Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

Castagne

4 hours ago, drumbeat said:

I like this interview with him....

https://www.lcfc.com/tv/2270216/we-have-to-be-better-says-castagne

He's definitely a 'glass half empty' kind of guy (which I like) so the balance with the usual talk of taking the positives etc is refreshing. He's clearly not happy with how the team is playing of late (and I suspect  that's a common enough feeling in the squad) so, for me, it's a good thing that we can see that the current form is a concern for the players too. It shows he cares.

I really liked this interview, he was very honest and it shows they know its not good enough.  They are showing fight but like he said there is lots to work on. I like Timmy! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/09/2021 at 17:10, ScrumpyJack said:

Shame there aren’t any bangers of a song about lasagna, if there were we’d have a smashing chant. Would not wanna pasta that opportunity up.

What a life it would be

If you could come to mine for tea

I’ll pick you up at half past three

Timothy Castagne.

You are welcome.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/10/2021 at 15:07, Dahnsouff said:

Would genuinely rather sell Ricky

Why can't we have both? Ricardo on the right, Castagne on the left?

People forget how good Ricardo is. Not many better right backs in the league for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why can't we have both? Ricardo on the right, Castagne on the left?

People forget how good Ricardo is. Not many better right backs in the league for me.

Past glories are great down the pub but feck all use on the pitch tbh. Suspect I am miserable bastard today though.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Past glories are great down the pub but feck all use on the pitch tbh. Suspect I am miserable bastard today though.

Yeah cheer up man Ricardo just come back from a bad injury and has so far played 6 games and got 2 assists if I recall correctly. Also played a massive part in the goal at Brighton. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

No, I don’t think so.

Presumably you are ending Tim’s name with a knee sound rather than a nay ? You likely know more about this than me, so just asking 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Presumably you are ending Tim’s name with a knee sound rather than a nay ? You likely know more about this than me, so just asking 

More a nyuh really, much as most English people (me included) pronounce the end of lasagne. Hence my choosing that song to respond to the original suggestion that we need a song about lasagne for Castagne. That being the only pop song I know that’s about lasagne.

TL:DR - I pronounce Castagne to rhyme with lasagne. I have no idea how he pronounces it himself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Didn't think he really suited playing on the left last season, but he was ace yesterday. Hopefully he can keep that up and then we don't have to worry about Bertrand struggling so much.

I think that was his best game for us yesterday. I’ve gone and record and said I don’t see the hype but yesterday I was impressed. 

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Strange how people view things differently, always looks great to me

I wouldn’t say he’s poor, just not exceptional. I thought he was decent but questioned why we’d signed another right back, rather than a left back. I’d rather play him at left back than Bertrand though. 

Ive said for ages how good he is . even at LB. This season hes only played there for 30 mins vs Brighton in the 2nd half(after Betrand had just given away a stupid free kick to make it 2-). Argubly the best we performed all season was at 2-0 down vs Brighton and were robbed of at least a draw.

Not saying he was the clear and only reason but it is CLEAR that he is our best full back, with respect to the fact that Ricardo doesn't look to be getting back to where he was and Justin not yet seen.

Its no coincidence we were at our best, both the 2nd half vs Brighton and vs Man Utd.

He also dealt much better with Zaha than Betrand did the other side despite having the harder threat and was also the biggest reason we won yesterday after bottling it at 2-2 by that fantastic athletism and ball control to out do Wan Bassaka for the winner. Betrand or Thomas couldnt dream of ever doing that.

The guy is so underrated, 1 of the first names on the team sheet for me. At RB when Justin is back at LB and at LB with Ricardo at RB until then. 

• Like 2