't go toe to toe with them, especially with the injuries, so frustrate them and hit them on the break.

I just don't think he trusts Nacho to put in the effort required for a full team block. It requires discipline and energy.

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Let's not forget Rodgers' has worked with Mourinho, that was a pure Jose plan, can't go toe to toe with them, especially with the injuries, so frustrate them and hit them on the break.

I just don't think he trusts Nacho to put in the effort required for a full team block. It requires discipline and energy.

Very good point. It was a very Jose style of performance. 

This whole masterclass narrative is a bit of a laugh, really.  We were awful for an hour and then when we made the subs which finally put us in a workable formation, we shithoused a goal.  If Arsenal had converted one of their chances in the first half or we didn't convert our one (!) chance of the game, this place would be ripping Rodgers a new one and justifiably so.

A great result, and we did a decent job of executing Burnely-ball for most of the match, but it really should have been Kelechi up front and Barnes wide, where he's effective and comfortable, right from the whistle.  It's sometimes better to be lucky than good but over the long haul, I'd rather take my chances with good.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

This whole masterclass narrative is a bit of a laugh, really.  We were awful for an hour and then when we made the subs which finally put us in a workable formation, we shithoused a goal.  If Arsenal had converted one of their chances in the first half or we didn't convert our one (!) chance of the game, this place would be ripping Rodgers a new one and justifiably so.

A great result, and we did a decent job of executing Watford-ball for most of the match, but it really should have been Kelechi up front and Barnes wide, where he's effective and comfortable, right from the whistle.  It's sometimes better to be lucky than good but over the long haul, I'd rather take my chances with good.

Yep I hope we never see the no striker false 10 idea again, over the course of a season you wont get away that 60 minutes to often.

Great result. Nothing flashy and is being labelled a smash and grab, but played to perfection. We were always going to require a little bit of luck before unleashing Vardy and I think we got it. Doesn't sound like we gave them too many good chances anyway and were then in a position to get the win when Vardy could come on. Lovely play for the goal too - real quality.

I know it is easy to point at the Villa and West Ham results and be disappointed, seemingly because of where both those teams finished last season - but I think they're different beasts this season (West Ham in particular look a good side this year). The circumstances we are playing in are very strange, it looks like consistency is absent from most teams. We're sitting in 4th, 1 point off the top, while going through a major injury crisis - this is a really strong start to the season.

21 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Thought he said it was about speed and strectching the field and nothing to do with Iheanachos effort.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Thought he said it was about speed and strectching the field and nothing to do with Iheanachos effort.

Of course he's not going to say that, but if you have confidence in your only fit striker you don't play a winger that is very wasteful in front of goal up front.

I really want Nacho to come good but if he's not playing when Vardy isn't fit then that's not a good sign.

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

Copy and paste quote from the Man City mob

It’s just so sad to see things like this. Has the standard of the game fallen so much that “great” tactical managers like Arteta, Pep and Klopp are so dependant on things going their way ? I mean, West Ham did it to us a few weeks ago. Would you really see Cruyff, Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson etc. Sit there and say, it’s not fair they didn’t do what we wanted them to ? It’s weird how these “mastermind” tacticians have let the game standards drop so significantly that it’s now dependant on the way the opposition plays or the cut of the grass or whether the wind blows left or right. 

Sorry Mikael and Pep. We’ll play one at the back next time. Shall we wear yellow bibs too so you know who the “losers” should be in the training exercise ?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s just so sad to see things like this. Has the standard of the game fallen so much that “great” tactical managers like Arteta, Pep and Klopp are so dependant on things going their way ? I mean, West Ham did it to us a few weeks ago. Would you really see Cruyff, Shankly, Paisley, Ferguson etc. Sit there and say, it’s not fair they didn’t do what we wanted them to ? It’s weird how these “mastermind” tacticians have let the game standards drop so significantly that it’s now dependant on the way the opposition plays or the cut of the grass or whether the wind blows left or right. 

Sorry Mikael and Pep. We’ll play one at the back next time. Shall we wear yellow bibs too so you know who the “losers” should be in the training exercise ?

And yet Rodgers gets called out as arrogant. Precious.

36 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I don’t believe it’s anything to do with “not trusting Nacho” it’s all down to horses for courses, we played low block and were happy for them to have the ball, BR states Nacho great at holding up play and playing the neat slip passes but we didn’t need that as we weren’t going to be in and around their box that often. Barnes was preferred to provide a pacy outlet as and when the chance presented itself, that’s it in a nutshell no conspiracy 

1 hour ago, twister said:

I think its quite clear that the plan was to occupy Partey. Kelechi does an outstanding job of holding the ball up and having runners off him (a fact missed by so many) but there's no way he could have occupied Partey the way that Barnes did. Barnes cut off supply lines to him and with his pace there was always a threat going forward, admittedly we didn't see that threat, partly because Barnes is a wide player not a central one. But I don't think his job defensively can be overlooked last night. Kelechi wouldn't have done the same job. 

The task was to have 2 solid banks of 5 and 4 and Barnes to cut off supply lines. Which we did to great affect. The only thing we got wrong in the 1st half was letting Luiz have too much time on the ball and thats where their main threat came from, the cross field ball to Tierney who was left hugging the touchline by Castagne. 

The plan was always to get to about the 60 minutes mark, bring Jamie on and hopefully still be in the game. Stretch them at the back and come away with something. Yes we got a little luck along the way, but you need luck sometimes, and we came away with all 3 points

Edited by Jimbo